• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017

Everything is pointing to the POCO X2 being a rebranded version of the Redmi K30 (4G variant).

Last edited:

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should be able to turn off the 5g in the us model and just use 4g. Doubt the 4g only models will be much cheaper

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm rumors are the s20 and s20+ will be inline with s10/s10+ pricing... which makes you wonder if the ultra got anything else besides the perv zoom and a bit more battery and screen for $300.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
So... I hope the S20 ultra take significantly better photos than the pixel 4 and iPhone pro.
It would sting to pay 1300 USD for a device that will be supported for the next 2 releases only... unless the camera is leaps and bound superior to the competition.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
INFLUENCER READY

bADPkfQ.jpg

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just give me a fold 2. I've been so close on pulling the trigger on the original, but may as well wait it out now.

Or even better, give me a different companies fold out to tablet phone

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff ChickenDig is the closest we have to an influencer

shit must be pretty bad here then as someone that buys all my stuff, rarely takes selfies. rarely posts on social media lol.

Damn 1400$.... I would rather buy Oled tv for that price

I've been having this debate with myself for years. Instead of upgrading my phone every few months... but at the same time my life is pretty busy for a while, so I see more value in getting a new phone which I play around with way too long a day, vs maybe having a few hrs a night to enjoy a new tv, or upgrading my computer or what not.

But at the same time... phones are all kinda flat in terms of features too... so who knows!

I should take more trips abroad I guess.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
shit must be pretty bad here then as someone that buys all my stuff, rarely takes selfies. rarely posts on social media lol.

I've been having this debate with myself for years. Instead of upgrading my phone every few months... but at the same time my life is pretty busy for a while, so I see more value in getting a new phone which I play around with way too long a day, vs maybe having a few hrs a night to enjoy a new tv, or upgrading my computer or what not.

But at the same time... phones are all kinda flat in terms of features too... so who knows!

I should take more trips abroad I guess.
Why would you upgrade your phone every few months ? Honestly go with a good tv at this point imo

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a Sony A9F rather than get phones last year because of how much of an off year it felt, so I get it

2020 looks to be wild, so maybe this thread will have some more life!

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what I want. Gonna return this fold in a bit....

s20 ultra seems legit... but man $1300.

note 20? fold 2?

Still mostly feels like an iterative year. Samsung is going big on cameras, but shit is all gonna still look the same on phone screens and instagram.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought a Sony A9F rather than get phones last year because of how much of an off year it felt, so I get it

2020 looks to be wild, so maybe this thread will have some more life!

Yeah, I got a C9 but ended up upgrading my phone anyway as the Razer Phone 2 was available on contract with a total price of £240, so that was neat.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hi, so I'm trying to buy a new tablet to replace my 2015 Tab E. Basically I use my tablet for apps and quick internet use since I do not own a smartphone. My problem is that most of the apps I used to use are no longer compatible since the tablet is weak (I assume). Tab A tablets are more powerful correct? I want to buy one that will last me several years, but I'm not looking to spend crazy. Screen size doesn't matter much to me as I rarely watch videos on my tablet outside of random youtube crap at night.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-7-8gb-black/4943611.p?skuId=4943611

I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely want S20 Ultra. They need a big trade in deal for me to get it though. OnePlus 8 Pro is another contender I might buy. Other than that interested in seeing the Fold 2 and iPhone 12.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont really get the appeal of the flip phone format. You sacrifice water resistance and a durable screen (can't imagine flexible glass being better than 6 gens of gorilla glass) and performance and specs for the ability to have a shorter phone... but double the thickness?

But then I got big pockets. Can almost fit a galaxy fold with the fold open in my pants pocket lol.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
It's weird that I've been using my Mi 9T Pro for almost 2 months now and I still kinda miss the form factor of my old Nexus 6.

The Mi 9T Pro's screen is actually bigger than the Nexus 6 (100 cm² vs 97 cm²), but the former is taller and narrower which makes the phone feel smaller in the hand. Which is, great, I guess, specially since it's essentially bezelless. But it feels so cramped.

A part of me is still itching for the larger, more spacious 1440p Oneplus 7 Pro.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I dont really get the appeal of the flip phone format. You sacrifice water resistance and a durable screen (can't imagine flexible glass being better than 6 gens of gorilla glass) and performance and specs for the ability to have a shorter phone... but double the thickness?

But then I got big pockets. Can almost fit a galaxy fold with the fold open in my pants pocket lol.
I wonder if the marketing will skew towards women who keep their phone in their bags.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Can anyone help me with this issue? Ever since I got my LG G8, my volume randomly goes to max 2 or 3 times a day. I'm paranoid before ever playing any video or if any media starts playing and my volume is max and I'm in a quite area. This never happened with my LG G6.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone help me with this issue? Ever since I got my LG G8, my volume randomly goes to max 2 or 3 times a day. I'm paranoid before ever playing any video or if any media starts playing and my volume is max and I'm in a quite area. This never happened with my LG G6.

This has happened on both phones and tablets for me in this version of Android. Accidentally touching a volume button while the screen turns on shoves the volume to max or to mute depending on the button.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi, so I'm trying to buy a new tablet to replace my 2015 Tab E. Basically I use my tablet for apps and quick internet use since I do not own a smartphone. My problem is that most of the apps I used to use are no longer compatible since the tablet is weak (I assume). Tab A tablets are more powerful correct? I want to buy one that will last me several years, but I'm not looking to spend crazy. Screen size doesn't matter much to me as I rarely watch videos on my tablet outside of random youtube crap at night.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-7-8gb-black/4943611.p?skuId=4943611

I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.
for the last month or so i have been using the Fire HD 10 with sideloaded Google Play Services

and i have a feeling the HD 8 refresh is coming soon since i saw HD 8 cases on clearance at Target and cases usually go on clearance before a refresh.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
for the last month or so i have been using the Fire HD 10 with sideloaded Google Play Services

and i have a feeling the HD 8 refresh is coming soon since i saw HD 8 cases on clearance at Target and cases usually go on clearance before a refresh.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, apologies for sliding in but would y'all be able to recommend similarly priced alternatives to the xiaomi mi 9t? I've been looking at it to replace my current Nokia 6.1 but it looks like it doesn't have the necessary bands for T-Mobile in the US. I've been looking at refurbished One Plus 6T, but are there other phones that I'm not catching in the price range?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Is it better than Samsung's browser? That was already better than Chrome.
I would think so, yes. Its already better than Samsung Browser because like Chrome it directly opens up the specific app for media and social sites like Twiter, FB, Youtube, etc. Besides that the interface is like Duet enabled Chrome on steroids, convenient gestures and ot runs stupidly fast, as if you maxed out animation speed in Nova Launcher.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Hey, apologies for sliding in but would y'all be able to recommend similarly priced alternatives to the xiaomi mi 9t? I've been looking at it to replace my current Nokia 6.1 but it looks like it doesn't have the necessary bands for T-Mobile in the US. I've been looking at refurbished One Plus 6T, but are there other phones that I'm not catching in the price range?

Well, there's the Motorola One Hyper, which is similar in that it has a pop-up camera like the Mi 9T. Unfortunately, it's more expensive while also having lesser specs.

Another option is the Pixel 3a XL, but I honestly consider it to be pretty overpriced for what it is. Plus we'll probably get a 4a this summer. Samsung has a bunch of phones in the price range, but they aren't as good as the Mi 9T and many of them won't work with T-Mobile, either.

Honestly, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal than the Mi 9T at that price range, unless you went with other chinese manufacturers like Oppo (and Realme) or Huawei. And probably none of those would work with T-Mobile.

Your best bet would be to get a OnePlus 6T straight from OnePlus for $350. I'd be wary of buying anything refurbished that has a battery since you never know what you're gonna get. This way you get a brand new phone that is warranted to work with your carrier.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Well, there's the Motorola One Hyper, which is similar in that it has a pop-up camera like the Mi 9T. Unfortunately, it's more expensive while also having lesser specs.

Another option is the Pixel 3a XL, but I honestly consider it to be pretty overpriced for what it is. Plus we'll probably get a 4a this summer. Samsung has a bunch of phones in the price range, but they aren't as good as the Mi 9T and many of them won't work with T-Mobile, either.

Honestly, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal than the Mi 9T at that price range, unless you went with other chinese manufacturers like Oppo (and Realme) or Huawei. And probably none of those would work with T-Mobile.

Your best bet would be to get a OnePlus 6T straight from OnePlus for $350. I'd be wary of buying anything refurbished that has a battery since you never know what you're gonna get. This way you get a brand new phone that is warranted to work with your carrier.
Thank you so much for the analysis. Also, that hot tip on One Plus 6T! I had no idea that One Plus was selling it for 350. Thank you man.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017

So the base model is now $1,000. For comparison the vanilla S10 launched at $900 (S10e was $750). Two years ago the S9+ launched at $840, compared to $1,200 for the S20+.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

So the base model is now $1,000. For comparison the vanilla S10 launched at $900 (S10e was $750). Two years ago the S9+ launched at $840, compared to $1,200 for the S20+.

Entirely not surprised. Apple introduced a new device class and price point and everyone else jumped on it. Either wait for a price drop on the premium flagships or aim for the next step down; those are the new $600-$900 phones.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017

Hey now, adding all those extra useless camera holes takes a toll on production costs, you know.

That said, this year is the first year I'll not upgrade my phone in almost 15 years, so on average I guess I'm cheaper off now?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017

I saw this in GSMarena and they are saying that this the pricing just for LTE models? That doesn't sound right. Anyway, Samsung can fuck off with that pricing.

If the One Plus 8 line sees a massive improvement to the camera and happens to have the telephoto upgrade that I seek, I'll be all over that. I don't feel the need to upgrade though. Galaxy S10 is a good phone with a great camera and convenient headphone jack.

I am interested in the new Galaxy Buds+. I may wait until Google's comes up before making a decision or I'll ignore both of those and just pick up the taotronic sound liberty 79 because that looks like a solid bang for buck headphone.

Galaxy Buds+ might be in lead though because of the rumored features which sound pretty nice. If the call performance is substantially improved, I may not even wait on Google.