• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
beware the s10 battery life is apparently not great. also the s10+ is about the size of the 5t actually in terms of overall size. The screen is just bigger because of less bezels.

Used s10+ prices are pretty good!

I know the s10+ is the same size. But don't really want an even bigger screen.
That's why I was looking into the S10. It is smaller overall, but the screen is the same size.

Oct 25, 2017
I know the s10+ is the same size. But don't really want an even bigger screen.
That's why I was looking into the S10. It is smaller overall, but the screen is the same size.

well those are cheaper too on the used market!

Maybe give a s10e a look too if you don't wanna mess with the curved screens.

I know ppl have mixed feelings about those. a bitch to find a decent glass screen protector. Also it got a normal fp sensor on the side and not the iffy supersonic inscreen ones.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Hi. I've just bought the Huwaei mate 20 pro, mostly for the 40 mpix camera but I've seen the xiaomi mi 9t pro has a 48mpix camera. Would anyone be able to say which is the better camera? Thanks

Oct 26, 2017
Hi. I've just bought the Huwaei mate 20 pro, mostly for the 40 mpix camera but I've seen the xiaomi mi 9t pro has a 48mpix camera. Would anyone be able to say which is the better camera? Thanks
DXOMark is a website that does in-depth reviews on smartphone cameras. I would recommend actually reading the written portions and not just focusing on the numbers.

They don't have the Mi 9T but do have the regular 9 here. The Mate 20 Pro review is here. Also higher MP numbers don't automatically mean better photos.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
DXOMark is a website that does in-depth reviews on smartphone cameras. I would recommend actually reading the written portions and not just focusing on the numbers.

They don't have the Mi 9T but do have the regular 9 here. The Mate 20 Pro review is here. Also higher MP numbers don't automatically mean better photos.
I'll have a read. Thanks. I've not heard of that website before.

Some great info on there. The Mate 20 Pro just about nicks it but I was able to get it for £250 new this weekend, so the increased storage and screen resolution are enough for me to be happy with the phone.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Changed my Note 10+'s minimum dpi via developer settings and idk if I like the smaller UI. But fitting a lot more information on a gigantic screen is pretty great though.

Anyone else do this before?

i do this on all phones. 484 width is just my size i like on all phones. Think its the lowest tick on pixels/nexus.

Samsung always have humongous ui options even on the smallest.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I swear the Google swipe keyboard isn't as accurate anymore. Maybe I'm just imagining it but I've gotten way more misspelled words lately.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
So about Android 10, I actually like the gesture controls more than I thought I would, but there are some very annoying bugs. YouTube PiP, for instance, does not work with gesture controls on the 7Pro. Everytime I swipe up to go home or view recents, I get background audio, but no YouTube notification or PiP like you'd get with the three button navigation. Long pressing the recent apps button to trigger split screen is completely broken for me as well. But the worst thing is battery life had taken a noticeable hit. I'm not sure if this is on Android 10 (Google), OnePlus, or both. While I would regularly get 7 of 8 hours of SoT on Pie, I get 6 hours on Android 10.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
i do this on all phones. 484 width is just my size i like on all phones. Think its the lowest tick on pixels/nexus.

Samsung always have humongous ui options even on the smallest.
Changed my Note 10+'s minimum dpi via developer settings and idk if I like the smaller UI. But fitting a lot more information on a gigantic screen is pretty great though.

Anyone else do this before?
How have I just found out this is possible?!

Looks much better!

Oct 25, 2017
on a slightly related note. I got lucky and snagged one of those m3 pixel slate/keyboard combos for $298 during that best buy pricing error.

Pretty damn nice little chromebook tablet thing. Android apps are still ass on here, but as a laptop, and media consumption device its pretty great.

Think its the only tablet that can toggle 4k in youtube lol.

A nice little device to have around the house.

FLX-II

Gargantuan Generousness Guaranteed
Oct 28, 2017
Recently bought an S10+ but I'm just not feeling it, I feel like selling it and getting myself the Oneplus 7T Pro once it comes out. Anyone here with a Oneplus device? Are you happy with the performance and all the customization you can do with it?

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Recently bought an S10+ but I'm just not feeling it, I feel like selling it and getting myself the Oneplus 7T Pro once it comes out. Anyone here with a Oneplus device? Are you happy with the performance and all the customization you can do with it?
I've had a OnePlus 6t (8/128) for a year now and the performance is the same as the day I got it. The Oxygen OS is snappy and highly customizable. I can't imagine how much better the OnePlus 7T Pro will be with UFS 3.0 and SD 855+. Plus the 90hz screen it's smoother than anything out there. And I bet it will still be cheaper than the S10+.

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Are you in the US? The 7T Pro isn't slated to come to the states.

FLX-II

Gargantuan Generousness Guaranteed
Oct 28, 2017
Are you in the US? The 7T Pro isn't slated to come to the states.
No, I'm from the EU. - it's a shame tho, I've always had Samsungs. S6, S7, S8, but it died last month, so since I'm used to the Samsung ecosystem I went for the S10+. But I'm somehow not really feeling it. The lack of custom-related stuff you can do with it compared to the older versions is another letdown. So I feel I'm ready for an entirely different Android phone, and the Oneplus phones seem quite interesting! Now I just need to find someone who wants to buy this one.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019

6T owner here. Very happy. Camera is not amazing, but phone is still performing amazingly well.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Yes, and yes.

To be fair, I don't customize much. I prefer the stock experience. This just happens to be Stock+. Pretty much everything they added is an upgrade, so yeah, I'm good.

The camera is good. Better with gcam, but certainly not as good as the big 3 flagships, but that's the only thing you'll lose out on.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What would be a good way to get the 7T pro for a north american? Not a fan of the mclaren edition and not sure it will be available in my country anyway.

The 7t pro looks like the phone for me, but getting locked out of buying it makes me sore.

Oct 25, 2017
What would be a good way to get the 7T pro for a north american? Not a fan of the mclaren edition and not sure it will be available in my country anyway.

The 7t pro looks like the phone for me, but getting locked out of buying it makes me sore.

whats so bad about the 7 pro? You can find them for $600 or less used. Seems like really the only spec bump is the 10% faster processor, and 20% faster warp charge.

7 -> 7T definitely seems like the larger jump.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
My Pixel is behaving weirdly, it drains battery much faster when its under 20 (I use battery saver 100% of the time) and when I put it to charge it goes very quickly from wharever kt had to 50 or 60%. My battery could just be getting bad but after using so many Bera versions I am afraid it might be just some bug... Considering resetting the device but I am really lazy to install all apps and log in in most of them, specialky with the possibility that my battery wont get any better.

On a side and more serious note, my GF's Pixel started turning off randomly when it is under 25% (happened around 22, around 17, around 13...). Sometimes you can turn it on and sometimes it will just behave as if the battery was empty.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My Pixel is behaving weirdly, it drains battery much faster when its under 20 (I use battery saver 100% of the time) and when I put it to charge it goes very quickly from wharever kt had to 50 or 60%. My battery could just be getting bad but after using so many Bera versions I am afraid it might be just some bug... Considering resetting the device but I am really lazy to install all apps and log in in most of them, specialky with the possibility that my battery wont get any better.

On a side and more serious note, my GF's Pixel started turning off randomly when it is under 25% (happened around 22, around 17, around 13...). Sometimes you can turn it on and sometimes it will just behave as if the battery was empty.

Batteries degrade with age. Either replace the battery or replace the device.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still pissed that they broke the fucking OFFICIAL Pixel Stand with the Android 10 update.... I fucking hate Google sometimes...

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
samsung rumored to be releasing a cheaper Note 10e model. guess is it'll have a a flat screen and no 3rd tele cam. hopefully the screen is better than 1080p and comes with a microSD slot.

David Kjellson

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I encountered a problem this morning that is driving me insane. I have two keyboard languages on my OnePlus: Swedish and English, but when I write in Swedish the phone thinks I'm writing in English. If I write a letter I get words in English in recommendations, and it doesn't autocorrect misspelled words to Swedish, and autocorrects similar words to English. I have looked at the language settings, and it looks like it should do. Has this happened to anyone here?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So technically it still charges the phone which is the main feature of course but:

1-It doesn't "charge rapidely" anymore
2-The "always on" feature that would show the time, weather and notifications on the screen when docked even when the screen is turned off doesn't work anymore. Instead the screen will flash from that state with some info to completely off every few seconds
3-The screen doesn't turn on automatically anymore when you pick it up from the dock

None of those features are super major but that's still an official accessory made by Google and released with the Pixel 3 that still costs around 100$ to buy...

The only workaround is to turn off the Pixel Stand app on your phone and then, at that point, the phone will still charge when put on it but the screen just stays completely black.

They broke their own app with the update to 10 and they don't seem to be bothered to ever fix it (it's been radio silence from them in the threads about it in the support forums).

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So technically it still charges the phone which is the main feature of course but:

1-It doesn't "charge rapidely" anymore
2-The "always on" feature that would show the time, weather and notifications on the screen when docked even when the screen is turned off doesn't work anymore. Instead the screen will flash from that state with some info to completely off every few seconds
3-The screen doesn't turn on automatically anymore when you pick it up from the dock

None of those features are super major but that's still an official accessory made by Google and released with the Pixel 3 that still costs around 100$ to buy...

The only workaround is to turn off the Pixel Stand app on your phone and then, at that point, the phone will still charge when put on it but the screen just stays completely black.

They broke their own app with the update to 10 and they don't seem to be bothered to ever fix it (it's been radio silence from them in the threads about it in the support forums).

Hopefully it gets fixed for you, but man, another product Google just drops support for if they're not going to fix this...

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I encountered a problem this morning that is driving me insane. I have two keyboard languages on my OnePlus: Swedish and English, but when I write in Swedish the phone thinks I'm writing in English. If I write a letter I get words in English in recommendations, and it doesn't autocorrect misspelled words to Swedish, and autocorrects similar words to English. I have looked at the language settings, and it looks like it should do. Has this happened to anyone here?
That happens because you've probably written in one language while using the keyboard for the other language.

You have to delete whatever data it saves to customize it for you.

Oct 25, 2017
i want that surface phone aka 2 ipad mini's stuck together.

seems like the best thing we can get until corning perfects their folding glass tech.

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
Realme has been dropping some details about their upcoming flagship: Realme X2 Pro.

Snapdragon 855+, 90Hz display with teardrop notch, 50W SuperVOOC Flash Charge, Quad camera setup with 20x hybrid zoom.

No details about the price yet, but this will be going up against the Mi 9T Pro (Redmi K20 Pro). So somewhere between €450-550 should be a given.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Higher refresh is becoming a thing everywhere. God bless you phone makers. You took your time.

Oct 27, 2017
This OP8 leak is weird. I don't understand what OP is doing here. Going from the OP7Pro > OP7T > OP8. The design is all over the place and super inconsistent. It really feels now that their phones are just whatever handmedowns they got from their Oppo bigger siblings. Or are they creating a situation where OP7Pro owners basically have to wait for a OP8Pro to get notchless design? Just seems super weird.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This OP8 leak is weird. I don't understand what OP is doing here. Going from the OP7Pro > OP7T > OP8. The design is all over the place and super inconsistent. It really feels now that their phones are just whatever handmedowns they got from their Oppo bigger siblings. Or are they creating a situation where OP7Pro owners basically have to wait for a OP8Pro to get notchless design? Just seems super weird.
They will probably have two models going forward, a regular "budget" model aka the 7 or 8, and a pro model.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Just bought an Android phone (was on windows until now..). What's the best/most simple app to play mp3s? (no streaming; like I said, I'm from another era...). Something like windows media player or winamp, but for android phones.

I tried to look on youtube, but it seems like every other videos on android are in Hindi.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just bought an Android phone (was on windows until now..). What's the best/most simple app to play mp3s? (no streaming; like I said, I'm from another era...). Something like windows media player or winamp, but for android phones.

I tried to look on youtube, but it seems like every other videos on android are in Hindi.

Google Play Music should work.

Otherwise, Poweramp or GoneMad Music Player.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Almost 2 years with my S8 and I think it's time for a change. Any budget-ish recommendations? My budget is about $300-400. Trying to snag a used S10 for that price locally but all the cheap ones sell super fast.

I thought about going back to standard budget phones with something like the Moto G7, but I don't know if that's really an upgrade over what I already have. Is the Samsung A50 any good? I can get it for like $40 directly from Samsung if I trade in my S8.

I also kind of want a Pixel 3 but it's like a year old at this point.

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Almost 2 years with my S8 and I think it's time for a change. Any budget-ish recommendations? My budget is about $300-400. Trying to snag a used S10 for that price locally but all the cheap ones sell super fast.

I thought about going back to standard budget phones with something like the Moto G7, but I don't know if that's really an upgrade over what I already have. Is the Samsung A50 any good? I can get it for like $40 directly from Samsung if I trade in my S8.

I also kind of want a Pixel 3 but it's like a year old at this point.
S10e? They're around 450ish used.