• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So in other words, Amiibo figurines are pretty much worthless except for photo modes? I don't need to get any if I'd just want them as villagers?
There aren't any amiibos of villagers, they're all of special characters like Isabelle, Tom Nook, Blathers, etc.

mera

Oct 2, 2018
playing my switch
I'm so unbelievably excited for this game and moreso than any other game in a long time. the hard part is getting to that March 20 date! (but we waited so long, it'll pass fast)

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
So in other words, Amiibo figurines are pretty much worthless except for photo modes? I don't need to get any if I'd just want them as villagers?

I don't know what use they will have in the NH game but in NL you could ask them to live in your town

CxGwYIVWEAQcKSJ

CxY0aVaUsAEsJvb

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, the only amiibo figurines in the Animal Crossing series are:
  • Blathers
  • Celeste
  • Cyrus
  • Digby
  • Isabelle (Summer/Winter)
  • K.K Slider
  • Kapp'n
  • Kicks
  • Lottie
  • Mabel
  • Reese
  • Resetti
  • Rover
  • Timmy and Tommy
  • Tom Nook

These are all special characters which means you can't move them in. All move-in villagers are available through cards.

I don't know what use they will have in the NH game but in NL you could ask them to live in your town

CxGwYIVWEAQcKSJ

CxY0aVaUsAEsJvb
Judging from the compatibility chart, the amiibo x ACNL Welcome Amiibo collabs will not be present.

Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to reissue the series 1-4 cards? I'm sure their prices on Ebay are just gonna continue to get nuts from here on out.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where I put my AC Amiibo cards... they're not with the Pokemon Cards at least.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I should get to work on some new designs in New Leaf so I can generate some QR codes eventually.

Kevinception

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2020
1. So let me get this straight. If you play Animal Crossing locally, you're all stuck to the same screen (the Leader/Follower system). However, if you play online then you are not locked on one screen with other players?
You can play locally with multiple Switches and not be stuck on the same screen. However local multiplayer with a single Switch you are indeed limited to the leader/follower system since there's no split screen.
1. Yes. Online or Local Play with two systems.

Sorry this has probably been addressed already a million times, still going through the thread:

1. My wife and son can play together with their own Switch locally or online....but they can't share an island...correct?

The only way they can share an island and play together is on the same console with the split screen follow the leader thing?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Sorry this has probably been addressed already a million times, still going through the thread:

1. My wife and son can play together with their own Switch locally or online....but they can't share an island...correct?

The only way they can share an island and play together is on the same console with the split screen follow the leader thing?
Correct. Two systems = two islands no living together or sharing same island, co-op via local wireless or Internet.

One system = shared island. No option for two islands. Couch co-op via follow the leader. They can change who is the leader in game on the fly as well.

Oct 27, 2017

Correct, but also no split screen. You kinda follow each other around

Kevinception

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2020
Correct. Two systems = two islands no living together or sharing same island, co-op via local wireless or Internet.

One system = shared island. No option for two islands. Couch co-op via follow the leader. They can change who is the leader in game on the fly as well.
Correct, but also no split screen. You kinda follow each other around

thanks guys.

do you think there might be a mechanic to invite other real players to live on your island (like you can eventually invite npc villagers to your island?)

from my understanding, the whole reason for island sharing across profiles on one system was to protect the save system.

so obviously they don't have a problem with gamers sharing the same island in terms of gameplay, so what would prevent them from allowing profiles on different systems sharing an island?

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
thanks guys.

do you think there might be a mechanic to invite other real players to live on your island (like you can eventually invite npc villagers to your island?)

from my understanding, the whole reason for island sharing across profiles on one system was to protect the save system.

so obviously they don't have a problem with gamers sharing the same island in terms of gameplay, so what would prevent them from allowing profiles on different systems sharing an island?
No, because this would either require a) some kind of server system, or b) the person who has the local version of the island to be online at all times to make it accessible to the other players. It's a Minecraft Realms situation and there's no way Nintendo is going to do that.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is so many npc characters how can you find the best ones? I played a handful of AC but nothing hit me like others have favorite

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
There is so many npc characters how can you find the best ones? I played a handful of AC but nothing hit me like others have favorite

I think it's best to just try and find that on your own, probably how most people found their favorite villagers is they just grew to like them over the months they spent playing the game.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I'd be happy with blue or orange out of those. I actually wouldn't be surprised if that's something you inexplicably can't change, like with the train station colors in past games. Same with the town's grass pattern. Though, now that I think about it, is there any evidence that the square and circle grass patterns still exist in New Horizons?

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I'll bet we can change it, but if not Blue followed by Orange.
It's probably a random thing like the 4 maps you get to choose from and your native fruit. Like how town hall style, town gate, and train station were random in previous games.

In New Leaf you could remodel the town hall and train station, but I don't think roof color of the default was a remodel option.
BXnIlC2.jpg

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's probably a random thing like the 4 maps you get to choose from and your native fruit. Like how town hall style, town gate, and train station were random in previous games.

In New Leaf you could remodel the town hall and train station, but I don't think roof color of the default was a remodel option.
Sure at the start, but customization is top priority now more than ever. So the ability to change airport colors seems like a decent one.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm so unbelievably excited for this game and moreso than any other game in a long time. the hard part is getting to that March 20 date! (but we waited so long, it'll pass fast)

Me too! Switch wise, I was just as excited for Odyssey, LM3, and Link's Awakening. Only BOTW tops it this gen. March 20 is here in a blink of the eye bro, don't worry!

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'm actually really keen to pick this up and mess around with my kids. We have two Switches, so assuming we'd need to play on a single one together.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I'm actually really keen to pick this up and mess around with my kids. We have two Switches, so assuming we'd need to play on a single one together.
If you want to live on the same island then yes. Otherwise, you could have your own island separate from theirs with a 2nd copy on the other system and still play together by visiting each other's island on the internet.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Got some news from my pre-order, I took the one with the 3 pins, but apparently the pins are cancelled? Color me sad now.