• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

enMTW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do reviews from certain YouTubers get their own thread, rather than going in the review thread itself? Sorry if this is a common question, I just haven't seen it answered and it strikes me as odd.

Oct 27, 2017
I think Kratos might be angrier than Joe.

Love Joe's reviews, one of the best reviewers there is.

Ah, ok. Maybe people should start making threads for all late (as in after the game's release date) reviews, so we can have one central place for all of them rather than elevating one creators content above all others.

To be fair, his reviews are 30 minute long, so I think they should get their own thread. Probably the most in depth reviews out there.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why do reviews from certain YouTubers get their own thread, rather than going in the review thread itself? Sorry if this is a common question, I just haven't seen it answered and it strikes me as odd.
Tradition and a very common question.
Ah, ok. Maybe people should start making threads for all late (as in after the game's release date) reviews, so we can have one central place for all of them rather than uplifting one creators content above all others.
I don't look at it like uplifting this one person's review above others, people just like the guy (I personally don't care for his schtick).

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

We go through this every single AJ thread. It's because people make the threads and they get discussion.

If you want to post a review from a Youtuber there's nothing stopping you. Just realize it might not get much discussion.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

because certain reviewers go in depth enough to warrant their own thread

angry joe reviews are typically 20-30 minutes long and have a bit more substance than your usual 5 minute run down and score

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Joe probably just because it pisses people off.

Which I'm more than fine with. Joe puts in the hustle, so I'm glad he gets his own thread for exposure. Also pissing off thread whiners is always a plus in my book ;)

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Why does god of war get its own thread.

7/10 needs more BOI.

Will watch later, literally on the last hour of the game or so as i type, but the score is exactly how i feel.

enMTW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, this time the answer can actually be that the review thread has been locked lol

That makes sense. I'd like to see a general 'late breaking review' thread, for all the in-depth YouTube reviews and written content that comes out after the game's release. That way one creator isn't being elevated above everyone else *and* we can have a generally less toxic discussion, now that the consensus opinion is known and the game is actually available for posters to play.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That makes sense. I'd like to see a general 'late breaking review' thread, for all the in-depth YouTube reviews and written content that comes out after the game's release. That way one creator isn't being elevated above everyone else *and* we can have a generally less toxic discussion, now that the consensus opinion is known and the game is actually available for posters to play.
But that is just Review Thread OT 2.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It would be kind of funny if a 9 (a great score imo) by AJ is what ends up dropping GoW from 95 to 94, as it currently seems to be on the brink after the 8 from Edge (only Portal 2 PS3 is below it in the 95 range).

We would then get Angry Joe vs Angry Fans, as some tend to take their MC a bit too seriously. :)

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Some reviews come out much later after the initial rush, some offer really in-depth analysis, some take a different approach. There is no good reason why X review doesn't get it's own thread and why Y review does. If you find a reason to make a thread about something: make it. If the mods deem it trash, it'll get locked. If the community deems it trash, it'll fall off the front page quickly.

enMTW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some reviews come out much later after the initial rush, some offer really in-depth analysis, some take a different approach. There is no good reason why X review doesn't get it's own thread and why Y review does. If you find a reason to make a thread about something: make it. If the mods deem it trash, it'll get locked. If the community deems it trash, it'll fall off the front page quickly.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/angry-joe-god-of-war-review.38783/#post-7234018

Now that I have an answer to my question, I'm going to abandon thread - don't want to get in the way of the discussion about the actual video.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
I was watching Angry Joe playing this game on his Twitch streams and man he sucks at playing this game lol he mostly had to give the controller to Other Joe to many parts and he's not that great either ane they really didn't play close attention to many parts of the game

Oct 29, 2017
NL
He never played GoW before......

giphy.gif

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be kind of funny if a 9 (a great score imo) by AJ is what ends up dropping GoW from 95 to 94, as it currently seems to be on the brink after the 8 from Edge (only Portal 2 PS3 is below it in the 95 range).

We would then get Angry Joe vs Angry Fans, as some tend to take their MC a bit too seriously. :)

did the edge 8 actually happen? I can't tell if it's just a running joke or not lol