• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rolling Nowhere

Alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Fuck. So many people trying to avoid bans while basically admitting that they are happy that someone was brutally assaulted.

We should be better than this.

This forum is kind of fucked up. Seriously. Go back through this thread and count the number of people that are only differentiated from shot like 4chan out of a fear of being banned and losing their precious post count.

Maybe this isn't the forum for me.

Last edited:

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck. So many people trying to avoid bans while basically admitting that they are happy that someone was brutally assaulted.

We should be better than this.

This forum is kind of fucked up. Seriously. Go back through this thread and count the number of people that are only differentiated from shot like 4chan out of a fear of being banned and losing their precious post count.

Maybe this isn't the forum for me.
This is rich coming from an obvious alt.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol I always thought the phrase was "cold clock"
It is. I don't what the hell a "cold cock" is aside from the literal sense.
It is and I'm not sure why more people didn't correct it.
Right? What the hell...
And you're right. Fuck cern.

So yeah, youd say cold clock right? But its allegedly cock?

Now, think about when someone gets knocked out or "CLOCKED". So you're supposed to say "oh man, dude got COCKED!"? Rubbish.

same shit with the berenstein bears. This timeline is garbage.

Lol. It's always been cold cocked, and it predates "clocked" as a meaning for knocked out by almost 100 years.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
"I laugh when I see people in pain. Sometimes I think it is a defense mechanism from childhood, where you're in so much pain you have to laugh. It is a survival mechanism."

-Andy Dick

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You hate to see it.

Seriously though punching someone into unconsciousness is going a bit far even for Dick

Deleted member 47559

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 7, 2018
Really hard to understand what quantifies a ban here, some of these posts stunned me lol

andy dick is an asshole but assault like that isn't okay, he really could have died

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Man is a known provocateur who loves to find a line he hasn't crossed so he can cross it in the biggest/worst possible way, up to and including sexual assault and knowingly-committed anti-Semitism, and then mark it off his shameless asshole bucket list. So I fully understand the "why" of all of this, except for why it hadn't happened sooner than now.
Yeah, not condoning the violence against him is appropriate, as is not having much in the way of sympathy or surprise, either. It just... IS.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
If it was another person mods wouldnt tolerate it.

It would be victim blaming and you get banned.

Even one hit can kill.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is a preview of the future, I can already see the "civility" posts when someone like Trump or McConnell dies.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If it was another person mods wouldnt tolerate it.

It would be victim blaming and you get banned.

Even one hit can kill.
And a person's actions provide context. See: punching neo-Nazi mouthpieces.
The difference lies in that context, but what you're asking for is context-free application of an ideal.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not by any means going to cheer a man being attacked from behind.

However, in this case I'm not going to feel too cut up about it either.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Andy Dick is fucking prick but even so I don't accept vigilante justice.
Oh please, no one is suggesting that this attack was retribution for past behavior. It was likely caused by something he said or did to that man who assaulted him specifically in that moment. Again, this is a drug and alcohol addled man with a near-legendary history of not respecting very clear or self-evident physical/emotional boundaries and crossing lines. It's not even a surprise to the reporter who wrote the story quoted in the OP that his behavior might have provoked violence.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
This thread is a preview of the future, I can already see the "civility" posts when someone like Trump or McConnell dies.

The damage Trump and McConnell are doing by denying climate change and actively oppossing any progress made in that area is akin to genocide. I don't think Andy is quite in the same league.

Dec 13, 2018
If my wife could press a magic button that would kill her abuser without repercussions, I'm certain she would. That doesn't make her a bad person.

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
No attempted murder, the guy intended to just punch him. It'd probably be involuntary manslaughter had he died.

That is my point. If he was on blood thinners, for example, someone surprise knocking you out equals to a murder. Just one of the many diseases that will make you almost guaranteed to die on such serious traumas to your head. I understand that the technical term would be involuntary, but there is nothing involuntary about not knowing what your target can withstand and knocking him/her out.

Just imagine if you were to take a left turn in a highway with your car without checking what is there. That one can be though of as "Accidental", but it is more than stupid, its reckless.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no evidence of Dick grabbing the guy in the video but randomly grabbing people's crotches in public is a confirmed Andy Dick move. However given the video - the dude is not reacting immediately and should have called the cops instead.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There's no evidence of Dick grabbing the guy in the video but randomly grabbing people's crotches in public is a confirmed Andy Dick move. However given the video - the dude is not reacting immediately and should have called the cops instead.
Toxic masculinity is a hell of a thing that way. When your life is guided by those principles, when someone assaults you, you assault them right back.

Oct 30, 2017
He's a shitty provocateur that should be held accountable for all the shit he's done (diversion sentencing be damned), but not through random drunken vigilantism.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh big shocker Andy grabbing on people. Hes lucky he hasnt got a key to the throat over the years. im sure there will be more opportunities for that to happen from his future victims.

If im on this punchers jury, not guilty.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Update: Charges dropped. Andy Dick accused of grabbing privates by the cold cock-er.

www.nola.com

Case dropped against man who punched out Andy Dick in the French Quarter last summer

Saying the performer hasn't been cooperative in their investigation, Orleans Parish prosecutors will not pursue a case against the man who punched comedian Andy Dick outside a French Quarter nightclub
One of my friends in high school told me Andy Dick grabbed his crotch after meeting him backstage. As in, my friend in high school at the time. Who was 15 or 16. Not surprised. Fuck this guy.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if you grab my nards im gonna get punchy

just a heads up to anyone thinking about having pity sex with me in the future