• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

okay

Oct 25, 2017
Was Jon Lovitz spotted near the scene?

He gave Phil Hartman's wife the drugs she was on the night she killed him.
I haven't known many addicts who could save drugs for half a year.

According to Lovitz, Dick had given Hartman's wife Brynn cocaine at a Christmas party at Hartman's house in 1997; Brynn, a recovering addict, fell back into drug use, culminating in her killing Hartmanand herself on May 28, 1998.

Andy Dick is an asshole but he is not the reason Brynn Hartman committed a murder suicide, even if had given her drugs that very night.

Let's leave the blame for murders with the actual murderers

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
HAHA That guy might die from a head injury.

This thread is really pathetic.

Yes the known culprit of multiple sexual assault cases might die. I should feel horrible.

Do you even know who Andy Dick is? Or is this some, "we shouldn't punch nazis" garbage?

As an aside: It's amazing how almost the entire cast of News Radio, a show I loved, either became incredibly harmful or got royally dicked over one way or another.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Noted asshole and all around dirtbag gets cold cocked.

Still, extremely dangerous to knock someone out like that in the street as evidenced here. He could have easily died. Who knows what kind of long term side effects he'll have.

Knowing the kind of person Andy is, he very likely had it coming.

So 🤷🏼‍♂️

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I haven't known many addicts who could save drugs for half a year.
It doesn't say she saved it for half a year, "culminating" is the key word in that passage. If you had clicked the source link in that Wikipedia article you took that from you'd find out that she had been 10 years sober until Dick gave her that coke at that party, and it let to a five month downward spiral that "culminated" in Phil Hartman's death.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It doesn't say she saved it for half a year, "culminating" is the key word in that passage. If you had clicked the source link in that Wikipedia article you took that from you'd find out that she had been 10 years sober until Dick gave her that coke at that party, and it let to a five month downward spiral that "culminated" in Phil Hartman's death.
Don't forget the fact that he has taken credit and bragged about it which led to his confrontation with lovitz.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I remember Jon Lovitz from this

1021236.jpg

Which is an episode about....A Streetcar Named Desire.

Also, it pissed off the entire city of New Orleans with its song.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I recall one of my comedian friends saying she was sexually assaulted by Andy Dick, so, like, get fucked asshole

Its sad, but that was the topic of an old UCB joke. Matt bessar would ask an audience who has ridden on an elephant vs who's been assured by Andy dick and the winner was often times the latter.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
Apparently Andy Dick is on drugs again, and is hanging around a bunch of shady people including that Paris Dylan dude mentioned in the article.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
He shouldn't have been assaulted, he should have instead been in jail for his long history of sexual assault and harassment including some directed towards minors.

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is a fucking mess.

And lol at some of you parading around on your high horses chastising everyone else for a lack of sympathy towards a known piece of shit. This fucking place sometimes my goodness. Y'all are so holy you must walk on water.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget the fact that he has taken credit and bragged about it which led to his confrontation with lovitz.
I am in no way defending Andy Dick giving Brynn Hartman coke, but that incident struck me as a asshole who feels some shame/responsibility about it lashing out with anger rather than Andy genuinely bragging or being proud.

FWIW, while there is no direct public accusation, it seems like the reason he was kicked off his podcast last year was because he was sexually harassing the staff.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This thread is a fucking mess.

And lol at some of you parading around on your high horses chastising everyone else for a lack of sympathy towards a known piece of shit. This fucking place sometimes my goodness. Y'all are so holy you must walk on water.
Dude sexually assaulted a 17 year old among a long list of other shit.

I don't think it's hard to be better than him.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am in no way defending Andy Dick giving Brynn Hartman coke, but that struck me as a asshole who feels some shame/responsibility about it lashing out with anger rather than Andy genuinely bragging or being proud.

FWIW, while there is no direct public accusation, it seems like the reason he was kicked off his podcast last year was because he was sexually harassing the staff.
He's a train wreck no matter how you look it. And in all honesty I don't want him hurt, just to go away and fade into obscurity and stop hurting others, I have been watching him crash and burn through the industry since the 90's and I just don't think he is ever going to change.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised he didn't get totally fucked up sooner. He exists to be a problem. Lovitz gave it a good shot a while back.

Out for 15 minutes, though. When you're out that long it's usually not a good sign for the brain. Dude might not come back the same way he went under.

May 13, 2019

It was fight night at an L.A. comedy club last week when Jon Lovitz roughed up Andy Dick over the murder of their "Saturday Night Live" colleague, Phil Hartman.
Laugh Factory owner Jamie Masada, who witnessed the assault, said, "Jon picked Andy up by the head and smashed him into the bar four or five times, and blood started pouring out of his nose." Lovitz told Page Six, "All the comedians are glad I did it because this guy is a [bleep]hole."

Guess it's not the first time that someone beating Anndy Dick up is motive for celebration.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Yes the known culprit of multiple sexual assault cases might die. I should feel horrible.

Do you even know who Andy Dick is? Or is this some, "we shouldn't punch nazis" garbage?

As an aside: It's amazing how almost the entire cast of News Radio, a show I loved, either became incredibly harmful or got royally dicked over one way or another.

Almost the entire cast? Oh no. Dare I ask?

I know about Rogan and Dick of course.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
He's a noted sexual predator with the blood of at least two people on his hands

Oh, won't somebody think of the drug-dealing rapists?

Andy Dick is a huge asshole for groping people and should probably be in jail for it. He still shouldn't be nearly killed for being an asshole.

As far a the Phil Hartman stuff goes, I guess I'm going to have to defend Andy Dick because people just keep regurgitating the same story over and over again.

First off, Brynn was physically and emotionally abusive to Phil for years. She threatened to kill his ex-wife
Hartman's second wife, Lisa Strain, alleged that Brynn was pathologically jealous of other women. After sending a card to Hartman and Brynn in 1988 to congratulate them on the birth of their son, Strain claimed she received a blistering four-page screed in the mail, written by Brynn and threatening her life in no uncertain terms.

Would physically attack Phil
Hartman would arrive on set with scratches on his face, or disheveled after staying the night on his boat, and ask Lewis, "How do you do this?" Like Hartman, "she had no answer."

And had a long history of anger problems
Some close to the family said the slayings seemed a shocking final burst of anger from Brynn Hartman, who they described as having a mercurial temper.

"She had trouble controlling her anger," said Steve Small, an attorney who handled Hartman's two previous divorces and stayed in frequent contact with Hartman.

"She got attention by losing her temper," said Small, adding that the two had separated more than once. "Phil said he had to . . . restrain her at times."

And was mixing Alchohol and Zoloff before the murder
In the ensuing months, Brynn's moods grew more mercurial. She was prescribed Zoloft, but it only made her more agitated, possibly because she was mixing it with alcohol.

---

Second off, John Lovitz, the guy who made up this whole story, later said he was incorrect.
www.cbsnews.com

Lovitz Speaks Out On Dustup With Andy Dick

Comedian Explains That Rift Stems From Friction On "Newsradio"
Eventually, the two worked out their differences, or so Lovitz thought.

"Later on we made up, and I said 'I'm sorry I said that,'" Lovitz said. "I realized it really wasn't his fault. Everything was fine for years."

---

But it was all Andy's fault for doing coke with a abusive spouse two years before she killed her husband, because John Lovitz said so that one time.

Last edited:

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Almost the entire cast? Oh no. Dare I ask?

I know about Rogan and Dick of course.
Man, you wanna hear the worst story ever?

There's an episode of Marc Maron's podcast where they talk to Dave Foley about his career after NR. It's literally the worst situation you can be in as an actor.

I guess Maura Tourney got out okay.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Oh my at some of the replies in here.

So is there is a listing of who it's cool to celebrate violence against? Asking for a friend.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to feel sorry for the guy at all, he's a huge asshole and a horrible person.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I hadn't heard of the Lovitz/Dick beef until now. I just looked it up and couldn't take it serious lol.

I got to this quote and died of laughter: and said, 'I don't want to be in your movie! I don't want to be in your life!'

The power of Jon Lovitz voice lol.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Of all the people in the world, Andy Dick probably deserved it. Unsurprising to hear.

Guy takes credit for the Phil Hartman shit and is known for grabbing random genitals of all genders. Dude is a creep. I assume most posters in here are too young or just plain unfamiliar with him.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
Andy Dick is a huge asshole for groping people and should probably be in jail for it. He still shouldn't be nearly killed for being an asshole.

As far a the Phil Hartman stuff goes, I guess I'm going to have to defend Andy Dick because people just keep regurgitating the same story over and over again.

First off, Brynn was physically and emotionally abusive to Phil for years. She threatened to kill his ex-wife

Would physically attack Phil

And had a long history of anger problems

And was mixing Alchohol and Zoloff before the murder

---

Second off, John Lovitz, the guy who made up this whole story, later said he was incorrect.
www.cbsnews.com

Lovitz Speaks Out On Dustup With Andy Dick

Comedian Explains That Rift Stems From Friction On "Newsradio"

---

But it was all Andy's fault for doing coke with a abusive spouse two years before she killed her husband, because John Lovitz said so that one time.
Counter point. He is a habitual sexual harasser.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This thread! I understand moderation not wanting to advocate or celebrate violence, it's why in my initial post I said I would eat a ban on this subject and that isn't going to change, because being on the left doesn't mean you have to be on some moral high horse about every subject, like I said in the Sarah Silverman thread I still listen to Gwar and watch Troma films, even ones by Gunn before he grew up, and I have no problem with violence depending where it's directed. Sure I would love a utopia, but we are not in one and I feel more comfy living in the world that is because that's how I survive.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Man, you wanna hear the worst story ever?

There's an episode of Marc Maron's podcast where they talk to Dave Foley about his career after NR. It's literally the worst situation you can be in as an actor.

I guess Maura Tourney got out okay.
Stephen Root, Khandi Alexander, and Vicki Lewis all seem to be doing well. Yeah, I really like Dave Foley. At least he seems to be working consistently.