• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
nookj7kai.png

Hahaha!

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the island is much bigger than the map size as shown during the Treehouse session. Or maybe one can do land reclamation :)

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks nice, I can deal with the delay. Excited for 8 people in a town. 4 player local co op is pretty awesome although I don't have any friends irl so it won't help me. ;)

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Looking good so far. I hope they listened to fan feedback and removed dirt trails. Those were the worst.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I've never played an AC game before. So many people love it. Maybe this will be my first one? Seems like a good game to relax and unwind with. Something you don't have to commit to and can come back months later?

MCee

Oct 28, 2017
Bay Area
I think like most people, I'm wondering how they'll handle travel for shopping, museum, club, hairdresser, etc. Still under wraps I guess. Hopefully that was a demo map. Agree that it seemed very small.

Also in the camp of not being too thrilled about crafting. Farming ingredients when you could be fishing, bug catching, fossil digging, planting, interacting with villagers, events, etc doesn't seem very interesting. Would rather have expanded interactions with villagers than building items we can buy.

Also that delay. Haha. Wanted to grab this for Christmas for my girlfriend.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played an AC game before. So many people love it. Maybe this will be my first one? Seems like a good game to relax and unwind with. Something you don't have to commit to and can come back months later?

only if you really enjoy weeding

also certain collectibles are only available at certain times of the year (fish, bugs, etc.) and there are holidays and events that happen on given days/weeks in which you can collect furniture and items that are only available from that event. So if you're a "collector" type you can miss a lot when taking a break.

But yeah I've gone back to old towns after very long breaks and it is fine

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Depends on your goals, and that's another great thing about it. You can really just play it moment to moment whenever you feel like and find a way to make each play session fun and rewarding. You could also set a goal like filling the museum which would require checking back in regularly to make sure you don't miss any seasonal critters or anything. No wrong way to approach it, really. I find it so relaxing to just chip away at a few long term goals with no pressure.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I think like most people, I'm wondering how they'll handle travel for shopping, museum, club, hairdresser, etc. Still under wraps I guess. Hopefully that was a demo map. Agree that it seemed very small.

Also in the camp of not being too thrilled about crafting. Farming ingredients when you could be fishing, bug catching, fossil digging, planting, interacting with villagers, events, etc doesn't seem very interesting. Would rather have expanded interactions with villagers than building items we can buy.

Also that delay. Haha. Wanted to grab this for Christmas for my girlfriend.

It is a bit disappointing we'll have to wait to see our Christmas islands until later...especially with that shot of a Christmas house in the trailer.

MCee

Oct 28, 2017
Bay Area

Definitely. My girlfriend hates most videogames but can put hours into animal crossing. So many random tasks to do and goals you can set for yourself. The designing and organization are great outlets to relax for people.

You can come back days, weeks, months or years later. Will always be there moving on without you, haha.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Does this always stay on a small island then? Can you not visit a city or anything like that?
Hopefully the "city" portion is/can become part of the main map/town similar to New Leaf. I didn't really like the City being separate in City Folk. Maybe wewill have some control over that, too. Who knows.

Depends on how much you decide to micromanage. If you're someone who just wants to play and chill with no real care to the little things, then you're good. If you like to complete goals and keep things on the up and up, then it's going to eat at you being away. Especially for seasonal and time relating items and such. Lol.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Graphics look good but I hope it's not this kind of "bright" throughout most of the day. New Leaf had some nice shading for the simplistic 3D style. This looks a little overlit.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Looks interesting, but I'm not sure I like the change in art style. Feels a bit bland to me (especially that water).

Had a feeling they'd do this sort of concept though, so I did chuckle when they revealed the game.

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
Probably it's nothing, but on the final part of the trailer (before the Nook section) you can see other Islands in the distance.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
I dislike the globe design of the over world - it's disorienting for me for whatever reason. I miss the flat design of the original game.

Otherwise, I'm day 1! Looks fantastic especially with the multiplayer additions.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From the trailer I thought hmmm this looks generic but after the treehouse demo I'm sold. Much more animated and freer than Pocketcamp

4w1Ym4r.gif

ZLaskUy.mp4
Honestly i get way more of an "animal crossing vibe" from that pocket camp gif lol.

I really hate to be a stick in the mud, and I was excited about this game just as much as any other hardcore AC fan, but this isn't doing it for me. The art style, the doubling down of town management and adoption of crafting and things like that....I should've seen it coming I suppose, but it's not what I play AC for.

Seeing this trailer and gameplay really just wants to make me retreat to the GameCube version.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Probably it's nothing, but on the final part of the trailer (before the Nook section) you can see other Islands in the distance.

Pretty sure multiple islands has been confirmed. The Treehouse stream said you can call residents from the same island to help you, and the person that joined in for co-op had a house on the same island, which is why they were chosen to help out.

Timestamped part of Treehouse stream talking about it:

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Everything looks fantastic... except the rolling log. Really wanted that to be subdued or done away with completely.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
I love this so much. Bummer that we have to wait 9 months for this, but at least there's plenty of stuff coming in the meantime.