• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty amazing that James is still killin' it with this show. He's got talent out the ass.

Oct 25, 2017
James is a really bad actor, lol. Nothing he did really felt natural. As soon as he did the "close up adjust camera, then move back and speak" thing, I knew it was fake. Don't know why people keep doing that.

Good video though. Just undone by lots of tropes.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, been watching these the past few days, only gripe I have with it is that all the subtlety drops pretty fast IMO :(

Would have preferred a slower pacing and less
obvious supernatural elements.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
When I saw the title, I was expecting a normal episode about the many fakes, or at least one of them, with some kind of joke that it was making him sick or insane, and in the end he'd destroy it or something. An episode like this makes sense for Halloween, though.

It was OK.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he definitely wanted 150 to be his Halloween Special, so had to get the other ones out quick.

They've all be solid too. This one was a lot of fun!

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
James is a really bad actor, lol. Nothing he did really felt natural. As soon as he did the "close up adjust camera, then move back and speak" thing, I knew it was fake. Don't know why people keep doing that.

Good video though. Just undone by lots of tropes.

Yeah, his acting wasn't very good. But I also think it was kind of intentionally derivative. I bet it was fun to do. Not my favorite episode, but I always love AVGN.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This was fantastic and wonderfully silly. I love some of his horror/monster movie coverage, hes pretty much a historian of the genre so its nice to see him apply some of those tropes to AVGN. I hope he had a ton of fun making this.

The reflection in the arcade cabinet bit was superb.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
As a person who's seen a lot of found footage horror movies, James' acting was good in parts, a bit eh in others. Similarly the pacing jumped between feeling more natural/believable to more a bit fast-paced, which somewhat undermined the slow descent, but what are you going to do without making the video slow really? I appreciated it was lightly parodying found footage horror, but also had a tinge of seriousness and love for them as well. A lot of people hate on found footage horror, and it's definitely a required taste, but there's some surprisingly good ones in the genre and I could tell watching this that James has gone out of his way to see a number of them as well.

The end sequence I thought was pretty good and it wasn't a bad jumpscare. IT was helped the effects actually weren't bad and the creepy 'James face' they had at the end was actually pretty creepy looking. There was also a few subtle touches through the 'descent' which were well done.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My favourite part was when
the reflection on one of the cabinets moves completely separately from James which led him to panic. A classic trope which I enjoyed.

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I saw the trailer/teaser video for the other day. Totally forgot about a possible follow up.

Can't even find the original video, guessing he removed it.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, he had me going up through at least the first day. Haven't seen an AVGN video in a while. Glad to see he's still making great Halloween content!

Wark

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This is probably one of my favorite videos he's done in quite some time. Sure, he's not the greatest actor, but I'm not looking for masterclass acting in a YouTube video. It's a silly and fun little video series that kept my interest going.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
This was fun to watch. Amazing episode that had me laughing hard.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Recently got back into him, well, James Rolfe in general (been eating his horror movie stuff on a daily basis lately), definitely gonna check out this later.

Gotta say, of all the "internet funny anger critics" i can't believe how well AVGN has aged, the original and still the best!

Slash SeveN

Oct 25, 2017
Great watch. I'll never turn down Halloween content, and AVGN has done a few good ones over the years. The Berenstain Bears episode from last year was so much fun if anyone hasn't checked it out.