• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017

Andy Dick, the controversial comedian, was attacked Saturday after a show in New Orleans' French Quarter, his representatives reportedly said.

Robert Couvillion, his booking agent, told WVUE that his client was outside One-Eyed Jack's after a show and was "cold-cocked." He said Dick's head slammed into the cement. He said Dick was unconscious for about 15 minutes.

"We thought he was dead," Couvillion said.

The comedian, perhaps best known for his cameos in films like "Road Trip," "Old School" and his own short-lived TV show in 2000, was hospitalized for two days, according to the report.

Dick was released from the hospital and reportedly returned to Los Angeles.

Representatives for Dick did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Police seek Jon Lovitz for questioning. /s

EDIT
Comedian Andy Dick says he was left unconscious and with a "possible brain bleed" after being attacked in New Orleans.

The comic had just performed at One Eyed Jacks nightclub in the Louisiana city's famed French Quarter when someone knocked him to the ground early Saturday morning, he claimed to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

Dick asserted he was "knocked out 100 percent for 15 minutes."
Paris Dylan, a musician who took the stage with the comedian that night, told the Times-Picayune that Dick was "sucker punched" before getting into an Uber, and that his head hit the pavement after he collided with a motorcycle on the way to the ground.

He said Dick appeared to be unconscious at that point.
Okay, I don't wish a head injury like that on anyone.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll risk the ban, good. Really good. Fuck Andy Dick, he hasn't been punched enough. Bet that put a smile on faces in Hollywood, especially Lovitz.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC last year Andy Dick was kicked off the podcast he hosted with Dino Stamatopolous for some kind of unspecified aggressive behavior. Whatever his issues are, they seem unresolved.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
what the fuck is cold cocking?
It's (kind of old school) slang for a punch out of nowhere that knocks a guy right out. Not a sucker punch because it's not a sneak move.

As for anyone wondering about why some of us are so harsh you should try to track down the interview with lovitz (I forget where, might have been Maron or Smodcast but could have been somewhere else) where he talks about the night Phil was murdered.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
I imagine this was well earned in advance, the dude is over 50 years old, at some point it's best to smarten up and knock it off. He will probably be one of the next guests on the Joe Rogan experience and will seek to clear his name over this most likely.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I recall one of my comedian friends saying she was sexually assaulted by Andy Dick, so, like, get fucked asshole

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
This is a hard topic for me. On one hand i try not to condone violence without a clear cut justifiable reason. On the other hand I prolly would of clapped if i had seen that hit.

Thank god the cement was there to break his fall.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just proud it was New Orleans that sent his dumb ass back to where he came from.

Last edited:

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
So people here are okay with violence towards someone they don't like? Just to be clear.
I don't wish violence on Andy Dick, but he has a bad reputation as an out-of-control, confrontational guy who does not seem to be mellowing with time. I hope he does not have any permanent injuries from this incident, and I also hope he can figure out how to go through life as a decent person.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
"cold cock"

giphy.gif

Guy's clearly an asshole but I'm not gonna cheer on violence against him. On the other hand I don't really care about his well being either.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I just read up on the whole thing. Andy Dick every bit of his name sake. Doesn't Joe Rogan still defend Dick?