• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you expect the Animal Crossing Direct?

• February 5th or 6th

Votes: 58 6.6%
  • February 12th or 13th

Votes: 119 13.5%
  • February 19th or 20th

Votes: 297 33.7%
  • Later Feburary

Votes: 123 13.9%
  • Early March

Votes: 127 14.4%
  • No Direct

Votes: 158 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
It's crazy how we got barely any information of this game and it's coming out in a month.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
If you're not going to buy games digitally and resell physical ones when you're done, you're probably ok with the onboard storage.

When it comes to controllers, you probably want to buy a pro controller as a second controller rather than another pair of joycons if you're going to be playing on TV at all. It's a more traditional controller.

As for other accessories, you probably want to get a tempered glass screen protector to make sure the switch doesn't get scratched, which can happen, and the whole putting in and out of the dock thing raises that chance.

Thanks. I'll look into Pro controllers. Any recommendations for a Pro Controller? I assume just the official one is ideal even if it costs a bit more. Beyond that, I'm more curious about screen protectors. Any suggested brands? Thanks for all your help.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Thanks. I'll look into Pro controllers. Any recommendations for a Pro Controller? I assume just the official one is ideal even if it costs a bit more. Beyond that, I'm more curious about screen protectors. Any suggested brands? Thanks for all your help.
The official one or the 8bitdo SN30 Pro+ are great choices. Other controllers are usually missing features (like gyro or NFC), or aren't wireless.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm a big fan of the official Pro Controller, but I know people like plenty of others like the 8bitdo controllers and such. Definitely grab a glass screen protector, most brands work well but I've used Orzly and AmFilm in the past.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Have we ever heard more on Amiibo support? Very curious how they are going to use the figures and cards.
This game basically had 0 official new info since E3 2019, 8 months ago.
We're forced to look at leaked accessories and promotion materials to speculate about the new stuff, this is getting insane and the game release in 39 days.

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
That CDKeys offer is a fantastic deal. Was holding out but decided this is the perfect game to own digitally and I doubt the price will get better any closer to launch. Now I've got the torture of having it downloaded on my Switch for a month and not being able to play it

RealDealRusty

Jan 8, 2019
I wonder if we'll see any of the Happy Home Design room decorating features in the game? In the footage, we've seen it's still the normal push and pull, but I hope there is some way when dealing with multiple rooms.

SonicRift

Oct 27, 2017
Got 2 Switches then?
To elaborate: Weemadarthur asks this because you're only allowed a single island per switch, shared by all profiles, and it would suck if you found this out on release day and you share a switch.
...I'm a Resetera user. Of course I know this!
And yeah, we've got a Switch and a Switch Lite. The real bummer is that we assumed my wife with the Switch Lite would be able to at least occasionally play her game on the TV through cloud saves. But that's not something a dirty Switch Lite player is allowed to do in a 2 Switch household.

Dalto11

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to carrying Cyrodiil forward onto an actual Island, and spending far more time than I care to admit creating my island flag.

YOilggi.png

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
this and doom on the same day is an amazing combo

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Ever since WW I"ve been super active about playing with people in MP. This time I'm planning on soaking in my town slowly with my SO (now that we can FINALLY play together AND live in the same town). I'll eventually want to play online with other people, but this will be the first time in about 15 years where I plan on just keeping my eden to just the confines of my real home.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I need to get all the fruits and strike it rich in the Stalk Market ASAP, so I'll be spending time with others online at the start for sure. Beyond that I'm not sure how much I'll engage in multiplayer though. Depends on what's available and how well the online is setup. I did do a fair amount with other people in NL, like Tortimer Island games but 99% of my time was still solo play.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got myself a Switch so I'm pretty much all in.

The AC Direct will be the first one I actually, really, look forward to.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Waaaay too much lol. You can get better looking shells off Aliexpress for like $20 total. Like they're way sharper looking:

420ee75dcc.png
I'm really tempted to open my joycons to do this as well as replace the rail mechanism with the metal one so my joycons randomly stop sliding off during gameplay...

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Guys, do we have a high quality image of the key art? I have a project in mind for the release of the game and I need to catch all the tiny details in that artwork but sadly the biggest image I can find is just 1920x1171 pixels, Google reverse search has two bigger artworks but the image is washed so they aren't in it's native resolution ):

TomNinetyTwo

Oct 27, 2017
Solihull, UK
Guys, do we have a high quality image of the key art? I have a project in mind for the release of the game and I need to catch all the tiny details in that artwork but sadly the biggest image I can find is just 1920x1171 pixels, Google reverse search has two bigger artworks but the image is washed so they aren't in it's native resolution ):
Best I could find for you :) https://animalcrossingworld.com/wp-...orizons-key-artwork-january-2020-9000wide.jpg

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017

TomNinetyTwo

Oct 27, 2017
Solihull, UK
Omg thank you so much! This will help me a lot.
But I'm pretty sure there's a even bigger picture out there because of this:
EQfT8_oU0AA1lii.jpg:large

EDIT: I just opened in my PC and is much better! Thank you!!! I dont know why my phone didnt opened the pic in its full glory. THANKS AGAIN! (:
My pleasure :) and yeh I think phones will struggle with displaying it as it's such a massive image! Good luck with your lil project ^_^

1 gift from FaceHugger

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from FaceHugger FaceHugger!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

FaceHugger said:
• This Nintendo Switch Online* trial code cannot be redeemed by a Nintendo Account with an active Individual Membership or Family Membership.

Your Nintendo Switch Online trial code can be redeemed starting March 19, 2020 at 9:00 PM (Pacific Time).

• In countries and regions where auto-renewal is available, your Nintendo Switch Online trial will automatically convert into a paid monthly membership at the end of the trial period, unless you turn off automatic renewal before the end of the trial. Upon conversion of your trial to a full membership, and on an ongoing basis thereafter, we will charge you the membership amount unless and until you turn off automatic renewal. Credit card/PayPal account required for users age 18 and up.

How to redeem:
1. Select "Nintendo eShop" on the HOME Menu to launch the Nintendo eShop.
2. Select the account you want to use.
3. Select "Enter Code" on the left side of the screen.
4. Enter the 16-character download code.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (USA) Nintendo Switch (USA): Nintendo Switch Online trial code - Won by (11 entries)

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Any chance we might see an AC themed pro controller? I've been looking into buying one soon but not sure if I should wait. I feel like it's been a while since we've had a new themed one and didn't think it would happen but there have been so many accessories announced I was wondering if that might happen too.

Oct 28, 2017
Any chance we might see an AC themed pro controller? I've been looking into buying one soon but not sure if I should wait. I feel like it's been a while since we've had a new themed one and didn't think it would happen but there have been so many accessories announced I was wondering if that might happen too.
There's always a chance, but with the Power A Enhanced Wireless Controllers that have been revealed I would personally lean on the side of there being no Animal Crossing Pro Controller in the works. That being said, I'd wait at least until March 10th before buying another option.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
This game basically had 0 official new info since E3 2019, 8 months ago.
We're forced to look at leaked accessories and promotion materials to speculate about the new stuff, this is getting insane and the game release in 39 days.
Hot take: I like this? I feel like mystery is a great part of Animal Crossing's charm.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Wow this game is 7 on the UK eshop chart and it's just a pre-order.
I think this game will do well

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
There's always a chance, but with the Power A Enhanced Wireless Controllers that have been revealed I would personally lean on the side of there being no Animal Crossing Pro Controller in the works. That being said, I'd wait at least until March 10th before buying another option.
I guess I'll hang on and see. The Power A ones look nice although if I'm spending near the price of a Pro Controller and not getting HD Rumble and Gyro I'm probably better off going with the Pro.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
The official one or the 8bitdo SN30 Pro+ are great choices. Other controllers are usually missing features (like gyro or NFC), or aren't wireless.

One downside to the SN30 Pro + is that it wont turn your Switch on. You'll have to walk up and turn on the system manually, then turn on the controller separately every single time. I bought one recently without knowing this and then ended up returning it to Amazon and getting a Pro

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

It's kind of ugly, but there is a KK Slider one:

www.target.com

PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch - Animal Crossing K.K. Slider

Read reviews and buy PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch - Animal Crossing K.K. Slider at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

Oh, and one with Tom Nooks kids:

PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch - Animal Crossing Timmy and Tommy

Read reviews and buy PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch - Animal Crossing Timmy and Tommy at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.