• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of crafting. Gives the player more to do after they've done all the daily stuff.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Delay of course. Bummer. Game looks...ok. Character models are great. Glad they seem to try new things. Surprised by the lack of Isabelle.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fantastic, a major change and update from past titles. Looking forward to seeing more, though I guess it'll be a little ways off.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
YUP. And I can't tell how much the new mechanics will actually improve the formula.

Like:

y8bsrPw_d.jpg

What is this? I'm not trying to play some town management game. I just want to chill with my villagers and make natural paths. Not these super straight lines that makes it look like a Tycoon game. Maybe it will grow on me with more gameplay. I hope this is a side area

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
That looked soooooooooooo much better than New Leaf, seriously just look at what you can do to customize your island!!

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Of course Nook would find a way to make you pay to get stranded. Game looked great!

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
The delay really crushed my soul. I have been dying for this game on Switch and really wanted to play it this year. I hope the delay really is worth it and they make it next level amazing.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, a bit disappointed it has been delayed, but there will be plenty to play this year as it is.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
My selfish self is annoyed the game is delayed. But... I won't get upset as long as the end game is great. And I did like what I saw:)

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
man...…….that's a really bad slot for me as a person who owns all consoles. I'll probably have to wait a bit honestly to pick this up.

I was really hoping it was this year because come winter its kind of dry this year, Q1 is the new Holiday season

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Saw the delay coming a mile away. Development time aside, after the last two years, they know they need to release something big in Q4.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The delay highkey got me angry, two year announcement for a game that is now coming out in nine months. Seems like they put this project on the backburner for a while before realising oh god, we need to release this game stat!

They had 2-3 years to develop the game and still it's delayed? Whatever they must be fixing must be huge.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
This looks very visually unimpressive for a next-gen Animal Crossing. They need to get the Mario Kart graphics team on this.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Graphics look great, I wish we had a controllable camera but that was never going to happen - it's basically the previous games, but prettier, which is fine.

I just really really hope that the crafting stuff isn't too central of a game mechanic. Collecting 50 wood to build a bench is not what I come to Animal Crossing for, personally.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow...people of colour in a mainline Animal Crossing game. FINALLY. Welcome to the 21st century, Nintendo. Thanks for joining us.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
Okay okay, sad about the delay, game look cool, etc okay whatevs

BUT

THe most important thing was not mentioned, where's my gal Isabelle, Nintendo!?

if she does not make it to the game
I SWEAR TO GOD NINTENDO I AM GOING TO BE PISSED!

Caeda

Oct 25, 2017
Danbury, CT
My poor fantasy draft and heart... The delay hurts me, but it looks so cute and I can't help but be excited for it still, regardless of the material collection.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Something about it is off. It looks really underwhelming. Hopefully I'm wrong. Wonder if the characters at the end of the trailer signified multiplayer.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seven and a half years between mainline Animal Crossing games. Seven and a half. Goddamn.

That being said it looks great! Expanding customization to town level is the next obvious step after New Leaf and HHD, and in general it looks super sharp. A bit worried about the crafting mechanic getting too fiddly... but we'll see.

dude44

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great (love the idea of building up a town from nothing) but man does that delay sting.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
:( I expected to look even better considering is a home console game but this just looks slight better than New Leaf and despite of that is still being pushed to 2020... oh well, AC has never been about impressive graphics anyway.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Exactly what i was hoping for from a new Animal Crossing: a really strong sense of progression.

TThe building your own island thing is a really great idea and a smart escalation from New Leaf's Mayor mechanic.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest surprise of the direct, not the delay, but Animal Crossing having new gameplay hooks, a reason to hit rocks that's not for daily bell bags?!

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The delay highkey got me angry, two year announcement for a game that is now coming out in nine months. Seems like they put this project on the backburner for a while before realising oh god, we need to release this game stat!

They had 2-3 years to develop the game and still it's delayed? Whatever they must be fixing must be huge.

I wasn't as mad because I saw it coming after the radio silence but yeah, this is coming eight years after New Leaf first released in Japan. I don't really understand what happened when they have all the HD models for villagers already from the plaza thing on Wii U.

Man remember when we thought the handheld and console divisions fusing for the Switch meant that we would get more games in a timely manner? Good times.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
If your on a deserted island.... I'd imagine you'd have to craft everything. That makes my eye twitch already ._.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
I know someone will be disappointed after school. But I did warn her, no way Nintendo would release an Animal Crossing and a Pokemon game within the same quarter.