• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I will have my phoenix and unicorn villagers in my town once again.
Plus the two Egypt-inspired, and for the first time a snow leopard. Now if I happen to find my Drago card, perhaps that too...
The 1 pack I bought (to use with Happy Home) had the unicorn neighbor, so I'll certainly be adding him to my town as soon as I get the amiibo functionality unlocked

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Yes. There is local play between two systems without the need for Wi-Fi and if you and someone else both use the same system, aka live in the same town, you can both play together at the same time on the system.

Before I forget, thank you for revving up awareness for the Turnip Market!

In light of my question, let me clarify: using 1x Switch & playing TT, can my partner & I play together?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Before I forget, thank you for revving up awareness for the Turnip Market!

In light of my question, let me clarify: using 1x Switch & playing TT, can my partner & I play together?
My pleasure and yes, as long as that's the system/town you both setup your characters on. Then yeah, you can put the Switch into TT mode and each use a joycon to play.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
By the way, I would buy this jacket if it were real.

6865022ffbcca0a964b0ffe1bb01271f.png

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Joan and the old Fishing and Bug catching tournament people still show up, I hate when they remove established characters T_T

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'll get hate, but I wouldn't mind Joan being gone. She always creeped me out because her eyes. Probably will be back somehow though. I don't really want to see any of the original crew gone.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
I'm disbelief what I saw yesterday the terraforming completely broke me. I almost don't believe this game is real it also hurts my head knowing the game is on my switch and I can't play it.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm disbelief what I saw yesterday the terraforming completely broke me. I almost don't believe this game is real it also hurts my head knowing the game is on my switch and I can't play it.
I know right? Like, we gotta wait one more month but the game is right here in our palms.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I did not anticipate how much this direct would hype me for this game. I had already preloaded with a voucher, but I was prepared for a ho hum New Leaf+. Now that I know what's possible... its all I want to do. I hope that the hype lasts through to release date though.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
They are cosmetic and we know Kicks sells them in addition to shoes and socks. There's a video on the website that shows a 40-space inventory and the character isn't wearing any sort of backpack.
I can't seem to find this particular video; what section of the website is it on, exactly?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I can't seem to find this particular video; what section of the website is it on, exactly?
www.animal-crossing.com

Explore your island — Animal Crossing™: New Horizons for the Nintendo Switch™ system

Garden, plants trees and flowers, fish, collect bugs and fossils, and decorate your personal island paradise in in the Animal Crossing™: New Horizons game for the Nintendo Switch™ system.

I'm gonna assume it's a Nook Miles upgrade feature. I do wish Backpacks did offer real benefit but it's also good that you don't need to have a bag just to have more space since everyone would feel obligated to have one on, but it would have been kind of cool. Especially if certain ones were like for carrying more wood resources or fish or bugs.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
www.animal-crossing.com

Explore your island — Animal Crossing™: New Horizons for the Nintendo Switch™ system

Garden, plants trees and flowers, fish, collect bugs and fossils, and decorate your personal island paradise in in the Animal Crossing™: New Horizons game for the Nintendo Switch™ system.

I'm gonna assume it's a Nook Miles upgrade feature. I do wish Backpacks did offer real benefit but it's also good that you don't need to have a bag just to have more space since everyone would feel obligated to have one on, but it would have been kind of cool. Especially if certain ones were like for carrying more wood resources or fish or bugs.
Thanks!

Oh man, finally. Finally. I mean, considering all the other forms of customization we've seen thus far, it's a no-brainer, but it's been a long time coming. It is a little bit of a shame backpacks aren't nearly as big a deal as people thought, but it's still nice to have another layer added to the game's fashion.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm satisfied. My most wanted thing was to be able to prevent neighbors from moving into certain spots in order to properly customize my town without it getting messed up over and over. The other stuff like moving rivers and cliffs and such is gonna take it to the next level.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Just re-cataloged all my AC amiibo cards. If anyone has an extra Zucker and/or Ankha card they'd like to trade, please PM me. I have many cards to offer for trade, so just gimme a shout. :)

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

Oh man, finally. Finally. I mean, considering all the other forms of customization we've seen thus far, it's a no-brainer, but it's been a long time coming. It is a little bit of a shame backpacks aren't nearly as big a deal as people thought, but it's still nice to have another layer added to the game's fashion.
It's less of a backpack and more like things that go on your back. Pocket Camp has wings, backpacks and bats/ghosts/hearts/etc. that hover around you so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Signs have always been English.
DMYB1IV.jpg

You know what the big game-changing upgrade the next game is going to have is going to be?
The ability to place buildings, furniture, and paths at 45 degree angles.

True. Ideally I'd love full camera rotation and placing buildings in any cardinal direction. But even just being able to place buildings at angles would be very welcome.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Really excited that you can freely move peoples houses and make paths, so can really make a little neighbourhood :D or maybe ill make a big tall mini island clifftop surrounded by river with my house at the top :D

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Really excited that you can freely move peoples houses and make paths, so can really make a little neighbourhood :D or maybe ill make a big tall mini island clifftop surrounded by river with my house at the top :D
Yeah and the fact you can relocate them whenever, shops included is great. Especially once you'll unlock the terraforming you'll probably want to move houses and stuff.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Oh yeah, have we still not seen any of the fruit introduced in New Leaf, yet? Bananas, mangoes, persimmons, lemons, durians, and lychee? I'd have thought we would have at least seen bananas by now, but I don't remember anything.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Oh yeah, have we still not seen any of the fruit introduced in New Leaf, yet? Bananas, mangoes, persimmons, lemons, durians, and lychee? I'd have thought we would have at least seen bananas by now, but I don't remember anything.
Nope, we haven't seen a few past flower types either. But at least there we've seen 3 new ones. Haven't seen many old fruits and not one new one.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Well I'm satisfied. My most wanted thing was to be able to prevent neighbors from moving into certain spots in order to properly customize my town without it getting messed up over and over. The other stuff like moving rivers and cliffs and such is gonna take it to the next level.
As someone who had a villager move DIRECTLY next to my house, where I'd put a grove of a dozen perfect peach trees? This was the biggest thing I hoped for.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who had a villager move DIRECTLY next to my house, where I'd put a grove of a dozen perfect peach trees? This was the biggest thing I hoped for.
In New Leaf I built a forest behind my house to give it a natural, secluded vibe. An animal moved directly behind my house.

That animal? Ganon.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the mystery tour islands probably contain a lot of rare fruits you can only get there.

GIVE ME LIMES

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Is there anything pointing towards the Nintendo crossover villagers returning?

I didn't want to move any of them into my New Leaf village (too attached to the villagers I already had there) but I was planning on going with one of the Zelda ones (Ganon or Medli) this time. It'd be a shame if they aren't here now :(

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I didn't want to move any of them into my New Leaf village (too attached to the villagers I already had there) but I was planning on going with one of the Zelda ones (Ganon or Medli) this time. It'd be a shame if they aren't here now :(
Think you will just get their poster. Don't think you can move the villagers in.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

Think you will just get their poster. Don't think you can move the villagers in.
They haven't said anything, one way or the other.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

The amiibo compatibility chart doesn't list anything outside of the AC series, so they're probably not in. There was also a Nook tweet earlier saying they were sending letters with information on the island getaway package to all 383 of his previous Nook's Homes customers, which is the total number of villagers in New Leaf minus the crossover characters.