• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
These wax figures are fucking wizardry.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly completely astounding how realistic those figures look (on camera*). That last pic literally looks like two women posing for a photo.

*They're not quite as lifelike in person, but they're still very close.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Most figures at Madam Tussauds look completely fake, but a few recent ones (like this) look absolutely insane.

I took selfie with the Ariana Grande figure and posted it to Instagram saying I met her in a club and a few people were genuinely like "wtf where did this happen?!" I came clean a few hours later lmao but it was fun.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
The people making those are fucking wizards, no other explanation.

But we all know the real GOAT figures are at the Wax Museum in Madrid

1INHkK7.jpeg

ZFr6boG.jpeg

sCqJuQu.jpeg

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, if there weren't more pictures and you only showed me this one, I wouldn't know which one was real and which one was the wax figure.

E_fTqr-UYAYSxeT

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really great likeness, pose, and costuming.

Also, the real AB shouldn't stand so close to it, it might melt.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
These wax figures are fucking wizardry.
The people making those are fucking wizards, no other explanation.
Man, how do they do it? It's freaking uncanny!
zOUsiRI.gif

But we all know the real GOAT figures are at the Wax Museum in Madrid
8NwOWZ7.gif

I was at an art gallery that had had a nude female figure so realistic that it embarrassed me to look at it. It felt like she would pop up and shame me at any moment.
EE7IbHn.gif

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
This is easily one of the best figures they've done.

Which is as it should be for Angela Thee Bassett.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently the ones where the person themselves come to get their measurements or w/e come out looking way better than the ones that are purely based on photo references.

www.youtube.com

How Madame Tussauds Creates Its Realistic Wax Figures

Madame Tussauds in New York City has maintained its traditional 200-year-old process for designing hyperrealistic sculptures of modern celebrities and famous...

Jennifer Hudson had one unveiled for her 40th birthday a few days ago. That one was pretty awesome, too.