• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
This is so unfortunate considering Fable is probably the number one Xbox game I'm interested in. Like, we knew it was far but damn, miles away? That's fucking rough but I get it. Game development is hard.

As for Everwild, yeah, I'm not shocked to hear its far away too but I am shocked to hear that it's still alive to begin with lol

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Fable just now entering full production?
phil-spencer.jpg

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I hope fable is more fable-like then witcher-like. If they want to make the combat more like the witcher that is okay I guess.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Perfect Dark hurts to most to hear, but I also want that game to take as long as they need.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Looking forward to seeing more about Avowed. Obsidian are such an incredible team, have high expectations.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Everwild seems like it'll end up getting cancelled honestly. Doesn't seem like Rare even knows what they want it to be.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Obsidian continues to carry. This kinda makes sense tbh, HB2 and Avowed were what I expected up next. Sucks to hear on the rest being a long ways out though :/

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Damn they must have went back to the drawing board on Everwild.

Avowed sounds closer than I expected though, can't wait to see some gameplay

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
I Understand that playground and initiative were building new studios, but if that were the case, they probably shouldn't have announced these games if they weren't even in full production yet.

Vivaladragon

May 5, 2020
In retrospect that 2020 showcase they did is now really funny, knowing most of the shit they showed is gonna be 4-6 years away.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn Fable just now entering production! And it being a Witcher-like? I hope that doesn't mean they are removing the sim elements.

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
I hope they've learned from games like Pentiment and Hifi Rush, you can announce games when they are ready. They have been announcing games too early for well over a decade and it's absurd.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I hope they've learned from games like Pentiment and Hifi Rush, you can announce games when they are ready. They have been announcing games too early for well over a decade and it's absurd.

It doesn't help that insiders love to leak every little thing, even unconfirmed

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
So Starfield and Redfall this year

Hellblade 2 and Avowed next year

Fable 2025? PD and Everwild after that. Gears 6 somewhere in that mix

Sounds good to me, as far as big 1st party games go

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Huh I thought with fable apparently being playable from start to end (did i get that right?) it would have already been in full production for some time, is that not how it works in game dev generally?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You know, once upon a time, I thought Microsoft might have the chance to knock it out of the park this generation, that all their studio purchases were gonna pay off big time.

Shit seems forever away for them still.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I said when PD was announced there was zero chance we'd see it before 2025 and people thought I was crazy.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems this has to be wrong given Fable was playable from start to finish a month ago.

Oct 25, 2017
They really gotta go the (mostly) Nintendo route. Stop announcing these a half a decade or more before they come out

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Weren't these games like all announced pre-pandemic? Jesus, this is Square Enix level of announcing games way too early.