• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you expect the Animal Crossing Direct?

• February 5th or 6th

Votes: 58 6.6%
  • February 12th or 13th

Votes: 119 13.5%
  • February 19th or 20th

Votes: 297 33.7%
  • Later Feburary

Votes: 123 13.9%
  • Early March

Votes: 127 14.4%
  • No Direct

Votes: 158 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LexiStarrDust

Mar 31, 2019
This is so great, I'm going to order it, thank you!

Also holy heck, I did not expect to see you again! I was looking for preorder bonuses and just happened to find this thread. X3 This is Dusty from XSEED/New Leaf btw, how you been? :3 I still have nice memories of playing New Leaf together. X3

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Sill undecided. A direct might push me over the edge. Just saying, Furukawa-san.

I know you're reading this.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
This is so great, I'm going to order it, thank you!

Also holy heck, I did not expect to see you again! I was looking for preorder bonuses and just happened to find this thread. X3 This is Dusty from XSEED/New Leaf btw, how you been? :3 I still have nice memories of playing New Leaf together. X3
I am good and it is nice to see you again too! 😊 Hopefully we can make new memories in New Horizons.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
One new image from the eShop.

s6c2U1a.png

Jan 29, 2018
Does anyone know if you pre-order the digital version from Best Buy, do they send you the download code to pre-load now or not until release day?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
PLEASE let them actually catch bugs and fish this time. It pained me just seeing them walk around and not use the tools.
Yeah, actually seeing them succeed or fail to catch Fish/Bugs would be great. Especially if we can fuck with them and like scare away the bugs or bump into them and piss them off.

Fuck you Bertha you big dumb Rhino.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I just know I'm gonna cry when the game boots and I'm inside a bus again.

Though I guess this time it's going to be a boat?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
The game is irrefutably beautiful. I cannot fathom the mind of who doesn't think this is the massive visual leap the series needed.

Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE let them actually catch bugs and fish this time. It pained me just seeing them walk around and not use the tools.

Yeah, actually seeing them succeed or fail to catch Fish/Bugs would be great. Especially if we can fuck with them and like scare away the bugs or bump into them and piss them off.

Ah, yes please. Anything that adds more types of interactions/scenarios with villagers is a good thing.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
hey man, think of it this way: the original didn't have Kapp'n take you to the town, and neither did New Leaf. This is like an avian evolution of the porter monkeys.

edit:
I'm warming up to the new art style. I will always love the look of New Leaf. There was more texture and it felt very cozy.
Is this sarcasm? New Leaf is the ugliest Animal Crossing game by a country mile, everything is washed out, gross, amateurish, and sad looking.

I know, opinions, opinions... but I'm so incredibly grateful that they went back to what made the older games appealing and left New Leaf and its grossness behind

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
hey man, think of it this way: the original didn't have Kapp'n take you to the town, and neither did New Leaf. This is like an avian evolution of the porter monkeys.

edit:

Is this sarcasm? New Leaf is the ugliest Animal Crossing game by a country mile, everything is washed out, gross, amateurish, and sad looking.

I know, opinions, opinions... but I'm so incredibly grateful that they went back to what made the older games appealing and left New Leaf and its grossness behind
I'll agree with the washed out look, but the other descriptors... really?

LouieGeetoo

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if you pre-order the digital version from Best Buy, do they send you the download code to pre-load now or not until release day?
I've been trying to find this out. Best answer I got was via Twitter, but it wasn't very definitive: https://twitter.com/BestBuySupport/status/1227383362962128897?s=19

"...we typically send the code out on launch day and don't do so at a specific time."

If you try it, please do report back!

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019
GameStop finally revealed their preorder bonus, and it is (as rumored) a double-sided poster. It's actually pretty cute, I'm glad to be getting it. Here is the one side that has been shown so far:
IMG_20200214_144753.jpg

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Is that a hamster with the star shirt on, top poster?
Yes, his name is... Hamlet.

animalcrossing.fandom.com

Hamlet

“Or sports fields! Baseball! Football! The football where you don't use your feet!” ― Hamlet, New Horizons Hamlet (ハムスケ, Hamusuke?) is a jock hamster villager who first appears in New Leaf. His English and Japanese names start the same way as "hamster", his species. His name may refer to William...

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I really liked it because in the lyrics she's singing about how she'll never break his heart, to just think of her, and never be evil / be sad. But the entire reason he is on this rampage of his is because someone killed the only thing left to him from the person he cared about. It was really fitting as it kicked in as he entered the club in which the man who was responsible for the killing and stealing of everything she left behind for him was.
Yes, his name is... Hamlet.

animalcrossing.fandom.com

Hamlet

“Or sports fields! Baseball! Football! The football where you don't use your feet!” ― Hamlet, New Horizons Hamlet (ハムスケ, Hamusuke?) is a jock hamster villager who first appears in New Leaf. His English and Japanese names start the same way as "hamster", his species. His name may refer to William...

Adorable

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
So we don't know anything about the online for this game beyond the fact that it will be there in some capacity, right?
I'm really curious if there will be any asynchronous visiting or what.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So we don't know anything about the online for this game beyond the fact that it will be there in some capacity, right?
I'm really curious if there will be any asynchronous visiting or what.
I would assume Dream Worlds will return. Don't think anything beyond that would be feasible since the game doesn't require an online connection to play.

LexiStarrDust

Mar 31, 2019
I am good and it is nice to see you again too! 😊 Hopefully we can make new memories in New Horizons.
I am definitely hoping so! I feel like I have been waitinf for a new Animal Crossing for so long, since before Happy Home Designer (which I liked!) and Amiibo Festival (which I.. liked parts of). I forget, are we friends on the Switch? I know some of the old XSEED people added me back when but not sure who all did. X3

fixed for better accuracy

really need that direct :(
This is so accurate and hurts so much. :x I'm not sure why Nintendo is being SO tighht lipped this time around. I get that they announced New Leaf a bit too early, but we have barely a month before the game releases.

GameStop finally revealed their preorder bonus, and it is (as rumored) a double-sided poster. It's actually pretty cute, I'm glad to be getting it. Here is the one side that has been shown so far:
IMG_20200214_144753.jpg
Also, this looks like a very cute poster, but I am pretty happy with my bell bag combo from Best Buy... wonder if I can try to score a poster from Gamestop. X3

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
You know what the BIGGEST hype is for this game? Finally, a mainline Animal Crossing game with skin colour options.

Dear Nintendo, welcome to the 21st freaking century. Please understand that people with various skin colours exist.

Thank you and goodnight

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

edit:

I believe them wholeheartedly. New Leaf is a sad and soulless slog. But, I have a lot of stupid opinions.

What the fuuuuuuck
New Leaf was literally the only good looking ac game before New Horizons

LexiStarrDust

Mar 31, 2019
I personally love New Leaf, but I can see the soulless argument in one key area, and that was dialogue. It seemed like villagers cycled through their dialogue a LOT faster than in previous games (well, at least the Gamecube game, which I have the most experience with outside of New Leaf). But not just the villagers, but special characters were hit very hard too, with the little stories they had in previous games more or less gone. This especially hurt Blathers, who just... he wasn't even Blathers anymore! (I know we had the Museum tags, but I miss him blathering as his name implied). Poor Digby also had such little room to shine either...

I really hope that they fix this in New Horizons. It won't be a deal breaker if not, but that was my one real disappointment with New Leaf.

Graphically I think New Horizons looks great.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I'm barely an Animal Crossing fan because I disagree with most of you about what makes the series good

edit: btw new leaf has the worst soundtrack too *flees*