• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
SPOILERS ON VIDEO!!!!

Plus another really *interesting* inputs in his review that I won't link to. Like women having to justify having a muscular body otherwise it's unrealistic and doubling down on his "Last of Us, Women" takes.

This is been discussed in his harassment accusation thread, but I feel it needs to be called out more directly.

So yeah, I guess Angry Joe gets his own thread once more, hopefully it's the last.

And I say this as someone who was a big fan a couple years ago

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
should be banned from this site. he's a hateful POS, regardless of whether or not those allegations against him are true

Lant_War that's not the ending, to more specifically answer your spoiler question (click at your own risk)
no

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
SPOILERS ON VIDEO!!!!

Plus another really *interesting* inputs in his review that I won't link to. Like women having to justify having a muscular body otherwise it's unrealistic and doubling down on his "Last of Us, Women" takes.

This is been discussed in his harassment accusation thread, but I feel it needs to be called out more directly.

So yeah, I guess Angry Joe gets his own thread once more, hopefully it's the last.

And I say this as someone who was a big fan a couple years ago

Same. I was a fan despite me liking Alex and Other Joe over Joe Vargas the past 2 years. I lost all respect for him with his TLOU2 review video.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
The 'buff' women argument has become such a weird thing on twitter. Like people unable to believe buff women exist now and can exist in a post-apocalyptic world.

It seems that it's true, the only way some man are able to deal with women on their games if if they fit in their idea of attractive woman.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand why he got where he is. Seems like such a piece of shit.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Kind of amazing that we managed to ban Skill Up (I actually didn't know this guy was a douche can anyone tell me what he did).

While a well known asshole like Angry Joe isn't banned. This guy is awful... I'm not gonna bother clicking his videos because his reviews were never actually good (kudos to his production value though).

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
I hope this is his last thread here.. he used to be a funny guy but lately he is going downhill.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I knew he was a bit of an idiot, but I always thought he was just playing a character.

Didn't realize he would stoop to this low of a level and actually agree with the shitheads saying TLOU2 is pushing the agenda of violence against straight white males committed by women is okay.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I was shocked, and now Twitch keeps recommending his streams when I visit the site. Thankfully I can block his youtube channel from being recommended.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
o3N0QnQ.jpg

Hell...hell never changes.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
While I'm in complete agreement that Angry Joe should be fully deplatformed from here, this misogynistic point-of-view of his is important to highlight considering how recently it comes after his predatory behavior towards women was exposed.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Its like he didn't even play the game. Judging by how people say he often just gets up and leaves the room in his let's plays, thats not surprising.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Longtime AJ fan here.

I hate to admit it, but I watched his review post-accusations.

What a shitty POV he has on this one. Now normally, I'm fine regarding people hating TLoU2 - but Joe clearly had a systemic bias and vitriol toward certain characters, simply by judging by the cover of their book. It's clear as day fro m the offset.

I'm moving on from this fucking guy.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Highly unlikely. Dude has been trash for a while, but people keep making threads about him.
Given how much garbage was given to light with the recent thread about his sexual harassment allegation, it's safe to say the anything from this guy should be banned.

Kind of amazing that we managed to ban Skill Up (I actually didn't know this guy was a douche can anyone tell me what he did).

While a well known asshole like Angry Joe isn't banned. This guy is awful... I'm not gonna bother clicking his videos because his reviews were never actually good (kudos to his production value though).
I think it's because SkillUp collabs with his brothers channel which is a Gamer™ channel.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Remember his video on the Battlefield 5 female soldiers outrage? What a heel turn.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Its like he didn't even play the game. Judging by how people say he often just gets up and leaves the room in his let's plays, thats not surprising.

Yep. This was surprising for me. How can you properly review a game if he is always talking to his friends, or leaving the room when cutscenes were occurring?

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Longtime AJ fan here.

I hate to admit it, but I watched his review post-accusations.

What a shitty POV he has on this one - across the majority of his long "review". Now normally, I'm fine regarding people hating TLoU2 - but Joe clearly had a systemic bias and vitriol toward certain characters, simply by judging by the cover of their book. It's clear as day fro m the offset.

I'm moving on from this fucking guy.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
He isn't the only reviewer that didn't care for the story. Seemed to enjoy the game play. Hope I don't get banned.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Then

I saw this stream live...He was constantly screaming over scenes, leaving the room, eating, drinking, then complaining about plot holes...Thathi friend had to explain to him weren't plot holes, to which he replied "See I don't give a shit about any of that"

The most egregious example was him screaming that the game tried to make the "death" of a "character" named "Danny" a big tragedy and he didn't care who the fuck Danny was because it was oh so poorly written...

The scene in question is the first time we encounter that "character"...in a body bag...and it's only important because we're told he was partnered with a character we actually know, hence his status is now unknown

He tried to push it as the new "MARTHA!" screaming "DANNY!!" over and over

It was embarrassing

Oct 25, 2017
I gave up watching him after The Last Jedi videos. I'm more disappointed that a streamer I actually like would call his review spot on.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This guy has always been a disrespectful piece of trash. In today's environment its just way more obvious. I hope folks encourage their friends to not give him views and spend their time on better content. (And fuck, they'll get hours of their lives back too because his videos ridiculously long and padded with screaming and whining.)

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I never saw the appeal either. People actually like his sketches?

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never understand how this dude got as far as he did with his channel. I remember watching a review from him back in like 2011 and feeling second hand embarrassment.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I've never been able to stand him or his tired, stupid schtick. Fuck his enabling flunkies, too.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Constantly ribbing on the game with 2 to 3 friends and passing the controller around and getting up from your seat has to be the absolute worst way to experience TLOU2

Status
Not open for further replies.