• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That was sort of my point. The argument of "you can't just ban guns, because of the second amendment" are a bit pointless because the second amendment could be overturned if enough people wanted to. At least based on my understanding.

Of course. However, you would need overwhelming majorities spread across the country. It would only take 13 low population rural states like Montana/Wyoming etc... to block it.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
He's a gun enthusiast so it isn't surprising that he'd make this argument. I disagree with him of course and think it's a poorly constructed argument. However, he's not the most educated on political issues and just haphazardly comments on topics of note. He tweets anti-Trump stuff regularly too, so he's somewhat liberal in that regard.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Joe is right actually. Both should be banned, and all guns of a similar calibre and rate of fire.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Me too. It doesn't hurt that his channels quality has COMPLETELY GONE DOWN THE SHITTER. He's super lazy and basically just does low-effort, uninteresting "reaction" videos now with maybe 2-4 reviews a year. He sucks now.

When people say this are you talking about his most recent one or the ones from years prior? He has several gun videos on his channel.

Also, Joe has been pretty open about supporting certain gun control steps. Universal background checks etc. The problem is when you try to educate someone who doesn't give 2 shits about firearms it makes you come across a certain way to those people I've personally learned.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course. However, you would need overwhelming majorities spread across the country. It would only take 13 low population rural states like Montana/Wyoming etc... to block it.
I totally get that. It's not something that would be easy or even likely to happen. My point is simply, the argument of "you can't ban guns because of the second amendment" essential is "you cant ban guns because people don't want to ban guns".

As a non-American who is very frustrated and angered by the level gun violence in America, it's soul destroying to see that argument come up in every thread as if it actually means anything.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
How? It's definitely politicized and even etched into the Constitution. Not to mention legislation on the matter is deeply partisan.
Yes, it's definitely politicized, but he doesn't need to be politically "educated" to avoid saying certain things. It's not about agreeing or not with the GOP or being liberal, it's about people being shot and guns too dangerous to be so easily accessible.

EDIT: I mean, he should just use a little common sense, he doesn't need political knowledge or whatever.

It's definitely become a political issue. It effects how one can vote. It's why gun control is brought up at debates etc.

Of course. But we gotta do a step forward, and realise that people's (real) safety is not a question of right and left, dem and republicans.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love it when right wing commentators assume people on the left don't know anything about guns.

The problem with the AR15 platform is it's ease of use and low price combined with large 30 clip magazines and 5.56 ammunition. 5.56 Nato rounds, when they enter your body ping around like a ping pong ball literally shredding your internal organs. The difference in lethality between 9mm and 5.56 cannot be understated.

5.56 and .223 should be reserved for bolt action hunting rifles, which can be based on the AR15 platform or not.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The end-game must be proper licencing.
okay, make semi-autos class 3 weapons.

that might be proper licensing.

What mainly makes them so deadly are the large capacity magazines. The issue is if you ban mags holding lets say more than 10 rounds people are just going to 3D print bigger ones
No, what makes them so deadly is the semi-auto action (along with the bullet type, of course). If they had to reload between each round fired (or after a couple of shots), the problem is largely solved outside of snipers.

Make them class 3 weapons, subject to the regulations of class 3 weapons ownership and their ubiquity will decline rapidly. I have a class 3 weapon (suppressor for one of my .45s) and lemmie tell you...people aren't going to be bothered with that process. Getting the local sherrif to sign off. Hundreds of dollars for the application. Months of waiting. Regular check-ins from the ATF. They'll just go buy a bolt-action rifle, revolver or shotgun for home protection and call it a day.

Last edited:

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I totally get that. It's not something that would be easy or even likely to happen. My point is simply, the argument of "you can't ban guns because of the second amendment" essential is "you cant ban guns because people don't want to ban guns".

As a non-American who is very frustrated and angered by the level gun violence in America, it's soul destroying to see that argument come up in every thread as if it actually means anything.

I get it. I think people say "because of the 2nd Amendment" simply reflects the reality that changing it isn't going to happen. The ability to do so was purposely made extremely difficult. I mean the only Amendment of more importance to James Madison was "freedom of speech/religion/press.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
How Easy To Buy/Own Gun in America?

In Thai, We have a Gun District Market but it needs a lot of Paperwork and Expensive.

Also, How this thread It's on Gaming Forum?

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Question: What is an actual argument for gun control that will convince pro-gun people?

Because it's increasingly clear that no such argument exists.

Recognize the right to bear arms, withdraw proposals to further ban guns, in return for better background checks.

Guns is a wedge issue, one the Republican Party can point to as part of it's strategy to convince rural regions to block gun control and Democrats. Demanding all guns be banned and just stepping over all the rural people is not gonna make them vote Democrat. And for the 1000th time, how are we supposed to make reform without them?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
How Easy To Buy/Own Gun in America?
Depends on the state. Some guns you can just buy over the counter as conveniently as you buy milk. No paperwork required other than your ID to verify your age.

Other guns require a background check and a wait of at least a few days. No special licenses required.

Still other weapons still (class 3 which includes stuff like automatic weapons and silencers/suppressors), require approval from the local sheriff and months of wait time to be approved for a class 3 permit (expensive) before you can buy those weapons.

Demanding all guns be banned and just stepping over all the rural people is not gonna make them vote Democrat. And for the 1000th time, how are we supposed to make reform without them?
Their vote is neither needed nor required for proper gun reform legislation to get done, as those places weren't going to vote D anyway. As it has been done in every other country, they'll eventually need to take their medicine like big boys and girls and get in line like everyone else. The will of the masses has been made clear time and time again. Not everyone needs to be on board to get shit done.

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Depends on the state. Some guns you can just buy over the counter as conveniently as you buy milk. No paperwork required other than your ID to verify your age.

Other guns require a background check and a wait of at least a few days. No special licenses required.

Still other weapons still (class 3 which includes stuff like automatic weapons and silencers/suppressors), require approval from the local sheriff and months of wait time to be approved for a class 3 permit (expensive) before you can buy those weapons.

Their vote is neither needed nor required for proper gun reform legislation to get done, as those places weren't going to vote D anyway. As it has been done in every other country, they'll eventually need to take their medicine like big boys and girls and get in line like everyone else. The will of the masses has been made clear time and time again. Not everyone needs to be on board to get shit done.

Gun reform, you may not need them. That is debatable since rural states get the same amount of Senators as big populated states. To actually ban all guns, you would absolutely need them.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
Me too. It doesn't hurt that his channels quality has COMPLETELY GONE DOWN THE SHITTER. He's super lazy and basically just does low-effort, uninteresting "reaction" videos now with maybe 2-4 reviews a year. He sucks now.
His "group review" is just not that good. I know he just wants to bring his friends on his show, but it's less engaging, since Joe usually is more interesting to listen to.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
EcF7vBmMI6YIZe2UChYdtXSJ5f3BEJ4L1l1RdsvaR7lZyzZPMsQUCKn1mtRpgVFAqqpjTZWCnB4m8otKHLucvPMblXzHBa-_sfCxI40jJe4NulyGWjDjUBLHofq6ggJs8hH7tvqwQsV2_X1HB0wL3O2T0O6BZ3a_ealYe7XbC9hRA0AMUp5AejZWwcgrassOpcQORi6rpwYH6nSdmBhOPm_lzotCGgBbsV42E5kV0ovtxe8s8HR_nvGKVUgbSOhYLbb7PHh2FiNRJthSq7agIqxOMRG0vTx7o_osb4AZvFz6zYkkC5rHUgs7F5U93qz0oBRCLI8OtHMcQSjhFZiXkklHnti7b4WswSkxqSJtBQKb7quiH3sr4LM2hv6i1M30D3AsqvJ7AbBqcCtpLDkdv_1OssdEe1qmk3Cx2Y2h02f3QQ2R9N_vcoplxoeE9nysb9CyBJyQ0_iIQ1SfTqpl5l29Orz7nMAUA7QBLLpWgM7gZlq3ZCUY87491L0z8MMEjKym2KdyB9tvaNIZAhFp294EPyoLJ8ICNcWvcqDEfcB36PTn83NRWbjQmX61G_5jx1jisuBNqEoD9PaL-5Yx0k-A_CPYWXmJOXYbIo_j2hJRbF5flbYrxU1N1YYGMVzP5PfReOfysGPbU_vwmpKj6ZBl8T5cb4oRLLhZnvL-rQA83Wcgi1i28F8=w650-h635-no

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Listening to resetera members for gun policies.

Yea... hard pass from me.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's a gun enthusiast so it isn't surprising that he'd make this argument. I disagree with him of course and think it's a poorly constructed argument. However, he's not the most educated on political issues and just haphazardly comments on topics of note. He tweets anti-Trump stuff regularly too, so he's somewhat liberal in that regard.

He also called out mordhau's toxic community and blasted their idea of having a whites only toggle

But.. he is from texas and enjoys shooting for sport. He must be a horrible piece of shit we hate!

How do you guys make it through life when you deal only in absolutes? Only sith deal in absolutes

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
He also called out mordhau's toxic community and blasted their idea of having a whites only toggle

But.. he is from texas and enjoys shooting for sport. He must be a horrible piece of shit we hate!

How do you guys make it through life when you deal only in absolutes? Only sith deal in absolutes

I feel like most people in here operate under the assumption that anyone in Texas who likes guns (for sport/hunting, etc) are automatically pieces of shit. It's weird.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Unsubbed ages ago to the guy, Channel became just too " Reactionary "... So just blended in with all the others. Man hardly reviews games, Just wants his mates involved and wants that easy income from " reactions". Garbage Channel now.

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like most people in here operate under the assumption that anyone in Texas who likes guns (for sport/hunting, etc) are automatically pieces of shit. It's weird.

What, "sport?" I don't considering killing a sport. Only cowards need ARs. People who enjoy killing as a "sport" need mental help. If you're hunting to eat, I get it. If you're killing because "it's fun," you are a sick person.

Grimace McRib

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH

Nah, people who enjoy/like guns for hobby sport are fine in my book. I'll never find a reason to own one myself, and I'll support those that go about banning weapons in this country but we're free to disagree.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Nah, I think you're being pretty disingenuous, not only you are cherrypicking a certain sentence, but you also cut the first half of it! If this is not misinformation and manipulation I don't know what is.

This is the actual quote: "from my perspective social justice is not a negative thing, it wasn't a negative thing until it's been co opted by vapid morons who fucking complain about every god damn little letter in every word"

Now, why you got offended by this? He's talking about the morons that complain about everything (and, believe me, they exist in every single part of the political spectrum) not you, or trans.

I'm against all kinds of moralists, especially the gay/trans-hating religious ones, but the ideological ones need to chill out too.

Now, about the "transphobic" part:

"there is lot of complaints about exploiting the sexuality of certain people, and the artist is like: -that's exactly what the point is. This [inaudible] is to show that the corporations are exploiting the person, the sexuality and all these other things"

So, this is somehow a bad thing?

This literally comes immediately after him referencing the issues the trans communities had with the game. Like can you just fuck off arching your back to explain away something that's incredibly obvious and literally right there in the video.
  • Whines about outrage culture and virtue signalling
  • Goes into the concerns people have over racism
  • Completely hand-waves the actual concerns the trans community had
  • Continues immediately into moaning about the "vapid morons" that complain about everything
There is no bridge or new segment. He complains about two areas where people have an issue with the game and then summarises them as being vapid morons / SJW's looking to whine about everything.

Now, about the "transphobic" part:

"there is lot of complaints about exploiting the sexuality of certain people, and the artist is like: -that's exactly what the point is. This [inaudible] is to show that the corporations are exploiting the person, the sexuality and all these other things"

So, this is somehow a bad thing?
If you're this ignorant to the situation then perhaps stop following Joe in continuing to hand-wave those concerns.

Last edited:

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
What? A pissant gamer said a dumb? Color me shocked. As others have said, I have no issue banning both immediately.

I'm by no means a follower of his, but I've seen his ill-advised takes inexplicably get a pass on Era for a while now. Like, every single time I see this guy mentioned here, it's his subscribers rationalizing an extremely regressive take that he felt compelled to express. It's time for the bin.

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
What, "sport?" I don't considering killing a sport. Only cowards need ARs. People who enjoy killing as a "sport" need mental help. If you're hunting to eat, I get it. If you're killing because "it's fun," you are a sick person.

Hunting certain animals is a sport. Whether you like it or not is another topic, but it's a sport for lots of people. In most cases, they do consume the meat, but I wouldn't say they're hunting just for food (some do that though).

It doesn't make the person "sick". That's a personal opinion, which you're entitled to. Lots of benefits to hunting animals.

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
If "everyone" wanted guns banned, it would be quite easy.

The reality is though that almost all Republican voters and even some Democrat voters would be against a complete ban.

In order for the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution to be changed, 3/4 of the 50 States would need to agree to it even if the Federal Government voted 2/3rds in both House/Senate to overturn.

A huge number of the 50 are Red states and would never agree to this. It would face difficulties in some Blue States as well.

You could have everyone agree to ban guns, and people would still have guns. Also, if it ever got a point where some type of ban were in effect (and it won't), i'd imagine you'd have some crazy people coming out of the woodwork. People are nuts. You think mass shootings are bad now? Wait until something like that occurs. I don't put much faith into people agreeing to turn in their guns. You are going to have some angry lunatics if that were ever the case.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Hunting certain animals is a sport. Whether you like it or not is another topic, but it's a sport for lots of people. In most cases, they do consume the meat, but I wouldn't say they're hunting just for food (some do that though).

It doesn't make the person "sick". That's a personal opinion, which you're entitled to. Lots of benefits to hunting animals.

There is a "50 feral hawgs in mah back yard" joke somewhere.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
He seemed okay for a short while (never a fan but I watched a few of his reviews and liked some, hated others, etc) but then I kinda realized he was a dipshit just by the way he acts and him always being loud, playing games with his annoying tag-along friends.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Didn't believe he used real guns in his and his brothers comical reviews.
I guess being brought up in a gun-loving-environment can't be easy to part from.
Hope they grow up someday. Their videos is still made in a fashion of a 20-year old eventhough that's part ofthe entertainment