• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
How can I make my Gmail have notifications? I had it disabled before because of Inbox, but now even though t seems to be activated (in app settings), I dont get any.

The new Samsung a80 looks like my kind of dumb.

CORvnWN.gif

Why have one moving part when you can have two, right?

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I genuinely don't understand why anyone would want the Galaxy Fold when there are literally more impressive folding phones coming out of China. Everything from the size of the folded up screen to the massive camera notch screams 1st generation.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely don't understand why anyone would want the Galaxy Fold when there are literally more impressive folding phones coming out of China. Everything from the size of the folded up screen to the massive camera notch screams 1st generation.
Not everyone likes the plastic screen to be exposed.

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
I've been debating which fold phone to get.

But even though the mate x might look more appealing, it has to major drawbacks, EMUI and BOE screen...both are pretty garbage.

Hopefully Oppo will use a Samsung screen with their folding phone.

So far I'm leaning toward the galaxy fold 5g version.

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
I've been debating which fold phone to get.

But even though the mate x might look more appealing, it has to major drawbacks, EMUI and BOE screen...both are pretty garbage.

Hopefully Oppo will use a Samsung screen with their folding phone.

So far I'm leaning toward the galaxy fold 5g version.

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
14-year-old son's Moto Z Play died after a good 2.5 years of service. Upgraded him to a Galaxy S10 Plus. Dang, that's a nice phone!

Oct 25, 2017

Too bad us USA folks won't be getting them and these first gen foldables you better have warranty lol.

Anyways foldables are pointless atm until there is more native support until q is out.

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
Well not pointless, I've imported plenty of phones that never made it to the US. I never really had a problem with them.

It also allow me too experience cool tech that's not available in US.

For example people was saying oppo Find X retractable camera was clunkly and will break easily. Guess what? They're are wrong cause mine is still working fine after plenty of drops. It end up better than most phone in the US with notches. Some people will never realize how ground breaking a phone that can charge 0 to 100 in 30min. A lot of people like to be sceptic without out real world experience.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you.
Your order #XXXXXXXXXX has been received and is currently being processed. We'll notify you as soon as it's been shipped.
We have sent the Order Details to your email:
<email>

Order Summary
Galaxy Fold 512GB (AT&T) Black Hinge
$1,980.00
Will ship by May 01, 2019
Premium Care
$19.99

Shipping Information:
Expedited
Once shipped, order should arrive in 2 business days

s-l300.jpg

Sir Tsunami

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you.
Your order #XXXXXXXXXX has been received and is currently being processed. We'll notify you as soon as it's been shipped.
<email>

Order Summary
$1,980.00
Premium Care
$19.99

Shipping Information:
Expedited

s-l300.jpg

Must be nice

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
Thank you.
<email>

Order Summary
$1,980.00
Premium Care
$19.99

Shipping Information:
Expedited

s-l300.jpg

Nice!! The phones price is not that bad actually cause its 512gb. How much does a iPhone XS 512gb? Like $1400 right?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
My Galaxy S8 finally got the Android Pie/One UI update and holy CRAP is this thing smooth. Every animation is just beautifully smooth and responsive.

It's so nice nowadays in Android, the phone is two years old, gone through three major Android versions, and it's literally faster and smoother than ever.

Oct 25, 2017
hope they release a variant with spen in august.

The inside is like the perfect size and dimension for taking notes.

I don't get why it doesn't support 4 app splitscreen though. It got 12gb of ram!

Screenshot_20190415-101715_YouTube.jpg

what the heck. hope this is fixed... makes no sense why the notch covers the screen on video playback lol.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I see the colors and kind of regret getting black, but then I see it fully open from the back and that black bezel around the front screen would piss me off.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw on the Verge's Galaxy Fold preview that the notch on the inside always obstructs fullscreen Youtube videos?

That's not cool 😕

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
Should I get a Oneplus 6T instead of the S10? the difference in price is quite significant.

the 3.5 mm lack of in the 6T might be an issue with the my car's AUX (unless the dongle isn't a hassle). Is the camera decent enough though?

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Should I get a Oneplus 6T instead of the S10? the difference in price is quite significant.

the 3.5 mm lack of in the 6T might be an issue with the my car's AUX (unless the dongle isn't a hassle). Is the camera decent enough though?

You could probably get an Android Auto-supporting head unit installed in your car for less than that price differential.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
How does the screen feels in these folding phones?, I mean, does it feels plastic and soft or is it completely rigid once opened?

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
I'm in between buying a Huawei p30 and a Google Pixel 3. I absolutely love the Pixel 3 front cameras, as I like taking selfies, with context but I realise that the back cameras of standard p30 are probably superior, in daylight and in low light. And I sure do like using zoom for portraits and framing. Don't care about video.

But does the P30 still do that annoying "sharpening, the photo please hold your device steady " message? Also, what would you guys recommend me to get?

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
I'm in between buying a Huawei p30 and a Google Pixel 3. I absolutely love the Pixel 3 front cameras, as I like taking selfies, with context but I realise that the back cameras of standard p30 are probably superior, in daylight and in low light. And I sure do like using zoom for portraits and framing. Don't care about video.

But does the P30 still do that annoying "sharpening, the photo please hold your device steady " message? Also, what would you guys recommend me to get?

If you like taking selfies, huawei device are the worst! All super washed out and soft.
Pixel 3 front camera is superior.

Overall I think the huawei's camera functions are overrated. Pictures that comes out of it are just Instagram worthy...way too punchy and over process.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017

How do you feel about Google's Android vs EMUI? That's what it's ultimately gonna boil down to

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
How do you feel about Google's Android vs EMUI? That's what it's ultimately gonna boil down to
I'm fine with both, my sister has the P20 pro, it took a while to get used to having all the apps on the home screen but ultimately it doesn't bother me. I suppose the google pixel 3 would be fine if there was some cheap lens for portraits (not the moment's lens that cost 100+). The lack of autofocus on the P30 front camera will seriously fuck up a lot of action selfies on the other hand.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
hope they release a variant with spen in august.

The inside is like the perfect size and dimension for taking notes.

I don't get why it doesn't support 4 app splitscreen though. It got 12gb of ram!

Screenshot_20190415-101715_YouTube.jpg

what the heck. hope this is fixed... makes no sense why the notch covers the screen on video playback lol.
I mean, it supports up to 8 apps opened... At once.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why Samsung didn't remove the selfie camera's for the folding display and make it all screen without the ugly notch. There is no reason they couldn't have put the "best" selfie shooter on the folded side (And it would have been easier to use versus taking a selfie with a tablet).

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
I wonder why Samsung didn't remove the selfie camera's for the folding display and make it all screen without the ugly notch. There is no reason they couldn't have put the "best" selfie shooter on the folded side (And it would have been easier to use versus taking a selfie with a tablet).

Probably to show off multitasking, like be on a video call while writing an email...who knows..

Oct 25, 2017
being able to selfie on the giant view finder is probably a big selling point of the thing. For the Orange county millenials.

unbox therapy did a pretty good video comparing the fold with other large phones... man does it make me want one... I read there is software option to not have the notch intrude with content like youtube videos... so thats nice.

hope there are more multitasking options.

Wonder if at&t or tmobile or best buy or other retailers will have demo units out.