• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you expect the Animal Crossing Direct?

• February 5th or 6th

Votes: 58 6.6%
  • February 12th or 13th

Votes: 119 13.5%
  • February 19th or 20th

Votes: 297 33.7%
  • Later Feburary

Votes: 123 13.9%
  • Early March

Votes: 127 14.4%
  • No Direct

Votes: 158 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vitor

Oct 30, 2017
It's weird how much they're marketing it along with the Switch Lite, but only made a special edition a for the regular Switch...

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'd have done something about the all white buttons (maybe fill in the characters / symbols with the light blue), but I like it. Reminds me of the upcoming coral Lite:

wHP1SaL.jpg

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I still think that, like how Label & Kicks sell different and more specific clothing/shoes(also socks) respectively, we'll see other NPCs teach special things or handle related-but-different tasks

Shrunk could easily still be in but teach you more exaggerated emotions, maybe even dances. Or a way to learn emotions your villagers refuse to give you because the rng is not being kind.

Man remember how Wild World forced you to learn one emotion at a time based on Shrunk's random visits? We put up with a lot in that game.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
This honestly makes a lot more sense. Good change.
I'm not sad to lose Dr. Shrunk (if he really is gone), but this will actually likely make learning all the emotes take even longer because now they're like New Leaf's public works. Before, you were guaranteed one a day as long as you visited Dr. Shrunk each day but now it just depends on whether a villager wants to teach you one whenever they chase you down to tell you something.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bring back the Nes games ... you cowards
Nintendo's allergic to this now that they've seen how many people will pay for emulated games.

If Nintendo REALLY doesn't want to allow people to play NES/SNES games without paying, they could at least tie the feature to Switch Online since members already pay for access to a bunch of games.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
They have killed so many characters at this point.

Another one to the pile I guess.

I feel like everyday there's a new negative news.
The thing is, it doesn't need to be that way (negative news, I mean)
Why do they need to make an event out of learning basic emotes, like laughing or sneezing? Why not make that easier - like getting it from a villager - and make you earn a more unique emote from Dr Shrunk instead?

Same with Shampoodle.
Why make people gamble with a quiz to get the normal hairstyle they like? It's fun and quirky the first few times, but it's just kinda a pain otherwise.
Why not make Harriet a visitor that offers unusual unique hairstyles for those that seek them?

I'm not saying Dr Shrunk and Harriet are still in the game, who knows at this point, but just because they've made some things more convenient doesn't mean they can't exist.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
How would the game know if an item was "hot" or not? Only thing I can think of is a semi-confirmation that counterfeit paintings are still a thing.
Probably not that kind of hot lol. You can ask the Nooklings "What's hot today?" My guess is it's a random category or item that they'll pay a premium for that changes daily, and the warning is to indicate that you won't get bonus bells from putting it in the bin instead of selling it to them directly.

unknown.png

Oct 28, 2017
How would the game know if an item was "hot" or not? Only thing I can think of is a semi-confirmation that counterfeit paintings are still a thing.
A "hot" item likely refers to items that sell for more bells to the shop on that day. ReTail used to have this feature where they would select one to several items, either individual items ("Perfect Pear") or a category of items ("Sharks", "Beetles", "Wallpaper") and those items would be worth more to sell that day. You had to check the sign outside of ReTail on a daily basis to find out what the "hot" items were.

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I know the NES is never returning while NSO is still a thing, but I hope they'll at least bring back the minigame consoles from Welcome Amiibo. I could very easily get lost in some Desert Island Escape again, given the opportunity.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I know the NES is never returning while NSO is still a thing, but I hope they'll at least bring back the minigame consoles from Welcome Amiibo. I could very easily get lost in some Desert Island Escape again, given the opportunity.
playing Desert Island Escape while living on my Desert Island Getaway

Oct 28, 2017
This is the best Harvest Moon-type addition I've seen so far
Right? My first reaction was "oh wow, they added a Shipping Box, that's such great news"! I don't know how many people know that the 牧場物語 (Story of Seasons, previously known as Harvest Moon) franchise has been removing the shipping box in one entry and then adding it back into the next installment due to fan backlash for a while now. The last Shipping Box (in Trio of Towns) was an amazing deluxe model, I hope they stop trying to remove it from the game.

From an Animal Crossing perspective, inventory management was always the weakest feature in my opinion. That seems like something they really worked on in this game through adding a variety of different solutions. Certain items automatically stacking, being able to upgrade your inventory space, opening secret storage with the default house, and adding a "shipping box" to the store are all great options for any player who struggles to keep their inventory screen clean (like me).

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Right? My first reaction was "oh wow, they added a Shipping Box, that's such great news"! I don't know how many people know that the 牧場物語 (Story of Seasons, previously known as Harvest Moon) franchise has been removing the shipping box in one entry and then adding it back into the next installment due to fan backlash for a while now. The last Shipping Box (in Trio of Towns) was an amazing deluxe model, I hope they stop trying to remove it from the game.

From an Animal Crossing perspective, inventory management was always the weakest feature in my opinion. That seems like something they really worked on in this game through adding a variety of different solutions. Certain items automatically stacking, being able to upgrade your inventory space, opening secret storage with the default house, and adding a "shipping box" to the store are all great options for any player who struggles to keep their inventory screen clean (like me).
100% this.

And beyond inventory management we don't have to fill our houses with seabass fish tanks every night now.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Ever couple days, I randomly tap at the Animal Crossing icon on the Switch hoping for some reason it will just boot up...
I need this game to come out. Looking forward to, for the first time, playing it with someone in the same village (my kid).

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
They have killed so many characters at this point.

Another one to the pile I guess.

I feel like everyday there's a new negative news.
You need to lighten up a little pal. We've seen maybe a couple of hours of a game meant to last hundreds of hours.

Really hyped for this game but damn I feel like stardew has ruined animal crossing for me
In what sense? I really don't feel they're all that similar.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly can't relate to this at all. Stardew is good but man some act like it's God's Gift to life simulators at points.
It's just a game with different priorities to me. It doesn't seem nearly as relaxed as Animal Crossing, the presence of a stamina bar forces you to micromanage each "day". I put about 30-40 hours into it and enjoyed them, but didn't really feel like it could go beyond that for me.

I fully expect New Horizons to top my 250+ hours in new leaf.

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
Honestly Animal Crossing is the only life sim I can get into at all.
I tried Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley and couldn't handle all the micromanagement and planning that went into each day.

Namea

Dec 2, 2017
The Able Sisters' window display changes based on what is currently for sale:
Can't get over how many thoughtful little details like this they're adding. It's just so sweet!

Also super hyped to hear about the box! No more littering in front of the shop or a living room full of fish or bugs...

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
As someone that's been to Easter Island, I'm fucking BUZZING for this.
They were in New Leaf, too, in two forms:
A furniture item gifted by Gulliver: https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Gulliver's_Treasures

An outdoor public works project suggested by smug villagers: https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Public_Works_Projects

Check these lists for more things you can expect. Moai is likely a Gulliver gift in NH.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
The thing is, it doesn't need to be that way (negative news, I mean)
Why do they need to make an event out of learning basic emotes, like laughing or sneezing? Why not make that easier - like getting it from a villager - and make you earn a more unique emote from Dr Shrunk instead?

Same with Shampoodle.
Why make people gamble with a quiz to get the normal hairstyle they like? It's fun and quirky the first few times, but it's just kinda a pain otherwise.
Why not make Harriet a visitor that offers unusual unique hairstyles for those that seek them?

I'm not saying Dr Shrunk and Harriet are still in the game, who knows at this point, but just because they've made some things more convenient doesn't mean they can't exist.
Well we have no reasons to believe they are in the game, so it's better to assume they are not, instead of setting yourself up for disappointment.

Initially I had thoughts just like yours, "vanity will only unlock basic hairstyles and Shampoodle will have all the unique ones!" but then someone told be you unlock hairstyles/colors with Nook points or whatever. Yay so charming...