• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you expect the Animal Crossing Direct?

• February 5th or 6th

Votes: 58 6.6%
  • February 12th or 13th

Votes: 119 13.5%
  • February 19th or 20th

Votes: 297 33.7%
  • Later Feburary

Votes: 123 13.9%
  • Early March

Votes: 127 14.4%
  • No Direct

Votes: 158 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Philia

Oct 25, 2017
Same, I still don't grasp how to properly lay out my flower so I'll have to look into it.
My first ever pic I tweeted of New Leaf was about Philia putting flower the right way in my town, she was such a good help.
28463f8a-48e0-4305-b8yj10.jpeg

It's going to be much easier/faster to share stuff with the Switch, on 3DS you had to use a separate app.
I"m HERE I'm HERE finally! :D I'm so happy you guys allowed me to work on your gardens! That was the best time of my life. I'd love to do it again! :D

EDIT: Oh man, this avatar lmao. I need to update it with New Horizons. Zigg made this avatar and its memorable lmao.

EDITx2: I'm also on discord. I've been reconnecting with a bunch on there. I'm also on twitter with you too I believe. Hope to chat with you soon!

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
How were the special characters in New Leaf? They were my favourite part in WW and CF, hoping we get some great ones this time again.
Isabelle is the best and the star of the show, no wonder why she is so popular. She is both cute and funny.
But I feel they toned down previous special characters a bit, like Blathers (he has way less dialogue) or Celeste (poor thing was barely useful, it felt like the devs were like "oh, we forgot Celeste, let's find her something to do" at the last minute).
Some of the new ones are cool and have some fun personnalities (Leif or Luna for exemple) but some feel a bit too plain despite great designs like Digby or Reese (they are just...there, being nice to you)
Overall, they still have a lot of charm but I think WW was a bit better.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I've never played an AC game before and am looking forward to this one, except it would be nice to know what the fucking game is! No direct with 1 month to go seems weird to me, I hope they're not hiding anything.

Philia

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played an AC game before and am looking forward to this one, except it would be nice to know what the fucking game is! No direct with 1 month to go seems weird to me, I hope they're not hiding anything.

Oh its a very laid back kind of sim. But the great thing about the series is that you can go HARD at it like I do or you can take it one hour one day at a time. AC is self paced kind of game.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Oh its a very laid back kind of sim. But the great thing about the series is that you can go HARD at it like I do or you can take it one hour one day at a time. AC is self paced kind of game.
Exactly. It was sold to me as a game you don't need to play a lot or else it becomes very repetitive but that's not it, at all. It is a game you can go all out if you want or play in short sessions.

Sloth

Nov 27, 2017
Decided to get this digitally yesterday so I now have it all preloaded. Made sense as I'll be dipping in a few times a day and I didn't want to keep changing the cartridge if I wanted to play something else.

Hopefully we'll get the AC direct this coming week.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Decided to get this digitally yesterday so I now have it all preloaded. Made sense as I'll be dipping in a few times a day and I didn't want to keep changing the cartridge if I wanted to play something else.

Hopefully we'll get the AC direct this coming week.
Your avatar makes me wish Leif is back lol. He was one of my fav new special characters. Hopefully he will be confirmed soon.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Your avatar makes me wish Leif is back lol. He was one of my fav new special characters. Hopefully he will be confirmed soon.
I drew him recently at that made me think about the guy. I didn't care much about the New Leaf characters because they just didn't have many dialogues until the Welcome Amiibo trucks came around...
They decided to streamline everything shop-related so after a while it felt like talking to vending machines whenever you went to the shop area.
Blathers specially. Maybe it's because of the contrast with earlier games, but I could swear he only had lines for "thanks for your donation, this reminds me of something i won't tell you about" and "we already have that, sorry".

That's my main worry with New Horizons, basically. I want to take my time talking with everyone. Lots and lots of dialogues and situations, maybe have some errands you can do for the non-vilager characters, more backstories for them...

If it's the same as New Leaf, I won't really care that much about the new crafting mechanics since that'd mean the game is only geared towards decorating the town.

How were the special characters in New Leaf? They were my favourite part in WW and CF, hoping we get some great ones this time again.
^^Since this seems to reply to you as well...

At first they were great, though. It's just that most of their dialogues and scenes take place when you enter the shop for the first time, so you kind of expect that they keep having new things to say, but nope.

As for character designs I found them fun, to be honest. The Re-Tail couple was easily the best, but they also expanded on Kapp'N and his family. I really hope this new game expands on Leif, the flower shop guy and Luna, the Dream Suite host, since those were new ones that suffered the most from just being there for the shop.

Eventually you could unlock the Coffee Shop and the Welcome Amiibo trucks and squeeze some dialogues out of them, but I don't remember ever encountering them in those places, as it was random who would appear out of all special characters.

Last edited:

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The radio silence for this is pretty lame.

I'm one of the biggest AC fanboys known to man but they've not yet got me.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I"m HERE I'm HERE finally! :D I'm so happy you guys allowed me to work on your gardens! That was the best time of my life. I'd love to do it again! :D

EDIT: Oh man, this avatar lmao. I need to update it with New Horizons. Zigg made this avatar and its memorable lmao.

EDITx2: I'm also on discord. I've been reconnecting with a bunch on there. I'm also on twitter with you too I believe. Hope to chat with you soon!
Yay! I hope we can get most people that was on the previous forum as well.
Just joined as well, Kouriozan#2106 if someone here can verify me.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
This is only on some sites like cjs cdkeys where you have to install an account to get the game (which is super against the TOS).
If you get a key and activate it through the eShop, you're fine.

Ahh ok, so this link is fine then?

www.cdkeys.com

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Switch (EU & UK)

Buy Animal Crossing: New Horizons Switch for EU ✔️ CD Key ✔️ Instant download code ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Digital Download ✔️

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played an AC game since the DS version.

Do they still have the s/nes games?

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i just bought a switch lite for this game... its one of my fav games of all time just because I can play the multiplayer with my daughter while I am overseas working (3ds). I need to fish now, I need some bug catching now!

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
I can't be the only one who is trying to start the game once a day, wishing that Nintendo would've messed up somehow and you could already access the game..?

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
I did it yesterday for the first time. Probably won't be the last time.

I remember doing the similar thing with SSBU and I almost pissed myself at the end of November when the actual "checking if the game can be played" suddenly took like couple seconds longer than usual. Desperate times I know...

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019

Yay! It's good to see you again Philia
I still need to join the discord, should probably o that this week.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Ok so I saw a 10% discount on all games on TGC, including so I actually pre-ordered this game together with some other stuff..

I had no intention to buy this but I'm weak and wanted another new Nintendo game :P what did I invest my money in? Just a time sink or can you actually "beat" an animal crossing game?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ok so I saw a 10% discount on all games on TGC, including so I actually pre-ordered this game together with some other stuff..

I had no intention to buy this but I'm weak and wanted another new Nintendo game :P what did I invest my money in? Just a time sink or can you actually "beat" an animal crossing game?
Congrats, you just invested in fun. You can't really beat AC though. You kind of set your own goal(s). Only real fixed goal is to pay off your debt to Tom Nook. After that it's just whatever you want. Collecting all the fish, fruits, bugs, fossils, rocks or furniture sets. Building out your home and decorating it how you want. Or developing your town, getting access to all the shops and shop upgrades, landscaping and building improvements around town.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Congrats, you just invested in fun. You can't really beat AC though. You kind of set your own goal(s). Only real fixed goal is to pay off your debt to Tom Nook. After that it's just whatever you want. Collecting all the fish, fruits, bugs, fossils, rocks or furniture sets. Building out your home and decorating it how you want. Or developing your town, getting access to all the shops and shop upgrades, landscaping and building improvements around town.

Thanks.

As I thought.. I guess if I'm not in to it.. I guess I'll give it to my wife feels like something she would be in to. Maybe with a Switch lite.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they could/would bring NES games back and just let you play/display what's already available on the Online service

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Question 3: What two villagers do you want to start on your island?

(I'll come back to this one)

Oct 28, 2017

I would like one of the new villagers as one of my first few villagers, especially that cat with glasses or the sassy looking horse. I have already decided that I'm going to try to never reset my town to change the outcome if I can help it (barring totally unrecoverable data).

I never answered the first two questions, but I have a preference for oranges for fruit and I usually name my towns after a place from another video game (some previous place names were Prontera, Reveria, and Pallet Town). Haven't chosen a name for an island yet.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

Of the villagers confirmed so far, I really want Agnes (we are birthday twins). My favorite villager is Rasher and I would like to see him confirmed via a Nintendo Direct or some other marketing material.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
I picked this up last night because I saw it listed for £36 on another thread.

If im honest I do think the art style makes it look like its for 5 years. But I know a lot of people who enjoy this series so I want to give it a try

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Grizzly and Marshal.

Grizzly was my favourite villager and Marshal is my favourite designed villager.

I had both in my first town though. Dunno whether to reset to get one or just go along with who I have and hope I can get them back.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Have they explained Amiibo functionality yet? Because if it guarantees villagers, I need to start getting Amiibo card packs.