• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Also being able to place objects outside of your house will lead to way more personalization in people town.
I feel like too many people don't realise yet how big of a deal this actually is.
Villages will look nothing alike what we're used to.

1036863-22-article_m-1.PNG

SQ_NSwitch_AnimalCrossingNewHorizons_E3Presentation_07.jpg

You can create back yard not only to your house, but even to villagers' house (as seen in the first pic lol)
I can't wait to see how people will customize their towns.
Also, like you said, customisation of the character is huge. It has been introduced already in the spin offs, but it's finally here in a main game, especially skin tone.
And the clothes are way more stylish than before. Way more diverse, more realistic, cooler.
New Horizons will basically be by far the most customizable Animal Crossing experience.

Also, the Nook Miles system seem like a fun objective-based system. There's stuff like "collect X fish in a row without missing one", or "get X recipes of crafting", I love this kind of fun, stressless, little objectives.

The craft system, I see a lot of people being affraid of it, talking about how crafting is stressful, complicated in games... This right here seem like the most stressless crafting mechanics you could imagine lol. Just collect some stuff at your own pace, get some new recipes of crafting (we still don't know how, probably the Nook Miles can be a way to get some), and craft the stuff you like.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just want this game already. I was in grad school when New Leaf was out so it was hard to keep up with my one year challenge, but I am good to go with this game.

Oct 28, 2017
Free with pre-order at Target. They have this up now as well as the KK Slider controller:

GUEST_d3d8f1d9-15ed-484a-a5e8-8619562b6941

GUEST_0cb3b5d3-2726-4d2d-adcf-145ea9a53975

GUEST_7743b766-5045-460b-afea-679251fc3cdc
Great find, amazing preorder bonus that puts the EU items to shame. I don't think I'll get my hands on one of these since I'm buying digital, but those two whole pages of calendar are making me pretty sad. Did they really cut the number of important NPCs down to two birthdays in February and March? Shouldn't there be like a dozen?

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Great find, amazing preorder bonus that puts the EU items to shame. I don't think I'll get my hands on one of these since I'm buying digital, but those two whole pages of calendar are making me pretty sad. Did they really cut the number of important NPCs down to two birthdays in February and March? Shouldn't there be like a dozen?
Can't say I'm too upset since those months will be useless when the game releases. But like you I hold most months have more.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
The craft system, I see a lot of people being affraid of it, talking about how crafting is stressful, complicated in games... This right here seem like the most stressless crafting mechanics you could imagine lol. Just collect some stuff at your own pace, get some new recipes of crafting (we still don't know how, probably the Nook Miles can be a way to get some), and craft the stuff you like.
What I'm wishing for, but not expecting it to be in the game, is the depth of the crafting recipes. I wanted to know how extensive it will be. Maybe it is as deep as what the game allows, like end game crafting recipes.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
placing furniture around the island sounds great but then like the previous AC games will is also lead to visitors taking stuff without you knowing..
I guess and hope there will be a system in place like Farm Together and Minecraft where visitors cannot change the world unless you grant this privilege to them.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
You can place indoor furniture outside? Seems like a better name for this would have been AC: Trailer Park

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
No, they won't be able to touch anything. Just like they can't touch anything in your house.
People would just steal anything otherwise.

I hope they can get Locked like the ACNL public works projects then.

Even the last game the amount of anxiety I used to get when inviting new people over or having existing online friends let their 8yr old into my town meant I used to police the place up and down hoping money trees or rare flowers didn't get trampled or shook..

CRKFDseUEAEBr7f

CSHs00uUAAAET4e

CxGyC59XgAA9RSG

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I feel like too many people don't realise yet how big of a deal this actually is.
Villages will look nothing alike what we're used to.

1036863-22-article_m-1.PNG

SQ_NSwitch_AnimalCrossingNewHorizons_E3Presentation_07.jpg

You can create back yard not only to your house, but even to villagers' house (as seen in the first pic lol)
I can't wait to see how people will customize their towns.
Also, like you said, customisation of the character is huge. It has been introduced already in the spin offs, but it's finally here in a main game, especially skin tone.
And the clothes are way more stylish than before. Way more diverse, more realistic, cooler.
New Horizons will basically be by far the most customizable Animal Crossing experience.

Also, the Nook Miles system seem like a fun objective-based system. There's stuff like "collect X fish in a row without missing one", or "get X recipes of crafting", I love this kind of fun, stressless, little objectives.

Yup, this looks like it could be the coziest, yet most active, town yet. Being able to have all sorts of stuff outside feels like it will really give the town a serious homey feeling with a lot of personality, while also giving both us as the players and villagers a lot more to do out and about.