• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
ok, the camera is cute.

kbZ2W73.png

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where else to ask this but I need help finding a reliable replacement battery for a Galaxy S5. All the ones on Amazon and Newegg and other sites all have negative reviews mentioning that in the best cases, it lasted for a few months before being worse than the old battery and at worst, quickly bulged out so bad that it broke the screen on their phone.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting to see if they can impress me enough to get the Pixel 4, but I'm really not into any of the new features that have been put out so far. Lack of rear fingerprint and no 5G are real bummers, too.

I may get a 3xl and hold out for the pixel 5.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
New iPhones really don't have reverse wireless charging huh. That would have been an Apple kind of addition with their Airpods. Surprised they didn't do anything there.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
A looot of Pixel 4 XL hands ons are shadow dropping today for some reason...iphone

Camera images here: https://9to5google.com/2019/09/11/pixel-4-camera-samples-leak/

Also, the black is glossy while the orange and white models have matte backs

The panda look always gets me. That's what I'm all about - I really like everything except the front. It's just bland, but I feel in use it won't be as terrible.

I also see they've finally bumped up RAM so it's at least 6GB on the XL4 w/ 128GB of storage. Then 90hz screen and more capable cameras.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6gb of ram and that build quality is pathetic for a phone that's probably going to cost $1,000 for the XL version

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
This ASUS ROG II phone came out of nowhere. Wtf at the specs - that's insane...

Even though I've vowed to not get a new phone for like 3+ years, I'm going to mad tempted if Samsung ends up having a phone with:

- bigger/better battery life (S10 is only already compared to past phones for me)
- 120hz 1440P OLED
- 5x/10x zoom camera
- faster fingerprint scanner (very minor - I'm fine with this one)
- UFS 3.0

My S10's performance is outstanding and the audio is great so I don't care about the next snapdragon performance improvements that much. Just need to be more efficient.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Nothing to put me off going with a pixel 4 yet when my current contract ends in February.

Same

My feelings about the Pixel 2 (that I currently own/use) are really weird - I've not had a phone i am this unenthusiastic about in a while (the screen is small and low res, and after nearly 2 years the battery life is dreadful), and yet the camera, google photos, and stock Android + day one updates have got me 100% convinced that I will end up getting a Pixel 4, even if it ends up being quite expensive

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
Same

My feelings about the Pixel 2 (that I currently own/use) are really weird - I've not had a phone i am this unenthusiastic about in a while (the screen is small and low res, and after nearly 2 years the battery life is dreadful), and yet the camera, google photos, and stock Android + day one updates have got me 100% convinced that I will end up getting a Pixel 4, even if it ends up being quite expensive
My pixel 2 is absolutely fucked too. Pretty sure Spotify is making the battery tank, the phone will switch off by itself on its own whim at 90% battery. I currently have an RMA with Google to get a replacement.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
My pixel 2 is absolutely fucked too. Pretty sure Spotify is making the battery tank, the phone will switch off by itself on its own whim at 90% battery. I currently have an RMA with Google to get a replacement.

I have just killed mine by fast charging it too often (I think anyway)

On my next phone I am only ever going to use fast charge when its really necessary

Oct 25, 2017
Same

Reading your thoughts makes me happy that I went for the 2XL. What swayed me at the time was the larger capacity battery, which I wagered would prove far better even with a higher resolution screen to push. 18 months or so onwards it's the best phone I've ever owned- I've had literally two crashes, the performance is still great, the screen is pleasant to look at, etc. Plus everything you've described in terms of the OS and software/cloud integration. In fact on Android 10 and with other previous feature updates such as night sight it keeps getting better. Plus with about 2/3rds brightness my phone usually gets about 5-6.5 hours of SOT, and I can trust the battery to last all day.

The only aspect in which it shows its age is the ram- apps refresh more than I'd like to see, but it's not enough to prove frustrating.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Does anyone have experience with Google changing Batteries (in Europe, if possible?)? We have 2 Pixels (the first) and they could really use a new battery. Any idea on price and time it would take?

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I bought my sister an S10e and I've been using it for now. Man, the size and weight feels amazing.

It feels sluggish since I'm using a OP7Pro. But if samsung or oneplus releases a phone of this size with 90 or 120hz display, I'd get that inna heartbeat.

I'd never get a pixel though, I can't go back with an ugly notch or huge top bezel.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
anyone help with a problem i've got? recently i upgraded from a galaxy tab 10.1 (2015?) to a galaxy tab a 10.1 (2019) i think i've gone from android version 4 or 5 to 9 and i'm not sure if there's a way to re-enable this at all but basically, i share the tablet with someone else and usually each of our apps are on a separate screen along side the home screen and the apps are set to hidden so they didn't show up in the main app screen but with either this tablet or version of android if i hit hide on the app it disappears from elsewhere too

i've tried looking online but all i can find are guides on how to hide apps completely and nothing of this problem

Oct 25, 2017
I bought my sister an S10e and I've been using it for now. Man, the size and weight feels amazing.

It feels sluggish since I'm using a OP7Pro. But if samsung or oneplus releases a phone of this size with 90 or 120hz display, I'd get that inna heartbeat.

I'd never get a pixel though, I can't go back with an ugly notch or huge top bezel.

feels like s11 might do that. The issue is the battery drain. Samsung's rom has never been the lightest to begin with.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck Zen Mode and fuck OnrPlus. Glad they took away the headphone jack, might have been tempted to continue buying their shit

Elija2

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know a good audio player app that supports dynamic range compression? I basically just want an app that can raise the minimum loudness of music without also raising the maximum loudness so that I can hear the quieter parts while driving or in other noisy environments. The app that I usually use, Poweramp, doesn't have this feature. The only app I know of that does is Neutron, but that app is lacking in other ways so I'd like to know if there are other alternatives.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any chromebooks that these Nintendo android games can be installed on?

I have the pixelbook, which has a 64bit CPU but that Pokemon Masters game doesn't appear in the playstore and trying to install from the play store website or an APK doesn't work.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It isn't optional on my phone. And you can't turn the notifications off. Guess this was the motivation I needed to finally root and fix this and all the other issues like not getting gmail notifications that are only there because OP is stupid.
I don't think it forces you to use it. You can disable it's notifications if you long press on the app and choose notifications. I don't think you have to root to turn them off. You can also turn off the oneplus battery mode that prevents receiving gmail notifications I believe.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it forces you to use it. You can disable it's notifications if you long press on the app and choose notifications. I don't think you have to root to turn them off. You can also turn off the oneplus battery mode that prevents receiving gmail notifications I believe.
I can't find any of that stuff in my settings, maybe they work on newer phones and not on my OP5T. Long pressing and going to notifications just shows that I can't turn these notifications off, and Gmail doesn't even show up in the battery optimization area.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
My s10+ battery is dogshit now compared to earlier this year, ffs

I had better battery overall from my S9+ and S7 edge (this gave me this best battery life ever except for the Xperia Compact Z2 I owned).

I think it's been a little better ever since the camera August security update. I should note though that I have not turned on the auto optimization feature. This might make a difference.

I may do a factory reset by year end just to make everything fresh just to see if there's any difference.

For today I'm hitting 5 hours and 15 mins of screen on time with 20% left...

Better than what I've doing before on average.

If they are going to go for a higher refresh rate on the next phone, they really need to focus on battery tech and software optimization. I'd like to see a bump to 4000mah. I don't like that they kept this at 3400mah for the regular S10.

Kaiyo

Oct 25, 2017
anyone help with a problem i've got? recently i upgraded from a galaxy tab 10.1 (2015?) to a galaxy tab a 10.1 (2019) i think i've gone from android version 4 or 5 to 9 and i'm not sure if there's a way to re-enable this at all but basically, i share the tablet with someone else and usually each of our apps are on a separate screen along side the home screen and the apps are set to hidden so they didn't show up in the main app screen but with either this tablet or version of android if i hit hide on the app it disappears from elsewhere too

i've tried looking online but all i can find are guides on how to hide apps completely and nothing of this problem
Why not make 2 user accounts?

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Periodic reminder to pick out the lint and dirt out of the bottom of the USB-C port of your phone with a fine needle if the charger won't connect with a "click", falls out of place or only charges in a specific side and/or position.

Oct 25, 2017
man. fold's are selling like hotcakes in korea. resellers are selling them for like $5k in hong kong lol.

maybe there is a demand?

chrome_2019-09-16_15-26-29.png

also spicy rumor of samsung flagship lineup restructuring.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
So Oct 15 is the date for the Made by Google event for the Pixel and...

Also got Pie on my TabS3, Running like butter so far. Better than before surprisingly!

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
man. fold's are selling like hotcakes in korea. resellers are selling them for like $5k in hong kong lol.

maybe there is a demand?
Samsung ended up cancelling the release in a lot of countries, not even selling them online or in their own 'experience' stores.

Galaxy Fold is launching tomorrow in the UK, France and Germany. So we should be getting some proper user impressions soon.

Last edited: