• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Friend of mine for his as well, does your keyboard also have a gap between the bottom and the navigation buttons of the OS? He shared a screenshot with me, and there's a strange and large gap on his phone. Even with other keyboards.
Yeah, I just tested it. Changing the keyboard theme to black might help.
I didn't really noticed it since I switch to navigation gestures right away.

I didn't really mind losing the headphone jack, but yesterday my bros were asking me to buy some new earphones since I was at the mall.
Bruh moment when I couldn't test the earphones because I forgot my dongle in the car lmao.

Any good recommendation for a cheap wireless earbuds?

Oct 25, 2017
regardless of your feeling of the note 10's... this is legit the most exciting thing for samsung phones.

TLDR: the note 10+ (4300mah) barely beats the op7pro (4000mah) in charging speeds with its 25w pd charger (not the 45w you can optionally buy, or just use your usb-c laptop charger). heat generated is comparable. 0-95% in 1 hr is pretty sick for a phone that size. The difference is pretty stark compared to the note 9 also in this test.

Seems like samsung was overly conservative with 'fast charging' since the note 7, but at last they are caught up. Can't wait to see some 45w tests.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oh boy, my new phone came in! Bought the Lenovo Z6 lite on Aliexpress for 145€ and with customs it came out a little over 170. So far very good.
-Near stock Global Rom with Google services for nearly everything.
-Camera is fine despite what others say.
-Some poor optimization. I had to factory reset during the setup to get the phone display size down to a normal size cause the setting is hidden god knows where and now on small the notification tray with quick toggles has the text cut off. I can live with that I guess.
-Battery usage is excellent, drains very slowly.
-Speaker and Screen quality is top notch.

This is the little phone that can do anything the Redmi Note 7 can and better. Definitely recommended
Edit: Quick Toggles got fixed with DPI width at 380. Somethings are now bigger than others, but its absolutely fine. Camera App is crap though, thankfully it has a full Google API suite for the custom global rom with Google Camera installing from the APK with no root or tinkering. Gorgeous photos with Google Cam, but there is an issue where the camera api on the phone previews photos with a weird light filter, however in the default gallery it displays perfectly.
SD710 is a speedy ass chip and everything is smooth. No stutters and short load times.
Edit 2: Apparently factory reset is a magical upgrade button cause I have set up and reseted the phone 3 times today and each time a software kink was ironed out. Now the camera is working fine with no weird camera previews and its somewhat smoother with no weird software delays. Also had some issues with download speeds and now they are working fine, directly through the play store instead of the weird Download Manager that is built in ad a background process.
This is a strange new world for me but I love it. Preformance is excellent and the advertised HDR enabled screen is not marketing bullshit, proper 1080p+HDR videos on YT are all compatible and the Dolby Atmos support makes this for a VERY interesting tech demo phone. Very few instances will utilize the HDR but my friends were amazed by the screen and speaker combo for a 170€ phone.

Last edited:

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
Huawei is also entering that space. Ben did a video on the Honor Vision which has 6 built-in speakers, a pop-up camera and runs their HarmonyOS. It looked nice. Interested to see what OnePlus comes up with. Some fresh competition in that space would be welcome.

Meanwhile:

Pricing should start at 429 Euro for 6+64GB and 449 Euro for 6+128 GB.

Xiaomi CC9 is also getting a global release later this year.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
seems like poco brand is dead despite being succesful. I don't see where that fits now. They didn't even stick with K20 brand that is supposed to be K.O. and flagship killer. Everything is Mi now.

I have no idea what CC is supposed to be. Maybe it's A3 Pro.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
seems like poco brand is dead despite being succesful. I don't see where that fits now. They didn't even stick with K20 brand that is supposed to be K.O. and flagship killer. Everything is Mi now.

If and only if they release the CC9 in the west its gonna be the A3 Pro yeah. Crazy bastards could also pull a Redmi Note 6 Pro and release it as the Note 8, but I dunno if that would work cause of the Chinese Market. In any case, yeah Xiaomi missed the mark this year and its a damn shame, didn't even bother to use the Pro version of the Note 7 for the west which is what they usually used.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

did they make any money selling the pocophone?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Okay question. Is dolby atmos supported by any music player? Cause its interfering with Poweramp and Neutron whike fairing better feels slightly...off conpared to my old phone. And no, turning it off is not an option.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay question. Is dolby atmos supported by any music player? Cause its interfering with Poweramp and Neutron whike fairing better feels slightly...off conpared to my old phone. And no, turning it off is not an option.

In my experience with the Razer Phone 2, it's mostly a glorified sound EQ. Open the app and tweak it to your liking and turn off the EQ in the player if you don't want to turn it off. I don't think any music player "supports" it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
In my experience with the Razer Phone 2, it's mostly a glorified sound EQ. Open the app and tweak it to your liking and turn off the EQ in the player if you don't want to turn it off. I don't think any music player "supports" it.
Right that's what I figured. Spent a day and half finding the right G Cam settings for my phone, now I'm gonna have to find the right sound. Play Music is EQ free which is likely why it sounds the best so far, it has to be Atmos and the app essentially filtering the Mp3 twice where in lies the issue. First time I have to really tinker with a phone and its kinda exciting to be honest.

Mar 3, 2018
So I have an iPhone 7 Plus and I was hoping I could keep it until end of next year but I keep running out of storage since it's 32gb only yesterday a few pixels in my screen died so it's time to replace. I have used android before so I want to use one of the new s10 models due to the full screen display. Local mobile store here in Toronto offered me $300 Canadian for my 7 plus as credit and they have a s10E sealed brand new for $600 no tax I can pick up.

It seems like a solid deal. I just wasn't sure if the s10 is a better buy over the s10E. I'm mainly gonna use it for Facebook, YouTube, emails and listening to music. My only concern is updates; how has Samsung been regarding rolling them out?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
So I have an iPhone 7 Plus and I was hoping I could keep it until end of next year but I keep running out of storage since it's 32gb only yesterday a few pixels in my screen died so it's time to replace. I have used android before so I want to use one of the new s10 models due to the full screen display. Local mobile store here in Toronto offered me $300 Canadian for my 7 plus as credit and they have a s10E sealed brand new for $600 no tax I can pick up.

It seems like a solid deal. I just wasn't sure if the s10 is a better buy over the s10E. I'm mainly gonna use it for Facebook, YouTube, emails and listening to music. My only concern is updates; how has Samsung been regarding rolling them out?
If those are your concerns, the S10E is a solid option.

The one thing you really lose vs the S10 is the zoom camera and a 1440p res, but unless you care for those, the S10E will do what you need.

The S10E does not have a curved screen, some consider that a plus.

Samsung is still updating the S8 variants, so they should update the S10 variants for 3 years.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
finally got the night mode and QR mode up to date as of 8/19/2019. Crazy that this still only on security patch from July....

Mar 3, 2018
If those are your concerns, the S10E is a solid option.

The one thing you really lose vs the S10 is the zoom camera and a 1440p res, but unless you care for those, the S10E will do what you need.

The S10E does not have a curved screen, some consider that a plus.

Samsung is still updating the S8 variants, so they should update the S10 variants for 3 years.

Well, I got the s10E.

I love it. The screen, fast charging and overall size of the phone is perfect.

I forgot that I didn't like the Android navigation buttons and preferred gestures, so it was nice to see that I could turn them off fully and use gestures only.

Very happy with the purchase.

Mar 3, 2018
Sorry for the double post..

So is Apple music on Android bad? Since I am coming from an iPhone I always used Apple music. Downloaded it on my s10E and it feels somewhat choppy and buggy. Album artwork for some stuff doesn't fully show, and just using some functionalities it feels jittery. Am I better off sticking to Spotify on Android?

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you are gonna order the note 10/note 10+ or other phones you can get 10% off with this code ref-qdszn2 . Just apply at checkout

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Hi everyone, do someone have problems with Google Play Service version 18.3.85? It has a 25% of battery usage on my phone. Now I am in vacation and my OnePlus 7 Pro has still 50% of battery after 2 days from the last charge, but I only have 2 hours of SOT, so I am fearing that next week it could be a problem.
I read online that maybe it is a bug, but do you have any more information?

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone, do someone have problems with Google Play Service version 18.3.85? It has a 25% of battery usage on my phone. Now I am in vacation and my OnePlus 7 Pro has still 50% of battery after 2 days from the last charge, but I only have 2 hours of SOT, so I am fearing that next week it could be a problem.
I read online that maybe it is a bug, but do you have any more information?

welcome to android.

feel like play service or some google service is always funky every few months.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
iOS looks better every day

With Samsung giving up on the 3.5mm jack, there is nothing to lose now.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot about the Zenphone 6. Asus seemed to do really well with this product based off of the reviews

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
After buying the Lenovo Z6 Lite with a half baked global rom cause I can have a SD710 along with multiple topnshelf midrange features at a dirt cheap price, of course Redmi will come out of nowhere with the Note 8 Line only 7 months after the RN7. I mean its shaping up to be one hell of a phone for a sub 300 price.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Ios still is just ios. Really annoying that iPad gets all the multi window split screen goodies.
Eh, I just hate using that OS. Wish I could have a better work phone.
Ironically, after using an iPhone X for a year and a half, I'm jumping back in with the Note 10+. Airpods made me forget about the headphone jack and getting free Galaxy Buds is nice.
I forgot the /s

:P

Last edited:

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Update: So I cancelled my current Samsung S10e and went with the white one and my order will be here Monday. I will also buy a wireless charger, case, and screen protector off Amazon.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Since this would benefit me for my work computer, I think I'm going to pick up a 61watt PD charger.

Wondering what the difference in charging speed would be between quick charge 2.0 and this

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Curious, for anyone that did a trade in of the Pixel 2 to get a Pixel 3 with Google's store, how much was taken off of the Pixel 3 purchase? Did getting the 2 year accidental damage warranty from them improve the trade in price?

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Shame one of those holes isn't for headphones
This

Edit. I'm gonna ask this here because I don't know what is the proper channel.
There's something that is trying to redirect me to another site when I'm browsing Era and only Era. Is it a known issue? What can I do?

Last edited:

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good Android tablets anymore?

I had the Nexus 7 back when that was top of the line, then I had one built by Asus that did really well, but my dog decided to crack that table's screen (no, I'm not really sure how, either) and the battery life has been steadily decreasing. I'd like to replace it and stick within the android ecosystem that I use for games, so going to an iPad would be...less than ideal.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good Android tablets anymore?

I had the Nexus 7 back when that was top of the line, then I had one built by Asus that did really well, but my dog decided to crack that table's screen (no, I'm not really sure how, either) and the battery life has been steadily decreasing. I'd like to replace it and stick within the android ecosystem that I use for games, so going to an iPad would be...less than ideal.
I've heard good things about the Samsung tab s5e I think it is. The 6 is also about to come out if not already. Don't really follow tablets much.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Circle Cutouts are becoming a trend again, huh. I wonder if anyone or Motorola will bring back the flash ring. That was minimalism at its peak:
motorola-nexus-6-1.jpg