• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
How's everyone's battery life been on the note 10 plus? I'm coming from an XR and it's been middling. I've not been on Android forever but how long does it usually take to stabilize after getting a new one with all the downloads, updates, etc?

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Decided to say fuck it and upgrade.

Went from a LG V30 to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.

Yeah...I already miss my headphone jack. But fuck me this phone is huge and slick.

Daxter01

Nov 3, 2017
Guys help, my galaxy s9+ power and Bixby button are getting loose does replacing them destroys the phone IP 68 feature?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
México
I know here in the forum most people are Americans, and I know how afraid/paranoid Americans are about China. Well, I sold my OnePlus 5T last Thursday and I purchased a Mi 9T on Amazon for $290 (from a seller who doesn't charge taxes).

This is an absolutely amazing beautiful phone. This is the first time using MIUI, and I'm using the latest version (10) and it is extremely well done and polished. No bloatware at all. It has too many functions, but it is great. I was getting bored of stockish Android versions. Also, surprisingly, Xiaomi updates their phones for a long time.

The phone feels really premium, good materials (aluminium and glass) and the design is beautiful (the black one... I think the red/blue ones look tacky).

Screen is beautiful and sharp, colors are quite good and color representation is accurate, view angles are good and has good maximum brightness for outside visibility, and the no notch thing is a dream. It's a Super AMOLED with HDR10 and DCI-P3 complaint, and it has Gorilla Glass 5. The in-screen fingerprint reader works perfectly.

cameras are better than expected, good color reproduction, great detail, versatility is there, and has good dynamic range. Performance is amazing, if you don't play super demanding games you won't tell the difference between the 730 and the 855.

Speaker quality is decent, not the best, but better than expected and gets quite loud. headphone jack sound is really good.

Battery life is superb and charging is very quick. I'm getting between 7 and a half and 9 hours of screen on time depending on the usage. It has a massive 4000mAh battery.

Oct 25, 2017
How's everyone's battery life been on the note 10 plus? I'm coming from an XR and it's been middling. I've not been on Android forever but how long does it usually take to stabilize after getting a new one with all the downloads, updates, etc?

It's a samsung. Don't expect miracles in battery life, especially coming from a XR. Battery life should stabilize after a day or 2.

miner's been ok so far, but it's definitely not as great at idle drain as my OP 7 pro.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Really considering trading in my S9+ for the Note 10+ cause I can get $600 for the S9+.

Anyone else do the same? I really want the stylus as it'd make photo editing so much easier for me

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Thinking about getting the Asus Zenfone 6 (although looks like there's a big wait right now), although I've read it doesn't have all the LTE bands for the U.S. How do you tell if the missing bands will affect coverage where you are?

catashtrophe

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I know here in the forum most people are Americans, and I know how afraid/paranoid Americans are about China. Well, I sold my OnePlus 5T last Thursday and I purchased a Mi 9T on Amazon for $290 (from a seller who doesn't charge taxes).

This is an absolutely amazing beautiful phone. This is the first time using MIUI, and I'm using the latest version (10) and it is extremely well done and polished. No bloatware at all. It has too many functions, but it is great. I was getting bored of stockish Android versions. Also, surprisingly, Xiaomi updates their phones for a long time.

The phone feels really premium, good materials (aluminium and glass) and the design is beautiful (the black one... I think the red/blue ones look tacky).

Screen is beautiful and sharp, colors are quite good and color representation is accurate, view angles are good and has good maximum brightness for outside visibility, and the no notch thing is a dream. It's a Super AMOLED with HDR10 and DCI-P3 complaint, and it has Gorilla Glass 5. The in-screen fingerprint reader works perfectly.

cameras are better than expected, good color reproduction, great detail, versatility is there, and has good dynamic range. Performance is amazing, if you don't play super demanding games you won't tell the difference between the 730 and the 855.

Speaker quality is decent, not the best, but better than expected and gets quite loud. headphone jack sound is really good.

Battery life is superb and charging is very quick. I'm getting between 7 and a half and 9 hours of screen on time depending on the usage. It has a massive 4000mAh battery.

I got rid of my OnePlus 3 and got myself the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 and it's incredible.

I missed the app draw so installed the pocofone launcher which is great so give that a whirl to see what you think.

But Xiaomi are unbeatable for what you get at there prices

Oct 25, 2017
México
I got rid of my OnePlus 3 and got myself the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 and it's incredible.

I missed the app draw so installed the pocofone launcher which is great so give that a whirl to see what you think.

But Xiaomi are unbeatable for what you get at there prices
Yeah, I already created a thread about the phone (and it is already filled with tons of haters and Apple fanboys).

www.resetera.com

You don't need to spend a lot of money to get a flagship quality phone (Mi 9T)

I'm a user who comes from a few years of using flagship Android phones, mostly getting last years flagships for the price of new midrange phones. My last phone, before switching to Mi 9T was a Galaxy Note 8, and before that I had a OnePlus 5T. So fair to say I’ve gotten used to the flagship look...

I did that. I installed the Poco Launcher, but good news is, an app drawer is already included in the system in the latest beta. So, I guess it will come as a system setting when MIUI 11 launches in September. Can't wait!

Oct 25, 2017
México

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
Vivo has released the first promotional teaser for the Vivo NEX 3:

Vivo NEX 3 will be one of the first devices using a curved waterfall display with a 99.6% screen-to-body ratio and dual pop-up camera. It will feature a 4,500mAh battery and likely support the company's 44W Super FlashCharge technology. Expect the usual flagship specs, including a 90 hz display, 5G support and a 3.5mm headphone jack on all models. No quad camera though, but that's coming on the Vivo V17 Pro. OnePlus won't have it either.

Vivo has started their expansion outside of its core Asian markets, launching in Ukraine, UAE, Australia and parts of Africa over the last two-three months. They will be opening up a European base in Germany (Düsseldorf) later this year.

Edit: some proper first look videos of the Vivo NEX 3

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oct 25, 2017
Charging cables haven't been sitting right in my pixel 2 xl for a while now, but all I could see was a little dirt inside at the bottom. This week I finally had enough of the cable falling out of the port with the slightest touch, so I took a small plastic cable tie to agitate and pull the dirt out. Must have been about 2mm of lint, dust and whatever else packed in really tight, absolutely loads came out. Cable now sitting properly inside again.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
So, anyone want to take any guesses as to who the A90 from Samsung is catering to? Cause its basically an S10 5G with no headphone jack. Speaking of Samsung it sucks the M-Series is only sold in india, the upcoming M30s is a beast for its price range. Near SD710 performance, triple cam with a 48MP main shooter, 6gigs of ram, and a huge ass 6000mAh battery.

Oct 25, 2017
México
So, anyone want to take any guesses as to who the A90 from Samsung is catering to? Cause its basically an S10 5G with no headphone jack. Speaking of Samsung it sucks the M-Series is only sold in india, the upcoming M30s is a beast for its price range. Near SD710 performance, triple cam with a 48MP main shooter, 6gigs of ram, and a huge ass 6000mAh battery.
The M series is also sold here in Mexico. The first M30 was released here on March 2019 I believe, and it had a massive 5000 mAh battery and even had an AMOLED display. It had a great value for the money... it was around $250 USD.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The M series is also sold here in Mexico. The first M30 was released here on March 2019 I believe, and it had a massive 5000 mAh battery and even had an AMOLED display. It had a great value for the money... it was around $250 USD.
Ah didn't know that, I gjess its sold in all emerging markets. Damn shame its not sold in Europe, it would habe spld a decent amount.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Evan Blass tweeted that the Galaxy Fold is out on the 27th this month. He's private so I can't post his tweet here.

Fucking finally, been waiting to upgrade from my S8+.

Elija2

Oct 26, 2017
I briefly ran into a weird bug with the new Android 10 update where my recent apps screen showed the search bar and app suggestions that are exclusive to the Pixel Launcher even though I'm using a different launcher. I think it started after I briefly tried out the new gesture navigation before switching back to the old 3-button navigation. It was essentially loading the Pixel Launcher every time I pressed the recent apps button, which introduced a noticeable delay. To fix the issue I had to go into my phone's settings and set my third-party launcher to be the default launcher app (which for some reason it wasn't already set to even though pressing the home button always brought me back to it).

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I briefly ran into a weird bug with the new Android 10 update where my recent apps screen showed the search bar and app suggestions that are exclusive to the Pixel Launcher even though I'm using a different launcher. I think it started after I briefly tried out the new gesture navigation before switching back to the old 3-button navigation. It was essentially loading the Pixel Launcher every time I pressed the recent apps button, which introduced a noticeable delay. To fix the issue I had to go into my phone's settings and set my third-party launcher to be the default launcher app (which for some reason it wasn't already set to even though pressing the home button always brought me back to it).

Android 10 doesn't support using third party launchers and the new gesture navigation option simultaneously. Possibly that's what triggered the odd state on your phone.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure everyone who buys a 1+ TV will be glad to give all the data that can be harvested to a nameless server in China.

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
So samsung has no headphone jack now? I think for my next phone I'm going back to apple. Samsung has done nothing more than regressing their phones. Holes in the screen, no touch button on the back, and now no headphone jack.

Every update my phone has received has only removed functionallity. No full screen button, can't zoom with the zoom button and then swipe from the bottom to bring up the menu, can't go fullscreen at all if I use the zoom button. No longer able to press a button to answer calls, needs to swipe.

What's next? Removing the back button? Not be able to lock screen orientation? Only swipe gestures?

That reminds me, I have a question about the android 10 update. Can you still fully lock the screen orientation in apps like youtube and twitch? Right now I can fully lock the screen by first having it in portrait mode, pressing the button to unlock screen rotation, rotate the screen to landscape mode, and then lock screen rotation again. Now the screen is fully locked and won't rotate if I turn it upside down.

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, I have been umming and arring about the OnePlus 7 Pro and now they start talking about 7T haha. Damn.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I have been umming and arring about the OnePlus 7 Pro and now they start talking about 7T haha. Damn.
I waited to see if they would come up with a 7T Pro, so I'm glad I did.

I end up using phones over years, so I'm not a regular updater (I still have a Huawei Mate 9 from 2017), so I want to buy a phone that will last a few years.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I waited to see if they would come up with a 7T Pro, so I'm glad I did.

I end up using phones over years, so I'm not a regular updater (I still have a Huawei Mate 9 from 2017), so I want to buy a phone that will last a few years.
Agreed. I am a slow upgrader. I still have my working 3T and I am happy enough. Will wait till I hear some solid 7T stuff and then go from there. The 7Pro does seem like a solid unit but I am interested to see what price the 7T comes in at also if O2 (UK) will stock it. Kinda the only reason I did not get the Pro at launch was O2 not doing it, so I would have to change provider.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Have any of you used the CamScanner app? I had it installed, but I never actually opened/used it.

CamScanner recently had to leave the Play Store after security researchers found that it distributed malware between June and July this year. Today, its developer released a statement saying that it fell victim to an advertisement SDK provided by AdHub that loaded the malicious module into its product. It has since cut ties with the network and removed the malware.

The security experts identified the malware in question as a Trojan Dropper, a software that's sometimes found pre-installed on Chinese phones. It executes files from an encrypted part of an app's APK, running malware that in turn downloads additional modules. In CamScanner's case, these could display intrusive ads all around the phone and sign up users for paid subscriptions without their knowledge.

Are there any Chinese brands phones that have been exposed for this?