• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
A cold cock used to be the slang for a thing you'd use to bludgeon someone... like a bottle or something. It got made into a verb when you hit someone with a cold cock... But then the term for the weapon sorta dropped down, and cold cocking ws just known as hitting someone. Also the term "to clock" someone has existed meaning largely the same thing. The two got combined.

But... technically...

To Clock someone and to Cold Cock someone are basically the same thing. But to Cold Clock someone is combining those two mistakenly. Who knows, in 20 years, the phrase will probably become cold clocking.

and it will wear baggy tights.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
When you know your friend's spouse is batshit crazy on coke and trying to get clean, and then proceed to give said spouse coke, there's malice involved.

Oh, gotcha, I thought you were saying Andy DIck wanted Phil Hartman dead and conspired by giving his wife drugs that forced her to kill him, like ... manchurian candidate or something.

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
Andy Dick is one of those people that I'm just going to have a real hard time feeling bad for in any circumstance. I know full well that violence is never the answer, but when Andy Dick is the question what is the answer?

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to link, but there is a video. Andy stands up and turns toward the brick wall outside a bar. When he turns, the attacker approaches from behind him, squares up and violently slugs him in the back of the head. Andy's head bounces hard off of something, apparently the wall, like his booker said. If Andy and his attacker interacted, it was before the footage began, so from the video alone it does appear to be unprovoked.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I think some of you guys are confusing "cold cock" and "getting your clock cleaned." Two different phrases with similar meanings.

Andy Dick is a known shithead, dont have much sympathy for the guy.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not going to link, but there is a video. Andy stands up and turns toward the brick wall outside a bar. When he turns, the attacker approaches from behind him, squares up and violently slugs him in the back of the head. Andy's head bounces off of something, apparently the wall, like his booker said. If Andy and his attacker interacted, it was before the footage began, so from the video alone it does appear to be unprovoked.
Than that's not a cold cock that's a rabbit or sucker punch, and not cool. I retract my previous statements. I unlike most here don't always have a problem with violence, but you do it to their face, this is not cool.

CosmicPanda

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
the same Andy Dick that Phil Hartman's wife back on drugs and she gone crazy and shot Phil Hartman to death and killed herself. Andy doesn't get any sympathy from me.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Reading this thread is an eyeopener. Guess i missed all the Andy Dick news for years.
I thought he was hilarious. Often a step further than a lot of other comedians. Being an insufferable pain in the ass for fun.
But i guess he went a bit too far a couple of times, by what i read here...

Very curious what happened there and what caused a person to do this. If you just suckerpunch a person that doesn't know it's coming you can potentially damage that person for life... or worse.

Last edited:

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Man this forum is bizarre. Dude could have died and every one is all for it.

Don't get it. Not even gaf is like this.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017

Calm down. Not even everyone on this page is pro- him being punched. Me, for example. It is pathetic and sad. Hopefully he doesn't have any permanent injury and can turn his life around.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Calm down. Not even everyone on this page is pro- him being punched. Me, for example. It is pathetic and sad. Hopefully he doesn't have any permanent injury and can turn his life around.
Due to the video I don't condone this instance anymore, but he's had decades to turn his life around and still inspires this from people, maybe it's time to just realize some people don't change and stop hiring him for anything so he can fade into obscurity and we won't have to debate the morality of this about someone who has no morals and has proved time and time again decade after decade chance after chance that they are an irredeemable shitbag with no desire to change or be better.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I know it was a while ago, but isn't he still best known for NewsRadio?
I was gonna say, that's like the only thing everyone knows him from.
the villain from mom and dad save the world.
Now there's the best answer.
Man, you wanna hear the worst story ever?

There's an episode of Marc Maron's podcast where they talk to Dave Foley about his career after NR. It's literally the worst situation you can be in as an actor.

I guess Maura Tourney got out okay.
Is there a summary of this? I know Dick and Rogan are shitheads but the other people always seemed fine. Even if most of them never really showed up anywhere else.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Due to the video I don't condone this instance anymore, but he's had decades to turn his life around and still inspires this from people, maybe it's time to just realize some people don't change and stop hiring him for anything so he can fade into obscurity and we won't have to debate the morality of this about someone who has no morals and has proved time and time again decade after decade chance after chance that they are an irredeemable shitbag with no desire to change or be better.
I'm totally fine with him leaving the business, too. It's not like I've seen him in anything in like 20 years anyway.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm totally fine with him leaving the business, too. It's not like I've seen him in anything in like 20 years anyway.
I think he is in a weird place where he can't get major or serious gigs, but enough people still back him he can keep his slumming around Hollywood touching people in unwanted ways lifestyle afloat, but just barely.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty funny seeing everyone confused by cold cocked lol
Also don't really have much sympathy for known assholes when they get knocked out.

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
IIRC last year Andy Dick was kicked off the podcast he hosted with Dino Stamatopolous for some kind of unspecified aggressive behavior. Whatever his issues are, they seem unresolved.
It's drugs and alcohol, but that was mainly alcohol. He never stayed clean for very long. The final straw was him getting belligerent and throwing a drink at a guest on Skulljuice. That plus other abusive and hostile actions at the studio led to him being banned from Starburns and kicked off the show. I think that's the gist of it

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA

People hate the death penalty but probably wouldn't shed a tear if he had died.

I don't know much about Andy but heard about the Hartman connection and that he's a scumbag. Don't think he should've been attacked like that. If he was face to face with someone and saw everything coming then it would be different.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People hate the death penalty but probably wouldn't shed a tear if he had died.

I don't know much about Andy but heard about the Hartman connection and that he's a scumbag. Don't think he should've been attacked like that. If he was face to face with someone and saw everything coming then it would be different.
That's my conclusion. I was aokay with it, probably the most bloodthirsty in the thread, but then the video was posted and that was some coward sucker punch stuff.

No matter how many times I am told it makes me barbaric or immoral or whatever I will always keep throwing hands on the table as an option, but you got to be upfront about it, this kind of makes the puncher just as slimey.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Cold clock is wrong but makes as much sense to me.

Cold meaning dead, not working, broken etc is the key part of it.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
IIRC last year Andy Dick was kicked off the podcast he hosted with Dino Stamatopolous for some kind of unspecified aggressive behavior. Whatever his issues are, they seem unresolved.

Has he started drinking again? Only really know him from some Harmontown episodes where he was sober and quite thoughtful. But also talked about how he's inevitably going to fall for drugs again. The guy is super self-destructive

Last edited:

Cvie

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought cold cock was specifically using the but of a gun to crack someone

low-G

Oct 25, 2017

I just don't like how this place waffles back and forth. If it wants to go full violent anarchist it should stop fucking around. But other times mods will go on a ban spree in threads like this.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the NOPD have any suspects yet?

The Andy Dick folks got an name id from one of the assailant's acquaintances so they know who did it.

In the video it looks like Andy is stepping forward and talking to the guy as he's hit or simply walking forward but either way he's not expecting to get hit. The girl who ran and fell is standing near Andy before the incident and may know what(if anything) provoked it.

Could have been an argument, a completely unprovoked drunken thug, a "think you're a big Hollywood bigshot?" but assuming the NOPD follows up I guess we'll hear this guy's explanation sooner or later.