• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you expect the Animal Crossing Direct?

• February 5th or 6th

Votes: 58 6.6%
  • February 12th or 13th

Votes: 119 13.5%
  • February 19th or 20th

Votes: 297 33.7%
  • Later Feburary

Votes: 123 13.9%
  • Early March

Votes: 127 14.4%
  • No Direct

Votes: 158 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 2, 2019
When I preload I always try to start it hoping Nintendo messed up and forgot to lock it behind the release time. lol

Ahahahahah i did that with the FFVII release! Even worse, i got the release dates mixed and when it didn't run one week before release i ended up contacting Nintendo just to be told "Erm... sir, i understand your frustration, but the game doesn't release until next week. Sorry"

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone. I have a quick question. I've tried googling around and can't seem to find any solutions. I just tried preloading new horizons on both my OG switch and also my lite, and it keeps timing out and won't download.
I've double and triple checked my internet connection (played a couple rounds of Tetris 99 in between attempts) while trying to download the game. I've taken my SD card out and tried downloading without an SD card and it still times out and won't download.
Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Hey everyone. I have a quick question. I've tried googling around and can't seem to find any solutions. I just tried preloading new horizons on both my OG switch and also my lite, and it keeps timing out and won't download.
I've double and triple checked my internet connection (played a couple rounds of Tetris 99 in between attempts) while trying to download the game. I've taken my SD card out and tried downloading without an SD card and it still times out and won't download.
Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

What is the error message you get?

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
What happens when you download it on only one system?

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
What is the error message you get?
I get the error code 2137-0240
What happens when you download it on only one system?
I first tried download on my main switch (my lite) I noticed the icon wasn't showing up and then an x started flashing over the download bar. I restarted my switch a couple times and shut it down. So then I tried going to my OG unit and tried downloading it from there. It did the same thing. I've only tried redownloading the game on one system at a time.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I've been streaming the GameCube Animal Crossing for 189 hours and plan on leaving the thing running until March 20th. If you want some mellow AC Jams hour by hour, that's not a bad way to do it.

I'm still bummed that I have to decide whether I'll be playing on my Switch Lite or Switch Heavy since there's no way to transfer saves yet.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I get the error code 2137-0240

I first tried download on my main switch (my lite) I noticed the icon wasn't showing up and then an x started flashing over the download bar. I restarted my switch a couple times and shut it down. So then I tried going to my OG unit and tried downloading it from there. It did the same time.
I got the X as well but I thought that was because I had a bad connection at the time. When I came home I tried downloading it again and turns out my SD card died on me. Downloading it to the internal storage still worked.

This (luckily) is a different case though. Have you tried downloading something else like a free demo?

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I got the X as well but I thought that was because I had a bad connection at the time. When I came home I tried downloading it again and turns out my SD card died on me. Downloading it to the internal storage still worked.

This (luckily) is a different case though. Have you tried downloading something else like a free demo?
I'll go and try downloading a demo real quick. I'm currently trying to download it directly to the system without my SD card inside, and it's stuck at 0%

Jun 22, 2019
I much prefer the simple design on the official Nintendo case, but I do like the RDS gimmick zippers.

www.target.com

Nintendo Switch Game Traveler Deluxe Travel Case - Animal Crossing: New Horizon

Read reviews and buy Nintendo Switch Game Traveler Deluxe Travel Case - Animal Crossing: New Horizon at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

No reason to own both though and the art on that one is on the tacky side anyway. I just really dig that little leaf zipper.

Last edited:

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017

I tried downloading a new demo, and the same error popped up. Says "Unable to communicate with the server. Please try again later"
Hmm I guess I'll give customer service a call.

Oct 28, 2017
I much prefer the simple design on the official Nintendo case, but I do like the RDS gimmick zippers.

www.target.com

Nintendo Switch Game Traveler Deluxe Travel Case - Animal Crossing: New Horizon

Read reviews and buy Nintendo Switch Game Traveler Deluxe Travel Case - Animal Crossing: New Horizon at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

No reason to own both though and the art is on that one is on the tacky side anyway. I just really dig that little leaf zipper.
That aloha leaf design is hands down one of my favorite design elements in a game in a long time. Is it bad that I'm halfway tempted to get it just to pry off the zipper toggle with some pliers and put it onto the official case?

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I tried downloading a new demo, and the same error popped up. Says "Unable to communicate with the server. Please try again later"
Hmm I guess I'll give customer service a call.
This is really weird. At least it's not your SD card. Maybe try a different network if you have access to it, to see if that changes anything. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
This is really weird. At least it's not your SD card. Maybe try a different network if you have access to it, to see if that changes anything. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
I do have another network I can connect to that I can try.
It's all good, thanks for trying to help me solve this haha!

Edit: my second network didn't work either haha. I'll give customer service a call :)

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Yay. So I called customer service, and they recommended doing a power cycle with my modem and router. After I did that, my downloads started working again! Yay! Downloading NEW HORIZOOOOOOONSSSSSSSSS

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if there are aftermarket joy-con shells out there that look similar to the AC Switch shells in terms of color?

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
Was looking around for an AC soundtrack on Spotify and found one (which literally 5 minutes later was taken down...)

but then I stumbled upon a KK Slider Covers album including a cover of Toto's Africa...never knew I needed this until now

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I just pre-ordered the game digitally and already pre-downloaded it.

Guess I was more hyped than I thought.

Jun 22, 2019
My one desire is for the game to make me feel relaxed while I play it.
That's all I want.
Don't let me down, Nintendo! I NEED THIS.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want that bag.... like... badly..

I was going to get a digital copy of the game so my wife and I can "game share" but I think I'll also pick up a physical copy so I can play on my Switch away from an internet connection.

ReactionShot

Oct 25, 2017
I was trying to preorder the limited AC-themed Switch and it is already sold out everywhere. Just out of curiosity, is there still any chance to get one at/after the release date?

Namea

Dec 2, 2017
I was trying to preorder the limited AC-themed Switch and it is already sold out everywhere. Just out of curiosity, is there still any chance to get one at/after the release date?
I heard that some stores are going to get special editions, but I'd rather leave the details to the American folks here.
Ironically, it's still available on Amazon Germany. Rather pricey, though...

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

If you live in the US, Amazon/Best Buy/GameStop/Target/Walmart have had it come back in stock several times to pre-order. An account on Twitter (AC Pocket News I think is the name) has been tweeting when it comes back in stock. Once orders start getting validated for shipping I am sure many will be cancelled for payment reasons so that would free up stock too.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm losing it, I need to see Nogami dressing up as Harvey again

ReactionShot

Oct 25, 2017
I heard that some stores are going to get special editions, but I'd rather leave the details to the American folks here.
Ironically, it's still available on Amazon Germany. Rather pricey, though...

If you live in the US, Amazon/Best Buy/GameStop/Target/Walmart have had it come back in stock several times to pre-order. An account on Twitter (AC Pocket News I think is the name) has been tweeting when it comes back in stock. Once orders start getting validated for shipping I am sure many will be cancelled for payment reasons so that would free up stock too.

Thanks so much!

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
It's been a while since I've been excited for a game. I just love these games. My sister and I used to love comparing our stuff.

I think what has me most excited though, is that this will be my daughters first real Animal Crossing. She loves the phone app. So the ground work has been done already. Now she will play an actual game.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Was looking around for an AC soundtrack on Spotify and found one (which literally 5 minutes later was taken down...)

but then I stumbled upon a KK Slider Covers album including a cover of Toto's Africa...never knew I needed this until now
I was listening to those two the past few days

open.spotify.com

animal crossing vibes

animal crossing vibes · Playlist · 27 songs · 17.8K likes
open.spotify.com

AC Ambience

AC Ambience · Playlist · 133 songs · 18.3K likes

PhoenixSFT

Oct 25, 2017
Superior, CO
Ok, what if there's a Direct on the 14th and they said "Our Valentine to you is that you can play AC digitally TODAY!"

They did it with Wind Waker on the Wii U!

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ok, what if there's a Direct on the 14th and they said "Our Valentine to you is that you can play AC digitally TODAY!"

They did it with Wind Waker on the Wii U!
That would be cool and also suck a ton since everyone who is waiting on an AC Switch to replace their current system won't be able to transfer their island from their current switch to their new one. Not to mention all those people who are just waiting for that AC Switch as their first switch and now have to wait a whole month to play the game while everyone has it until that system comes out.