• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you expect the Animal Crossing Direct?

• February 5th or 6th

Votes: 58 6.6%
  • February 12th or 13th

Votes: 119 13.5%
  • February 19th or 20th

Votes: 297 33.7%
  • Later Feburary

Votes: 123 13.9%
  • Early March

Votes: 127 14.4%
  • No Direct

Votes: 158 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'm glad we've done away with the pretence of discussing the latest in micro-analysed Switch accessories. Let's not have a repeat of the New Leaf hype thread on the old site that got shut down for being too "lewd". *shudder*

Also I've always called my town Koholint in the past, so the fact we have an Island now is just gravy to me.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to my first 'real' Animal Crossing game and I'm looking forward to it. I feel like I may lose interest quickly though once the initial 'newness' of it wears off and I realise that this is all there is to the game, but I'm still willing to give it a shot.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a sequel to the 'Animal Crossing: New Leaf comes out in a month.' from GAF?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I need it, I also need my Rolf in my island.
Also wtf it release in 45 days and we still haven't got any official news since forever.

I participated in this one, I remember the topic suddenly turning very lewd.

Ah OK so it was that kinda thread lol. Sorta got the impression people were angry or something.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
wKq9EFZ.png

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how QR code sharing will work since the Switch has no camera.

I could see them using the NSO app so you use your phone to scan QR codes. However, it's probably easier to just have a sharing feature like Mario Maker and Smash where you can download other people's designs from a portal.

Saying that, QR codes did make sharing designs on the web really easy.

And if QR codes are no more, could we see designs allowing for more colours?

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been this hyped for a game in a long time, the ultimate escape

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
My fiancée will be deciding the name, and she'll be playing the game more than I will but I'm still ridiculously excited. I loved watching her play New Leaf, in fact it's the only time I've really ever enjoyed watching someone else play through a game regularly. However I'm actually really excited to just play it myself too. We have a 4 month old now and although young he is clearly taking in a lot, and when I was playing KH3 before he was born he used to kick like crazy (I'm guessing because of the music), and since he's been born he gets really excited watching me play games like that and stuff like Tetris Effect. I'm trying to steer clear of anything violent while he's awake or able to see the TV but the colourfulness and sounds of AC I'm sure are going to help him enjoy watching it too.

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
I am not sure actually. I'll probably end up stealing one of Wind Waker's names or using the name of my home town for the 5th time.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't that bad, the topic in general I mean.
We were adding ourself on 3DS to sent Swapnotes and I loved all those drawing. I even sent some badly drawn.
We were talking about how we would name our town too.
I also remember Philia who would go into our town putting flowers the right way.
My avatar at that time was Rolf so I might put him back for the hype.

Last edited:

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
This is the kind of game I feel would be perfect for digital since I can jump in and out of it at my leisure. Shame the promotion with the eShop game vouchers ended. Never bought those, but I do have eshop credit put aside.

I've been checking the eshop weekly to see if I could pre-order it, but still no dice. I guess it'll be available soon enough.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait so I'm trying not to think about it too much or it would consume me. I already had dreams about it lol.
Unsure what to call my town, as always

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if "Island" will be attached to the name or not. What if you name it "Fun Island" but everyone refers to it as "Fun Island Island"?

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I want to be excited but the way New Leaf turned out... I'm not so sure. Anyway I have a voucher ready for it so...

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I'll likely just reuse the same name I used for New Leaf. Grew rather fond of it even if it was a bastardisation of another language.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty impressive when the first game in the series came out in 2001.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I called my New Leaf town Threed and it was perfect, being an Earthbound reference and also a play on 3-D by coincidence.

No idea about New Horizons yet. I'll figure it out.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Did Phila make it over to era?
When New Leaf first came out they helped with my flowers. No idea how to do that again

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
I want to be hyped for this but I can't tell right now what type of game it is.
Is this some kind of cutesy Sims/ type affair or something completely different?

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
I want to be hyped for this but I can't tell right now what type of game it is.
Is this some kind of cutesy Sims/ type affair or something completely different?

Your not really managing when you go to the toilet and stuff, you just fish, catch bugs and talk with your villagers.
Maybe if they have an animal crossing direct it would be good to watch it, might give you a better sense of what it's about.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
This is my most-anticipated game this year. No idea what I'm going to name my town, but I can't wait to have the game in my hands next month.

I'm going to order it digitally as soon as I can.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Did Phila make it over to era?
When New Leaf first came out they helped with my flowers. No idea how to do that again
Same, I still don't grasp how to properly lay out my flower so I'll have to look into it.
My first ever pic I tweeted of New Leaf was about Philia putting flower the right way in my town, she was such a good help.
28463f8a-48e0-4305-b8yj10.jpeg

It's going to be much easier/faster to share stuff with the Switch, on 3DS you had to use a separate app.

Last edited:

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what crazy project I can attempt in this one as a followup to my balloon dog museum exhibition.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think this game is going to be a bit of a critical disappointment but I haven't played an AC game seriously since 2005(!) so I'm hyped just for the pure nostalgia of it.

Oct 27, 2017
I am super hyped for NH and to be able to play with all of you ✨ I'm thinking of naming my town/island Tiramisu (but I'll also look into japanese town names, just in case).

As for villagers I hope I get: Kiki (for sure, my favorite), Sally, Purrl, Whitney, Merengue, Lily, and I need to think of a grumpy one as well. I hope we get at least 10 neighbors.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
I'm unreasonably hyped for this, currently my most wanted game and I already requested a day off for it. Had never played Animal Crossing before New Leaf, which then became my most played game on the 3DS by a large margin. 44 days to go.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
HYPE. My town name is super-secret. Can't tell anyone. Need to know basis only. It's above your pay grade, sorry.

I just need my boy Curly to move in.