• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Fuck, I couldn't resist any longer. I had to order the damn OnePlus 7 Pro (blue, 256/8GB), because damn that phone is hot.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I like the changes on the Google keyboard. The dark gradient themes and easier accessibility of all options are an improvement to me.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty ready for the OnePlus 7 Pro. My 3XL runs like crap probably thanks to the 4 gigs of RAM, so it will be nice to have a phone with 8+ again. Still trying to decide between the 8 and 12gb ram variants.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty ready for the OnePlus 7 Pro. My 3XL runs like crap probably thanks to the 4 gigs of RAM, so it will be nice to have a phone with 8+ again. Still trying to decide between the 8 and 12gb ram variants.

Did you you see the news about how it's suspected that digital being may have been causing all of those pefromance issues?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I turned it off and it still has piss poor memory management. Apps have to keep reloading.

Yes, that wasn't going to change.

I think with phones like the One Plus 7 Pro and Galaxy S10 series, we're going to be set on phones for a while...

OnePlus 7 Pro is already pushing this trend but phones aren't going to look much better than this..

This is the Pinnacle of design for this phone form. I would just like to see a similar design in a 5 inch footprint and 6 inch footprint as it would benefitvmore people.

Fodables will have some work to do before I take them seriously.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think with phones like the One Plus 7 Pro and Galaxy S10 series, we're going to be set on phones for a while...

OnePlus 7 Pro is already pushing this trend but phones aren't going to look much better than this..

This is the Pinnacle of design for this phone form. I would just like to see a similar design in a 5 inch footprint and 6 inch footprint as it would benefitvmore people.

Yeah I can see this phone lasting me awhile. I don't see many improvements coming down the pipeline other than 5G

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017

Agreed. The only thing remaining to correct at this point, looks wise, is getting rid of the chin. But that's a minor thing that is barely anything.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Agreed. If Samsung's claims that their batteries only degrade like 5% after a year are still true (and they don't ruin performance/battery life with an update), I can see myself holding onto my S10e for a long time.

4G is more than good enough for what I use my phone for, so 5G isn't a bit plus for me. Foldables are neat, but not worth the risk for at least another few years.

Only thing I can see tempting me in the short term is if Apple ever beings back a fingerprint sensor to the iPhone (either a very reliable in-screen one, or side button sensor is fine like the S10e). I loved my XS Max (screen is the one of the best I've ever had), but there's just too many cases where the Face ID was a hassle.

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Google really needs to have OnePlus make their next Pixel but stick to the smaller size and leave the larger sizes to OnePlus and everyone else.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
The Zenfone 6 runs stock android w/ a 5000mAh battery:

$499

It's not even stock. It's close to stock

"ASUS's ZenUI 6 shares branding with its earlier software efforts ...

... So this isn't quite a pixel-for-pixel recreation of Google's Android UI, but it's extremely close."

"And as far as the interface goes, ASUS has pivoted hard towards stock Android. It's not quite Android One, but it's close enough "

It's even one of the bigger headlines in that article

"ASUS is shipping near stock Android, and plans to be one of the first to Android Q."

Otherwise, looks really good for the price. I wonder how the cameras are.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
For 500€ its easily the best option after the 1+7, if not better. I mean, stereo speakers, headphone jack, micro sd, Asus custom software for audiovisual, and a just right full screen is a hard combo to beat at that price. And camera samples this early are pretty damn grest.

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I just bought an iPhone SE last month, but that Motorola One Vision looks amazing. I wonder how games will play on that aspect ratio, though. I need my Marvel Future Fight fix.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
RIP to Samsung and Huawei pricing

EDIT: And Pixel 4 pricing as well

Last edited:

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Man, if it wasn't for lack of Verizon LTE band support and how much I've been loving Samsung Pay I'd actually be tempted to return my S10e to get that Asus instead. Killer phone for the price, there!

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7 Pro on the way. Went to T-Mobile to play around with it today also.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping Samsung and others drop their prices due to the ongoing competitive pricing wars from other companies

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017

(Seems Asia specific)

Doesn't want to pay for IP rating tho

(I like the OP7/OP7Pro just the stupid marketing gimmicks like the IP rating thingy hit a nerve)

linnus

Oct 25, 2017
Just switched to P30 Pro from the awful Razer Phone 2 and I'm in love with this phone. The battery is amazing. Also the night shot and the zoom on the camera really blew me away.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Just switched to P30 Pro from the awful Razer Phone 2 and I'm in love with this phone. The battery is amazing. Also the night shot and the zoom on the camera really blew me away.
That's awesome, what kind of screen on time are you getting? And where'd you get it?

I have a Pixel 3 right now and I'm considering jumping ship. The battery sucks, I've had hardware issues (this is my third phone), and the RAM issue is actually a thing. Camera is great... but it loads to a black screen half the time -- sigh.

My father-in-law has a P20 Pro and loves it. Wonder if the P30 Pro might work for me..... also thinking about maybe the Oneplus 7 Pro, though I heard it's huge.

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
Huawei emui is already garbage...now it will be straight dumpster fire without Google. Glad didn't get the p30 pro and I won't even bother with the mate x.

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017

10x lossless zoom is probably the most interesting innovation we've seen this year (aside from foldables). Other OEMs should take notice.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Can't reproduce the error on my Pixel 3a. Apart from a sometimes disappearing navigation bar and regular Android MMS failures, I haven't experienced any bugs with my device.
That's good. Perhaps a specific network configuration, a channel, or band?

Hopefully an easy software fix for those affected and not anything hardware related.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
The Pixel 3A I ordered better not have this issue. I won't have time to replace this for my overseas trip

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Does smart lock just never work on Android? It didn't really work on my s8, but I thought there were some s8 specific bugs involved. Finally got the One Plus 7 Pro. Set it up, it worked for a day, but now is already locking my phone at home which of course I had set up as a trusted place.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Does smart lock just never work on Android? It didn't really work on my s8, but I thought there were some s8 specific bugs involved. Finally got the One Plus 7 Pro. Set it up, it worked for a day, but now is already locking my phone at home which of course I had set up as a trusted place.

I'm in the same boat as you, having configured Smart Lock to recognize my home as a trusted place. It only works intermittently on my Pixel 3a as well.