• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously thinking about picking up a cheap iPhone and trading it to pick up that Pixel 3A.

I'm traveling over to somewhere int'l where my ass actually got pick pocketed.

I think the Pixel 3A would be $160 - $260 net with everything you get. Couldn't think of a better back up phone because of the cost for what you're getting, long support, and very good camera (making it almost perfect for taking it overseas... except of the lack of the wide angle lens, which would be something you would ideally want on vacation).

My other option is to keep it simple and get that Moto X4 for $130.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Chain has more pics.

Still not of a fan of curved screens but otherwise it looks slick

Oh hubba hubba. Looks nice.

Hope it's 750 not 999 like the chinese price leak thing. At 999 I probably wont buy. At 750 I probably will.

I wonder if this will actually be available in USA at stores today? I cant imagine so or units would have leaked.

Winter-John

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I been looking for a new tablet and I saw this thing called a Lenovo Yoga Book on Ebay for a couple hundred bucks. I was wondering if anyone's had one cos the reviews I've seen are pretty mixed on it, but it looks cool as shit

Deleted member 46103

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2018
I been looking for a new tablet and I saw this thing called a Lenovo Yoga Book on Ebay for a couple hundred bucks. I was wondering if anyone's had one cos the reviews I've seen are pretty mixed on it, but it looks cool as shit

Doubt you will see anyone on here with it. Just try Google searching reviews.

Android tablets aren't really a thing anymore besides some cheap brands and Samsung.

ChromeOS is now the preferred tablet OS by Google since it runs Android apps now.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Looked at the s10e and s10. Like holy shit my 6T is massive in comparison to them. Like to the point I'm kind of considering going back down to a 5.5ish size phone.
I got an S10e coming from an iPhone XS Max and I'm really happy with the size.

It's just big enough to type comfortably and enjoy watching videos on it, but it feels a lot better in my pocket than my last several large phones.

I was worried about that battery, but it's about the same as my XS Max which is pretty good.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
oh my gah that one plus 7 pro...it honestly seems peerless. the specs blow away the s10 for a lot less. i dont see any flaw. in several area it's leaps ahead of the s10.

this thing is unbelievable. bet they sell out instantly on saturday. i will be hammering their website trying to get mine.

ufs 3.0 up to 79% faster...all that crazy stuff is ahead of the s10! FOr way less. 8/256 version only 699, 12/256 only 749! It's unreal.

Quotes from The Ars Technica :https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...stest-best-designed-best-value-android-phone/
Wow. OnePlus is putting the rest of the smartphone world on notice with the launch of its newest smartphone, the OnePlus 7 Pro. The company has become known for providing excellent value in the Android market, and while that is still true of the OnePlus 7 Pro, everything moves even further toward the premium side of the spectrum with this device. With a bigger bill of materials budget behind it, OnePlus has created the best Android phone on the market.

OnePlus isn't just offering features and performance that feel a generation ahead of many of the current devices on the market—it's doing so for a lower price than the super-premium, $1,000 flagships out there. While you can buy a OnePlus 7 Pro today, I think a lot of manufacturers are going to spend the next year scrambling to catch up to OnePlus.

Brace yourselves for an incredibly positive review of the OnePlus 7 Pro.

I thought it was all hype but they say

90Hz OLED is a smoothness revolution

I guess no wireless charging. I do use wireless charging on mY s8+ but it's not a big deal and I can definitely give it up. And no always on display. I dont use that anyway. No official IP rating, but they tout some sort of water hardiness, again not a huge deal IMO.

Edit2 good grief just read this section

This should not be a surprise to anyone that has read this far, but the performance is exceptional. This is the fastest Android phone on Earth. Not just in terms of benchmarks, which it will take top honors in, but in terms of everyday usage and UI performance. The 90Hz display, fast touch latency, optimized software, and Qualcomm's fastest SoC all combine to give you buttery-smooth UI performance that crushes the mainstream flagships out there.

I'm glad now I didn't pull the trigger on a s10 not that I ever really considered it lol. I was really tired of Samsung and it's fisher price UI anyway. I have nothing against them, but I've had a Samsung flagship as my daily driver basically my whole life (S1, S3, S5, now S8). I was just bored of them.

EDit 3 I keep reading, this review reads like a absolutely brutal takedown of SAmsung lol

The OnePlus 7 Pro is the most expensive OnePlus phone ever, but boy has that extra money been put to good use. This is the best Android phone on the market, and the competition is not even close.

The 90Hz display is a huge deal. Seeing animations and scrolling at fluid 90FPS does more to make a phone feel performant than any benchmark score, and I really don't want to have to go back to a 60Hz phone. With OnePlus pulling out all the stops to ship this display, would you believe that Samsung's flagship no longer has the best OLED panel on the market? I don't know how the company slept on this. Samsung most likely made the OnePlus 7 Pro panel, but somehow it never considered 90Hz a good fit for the Galaxy S10.

Any company selling a $1,000 smartphone should be in an absolute panic with the OnePlus 7 Pro on the market. The company is shipping better features, better software, and a better design for a lower price. The OnePlus 7 Pro just sucks all the air out of the Android flagship conversation: it's this or nothing else.

Last edited:

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, you can't get the 3-month trial key anymore? Is that a new thing, because I put Adhell on my S10e as soon as I got it with one of those keys I generated myself.

Yeah, they changed it like a month ago I think. If you don't uninstall the app or if your key hasn't expired Adhell will still work at least. You won't be able to access any Adhell settings though.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oh my gah that one plus 7 pro...it honestly seems peerless. the specs blow away the s10 for a lot less. i dont see any flaw. in several area it's leaps ahead of the s10.

this thing is unbelievable. bet they sell out instantly on saturday. i will be hammering their website trying to get mine.

ufs 3.0 up to 79% faster...all that crazy stuff is ahead of the s10! FOr way less. 8/256 version only 699, 12/256 only 749! It's unreal.

Quotes from The Ars Technica :https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...stest-best-designed-best-value-android-phone/

I thought it was all hype but they say

I'm here browsing on a 120Hz phone screen and yes, it's well worth it

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
God I would love to get the 7 Pro... if only it had a jack (and if they shipped to my country lol)

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Way better camera, way better soc, wireless charging, 5+ years same day OS updates, and infinitely better battery life.

Why would those not be a good reason to get an XR?

You're sort of right. It's just that sexy design that got me. Regarding the camera being way better, I don't know if that's the case. I need to see more reviews. Video camera wise... it probably is.

Regarding the CPU, I guarantee you that this does not matter. One Plus 7 Pro will be the better peformer with that spec combo of 90 Hz screen, 6 to 12 GB of ram, and most importantly 3.0 UFS. That Adrendo chip for the GPU is beast too. It generally offers better sustained performance that Apple's solution. Go look at Anandtech reviews on the Snapdragon 855. The One Plus 6t was already slaying all phones until the S10

Battery life I'll give you. That's one of the best features of the XR.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
You're sort of right. It's just that sexy design that got me. Regarding the camera being way better, I don't know if that's the case. I need to see more reviews. Video camera wise... it probably is.

Regarding the CPU, I guarantee you that this does not matter. One Plus 7 Pro will be the better peformer with that spec combo of 90 Hz screen, 6 to 12 GB of ram, and most importantly 3.0 UFS. That Adrendo chip for the GPU is beast too. It generally offers better sustained performance that Apple's solution. Go look at Anandtech reviews on the Snapdragon 855. The One Plus 6t was already slaying all phones until the S10

Battery life I'll give you. That's one of the best features of the XR.
I mean. I like the OnePlus too, my 6 is a great phone and absolutely the brand i'd recommend to someone looking for an Android in this price range, but your reply was that some people will choose an XR over this and I made an argument for that choice. Which seems perfectly valid depending on your demand and usage. If you want a long lasting phone with top notch performance and updates for years to come. The XR is simply a more reliable choice.

New OnePlus looks very good, but I'll wait it out for next year. Still happy with my 6T.
Yeah, I'm sticking with my 6 for now, but boy is this a tempting phone. If it had wireless charging I might have not been able to resist.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to skip/disable the awful "ambient display" screen so as to go directly to the real lock screen when using tap to wake or raise to wake (Pixel 3a, Pie)?

Having to press the power button or swipe the screen (or double tap again) to actually read notifications or interact with media controls kind of defeats the whole purpose.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Way better camera, way better soc, wireless charging, 5+ years same day OS updates, and infinitely better battery life.

Why would those not be a good reason to get an XR?

Is an XR Camera better than an 8 plus camera? If not really then the gcam port on the 6T with night sight is better than an iPhone camera. Haven't had an iPhone since the 8 plus though. I can get 2 days pretty heavy use on a 6T with a 3700mah battery. 7 pro is 4000mah. I doubt the xr is any better. 6t and xr battery tests they do about the same in youtube vids.

Last edited:

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Is an XR Camera better than an 8 plus camera? If not really then the gcam port on the 6T with night sight is better than an iPhone camera. Haven't had an iPhone since the 8 plus though. I can get 2 days pretty have use on a 6T with a 3700mah battery. 7 pro is 4000mah. I doubt the xr is any better. 6t and xr battery tests they do about the same in youtube vids.
The XR has the same main camera as the XS and XS Max, it's only lacking the second camera. It is still widely regarded as second only to the Pixel camera.

MKBHD explicitly complained about battery life being lacking, due to the 90hz non variable screen. They could fix that in an OS update later, but there's no assurance you'll ever get variable refresh rates.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is an XR Camera better than an 8 plus camera?

Yes. Significantly so.

Doesn't do night sight, of course, so if that's your use case than any decent Android device with GCam is better. Myself, I find night sight to be a gimmick, as it requires the subject and the photographer to both be still for an extended capture.

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
Thinking about grabbing the Pixel 3a as an android phone to swap out the sim occasionally from my XR. Thoughts? I haven't owned an Android phone since the Nexus 4(?) and I wanna see what the OS has to offer now over iOS.

mauaus

Oct 25, 2017
Posted on the op7 thread but might as well ask here...
I was ready to switch from my pixel 3 xl , hanging on the camera performance. Sounds disappointing from what ive read so far.

Question for 6t owners, how reliable have the gmod ports been?

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Posted on the op7 thread but might as well ask here...
I was ready to switch from my pixel 3 xl , hanging on the camera performance. Sounds disappointing from what ive read so far.

Question for 6t owners, how reliable have the gmod ports been?

Flawless on my unlocked model but a poster on here said it doesn't work well on the TMobile bootloader.

Oeufcoque

Oct 27, 2017
MKBHD explicitly complained about battery life being lacking, due to the 90hz non variable screen. They could fix that in an OS update later, but there's no assurance you'll ever get variable refresh rates.

I was saddened by this but then I saw Dave2D's review and he said he was able to get 7-8 hours on screen time. Now I am just confused.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Just upgraded from my LG G6 to a S10e. The screen is a bit of a downgrade IMO, but I was planning to keep my G6 around for media consumption in bed anyway and everything else is a nice upgrade. Got it for $550 unlocked! Anything I need to know that might not be immediately obvious?

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright traded an og pixel for a pixel 3a xl so total cost for pixel 3a xl on TMobile $180 (bought pixel for $100, $400 trade credit). Gotta say I am pretty impressed. Like impressed enough I might just sell my oneplus 6t.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I distinctly remember them bringing up the unlimited storage during the presentation, was that about something else?

I can see why there would be confusion

oESTmF1.png

You get unlimited storage in High quality, with the regular Pixel, you get unlimited storage in Original quality.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I am highly interested in seeing the pricing for the upcoming Redmi K20. If you're wondering, the naming scheme while completely random and unfitting in the rest of their line up is actually a pretty brazen and cocky as fuck abbreviation.

Basically, K20=Flagship Killer 2.0

This is basically a Pocophone F2 all but in name, with a pop up selfie cam, in screen FR, Snapdragon 855, loads of ram, huge battery, and so on so forth.

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
Realme announced their pop up camera phone earlier today in China. It's essentially a mid-range version of the OnePlus 7 Pro.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Realme announced their pop up camera phone earlier today in China. It's essentially a mid-range version of the OnePlus 7 Pro.

The only thing wrong with this phone is the ludicrous lack of an SD card slot, especially so when previous Realme's all have triple trays for dual sim and micro SD at the same time. And then you have the X Lite which is a more traditional phone, even with a Micro USB port. Its little cut corners like this that makes me hesitant in every buying one.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
If you're going to replace it, why not try factory resetting it? If I read your previous post correctly, you haven't done that because you can't run a backup?
So, about that, I actually found a way to back it up and factory reset it the other day, and it still doesn't work. Unfortunately I'm running out of time since I have a recruiter to speak to soon and need a working phone.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up the OP7Pro Nebula Blue 8/256 at a T-Mobile Popup event today. Swag is a little disappointing. Water, Popcorn, Stickers, Hat, Tote-bag and a pretty neat Sketch Book I'll probably never use. Guess I was hoping for a case at the very least for the phone. Store wasn't too crowded. They did however sell out of their headphones rather quickly I was told.