• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

darksniper

Sep 18, 2018
Tomb Raider was a solid episode. Still waiting on James to release another classic. It seems like he'll release a dud video, then outta nowhere drop a classic.

The most recent one that was on Silver Surfer/Sega CD/Action 52 tier was that Big Rigs episode. Easily a top 5 episode imo.

SSJLuffy

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the Earthbound episode was pretty great.

I can't believe I've been watching his content for about 8 years. He's released a lot of great videos over the years. Mr. Bucket being one of my favorites. Oddly enough i havent watched the AVGN movie yet. What's the consensus on that?

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Macaulay Culkin visited Red Letter Media earlier this week to film an episode of Best of the Worst and now it looks like he visited James to possibly film an episode of AVGN:
neuebitmapfrfbb.png

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the Resident Evil episode on Amazon. Best episode in awhile, but that may be my RE bias at work.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried to watch these on Prime with a VPN? (since it's not available in Europe)
Some VPN work well with Netlfix, so maybe some others work with Prime but I haven't tested...

Lothar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I love them all but there's definitely things he could find to gripe about in them. That would be hilarious and more interesting than this one.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
While the poop and vomit jokes may be a bit over done I won't lie and say the amazon era of nerd has been pretty great so far.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure? The update video he put out a few months ago made it sound like they only help edit. Earthbound was all him.

It makes sense though
The Earthbound one was an episode he has been wanting to do for a long time. Compare it to the ones that have come after and you'll see the quality drop like a rock, at least in terms of writing.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
To be honest, that seconmd Hylide game he showed looked pretty good to me. May still be flawed, but it looks alright and very ambitiously

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
To be honest, that seconmd Hylide game he showed looked pretty good to me. May still be flawed, but it looks alright and very ambitiously

Super Hydlide when you learn how to play is the only game in that series worth playing. Virtual Hydlide got the nerd pass because it literally always points where you need to go. We've seen enough evidence over the years that James is more likely to stick with a game if it's easy to figure out what to do.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell yes, another console review. I kinda find these to be my favorite since he goes over a variety of games.

Man, I kinda hope one of the games covered is "The Town With No Name", it looks like it was made entirely in MS Paint.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Surf Ninjas. Got its own game.

Also whaaaat the actual hell at Kang Fu. That COULDN'T be an official game.

Edit: To be continued? Well damn, is he gonna talk about something like the Commodore CDTV?

Also I remember some of those games that you could put into a CD player because it doubled as an audio CD. Plus the whole "This is a Dreamcast CD, please do not put this into any CD player" with the Dreamcast CD and trying the audio player with a game inserted, sometimes having special messages.

Last edited:

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit @ losing health when you jump. lol And that Kangaroos game segment was amazing. Great episode. What a piece of shit console!

Loved the UK swears at the start as well.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sad he didn't play/suffer through Beavers. It has one of the greatest endings in videogame history.

I've not played it in like 20 years, but it basically ends with the main character winking next to the girl beaver, saying "you finally got your beaver"

But yeah, Beavers has one of the biggest difficulty drop offs ever. The scrolling stuff at the start is nightmarish, but the other stuff is fine.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed the last couple of episodes actually, which is a nice surprise going by the usually mediocre output from the past few years.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The Amiga CD32 episode is the best he's done in a while. Only drawbacks were some lines that could've stood retakes, and more resignation than anger. But it flowed great (no pun intended). :)

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Now it's time to review The Town With No Name...or maybe it's Town With No Name. Either way, ti's absolutely horrible with terrible voice-acting, horrible gameplay, and 3D graphics that make the town look like it's made out of cardboard.

Beelzebud

Nov 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Now it's time to review The Town With No Name...or maybe it's Town With No Name. Either way, ti's absolutely horrible with terrible voice-acting, horrible gameplay, and 3D graphics that make the town look like it's made out of cardboard.

This game seems likes it was kinda ahead of its time with the edgy humor (at least in early 90s video games). That Shane bit made me chuckle.

Last edited:

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I still think Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is the shittier game. Town With No Name is actually funny. The scene with him leaving the town had me in stitches.