• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
qQ6j6NP.gif

VA5ubRE.png

akS1rGP.png

oguONjw.png

3GDXeQZ.png

QXLDlwT.png

tKB0so7.png

ctoqEww.png

zmBQ3sG.png

BC9o4lx.png

ef0gI5f.png

KS4DSX5.png

qVRpWjb.png

NQ9fJdD.png

l0GKymS.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
C468r0w.png

Text only OT

General Information
Developed by: Nintendo EPD
Published by: Nintendo
Director: Aya Kyogoku
Producer: Hisashi Nogami

Release Date: March 20, 2020
Genre: Life Sim
Modes Single-player & multiplayer
Platform: Nintendo Switch

Island Life
If the hustle and bustle of modern life's got you down, Tom Nook has a new business venture up his sleeve that he knows you'll adore: the Nook Inc. Deserted Island Getaway Package! Sure, you've crossed paths with colourful characters near and far. Had a grand time as one of the city folk. May've even turned over a new leaf and dedicated yourself to public service! But deep down, isn't there a part of you that longs for…freedom? Then perhaps a long walk on the beach of a deserted island, where a rich wealth of untouched nature awaits, is just what the doctor ordered!

The NookPhone
While settling into your new life on your very own deserted-island, Tom Nook will hand you a NookPhone! This device is made especially for island residents and is home to a wide variety of apps which will let you unleash your creative and intellectual mind as you progress. Apps such as 'Camera' let you enter a photo mode of sorts and take stunning photos of your island life. You'll also unlock apps such as 'Critterpedia' which catalogues all the bugs and fish you've caught during the time on your island... and beyond.

Customize Your Looks
Upon starting the game you'll be able to customize your character's looks, from hair to eyes – apply makeup and alter nose/mouth shape. Later, you'll be able to revisit this by placing a mirror in your house and using it, allowing for you to change your mind about how you look after days, weeks or months on your deserted island. A huge selection of clothes and accessories will also be available for purchase every day to style your character exactly how you want.

A Growing Infrastructure
As you spend more time on the island, you'll meet memorable characters such as Blathers. Upon donating a series of fossils, fish and bugs to him – he'll open a museum on the island. You'll also meet others such as the Able Sisters who will open a store selling different clothes. Upon arrival on the island the Resident Services tent will let you buy and sell, craft, discuss housing expansions with Tom Nook and more, but over time it will expand into two buildings. One of these being Timmy and Tommy's familiar store 'Nook's Cranny', a store which sells a number of items such as furniture.

Get Crafting
Brand new to Horizons is crafting. Gather materials from the island you inhabit and turn them into useful tools and stylish furniture. Using either the workbench in Resident Services or one of your own acquired by crafting or purchasing, you'll be able to unleash the full potential of the island and craft items to make your life on it more enjoyable.

Customize The Island
A long-requested feature in Animal Crossing is finally coming to New Horizons. The ability to easily move villagers' houses, set plots where new villagers can move into and relocate buildings allows you to have far more control over the layout of your island as it grows into a budding community. On top of this you'll also gain the ability to terraform your island. Changing the shape of rivers, creating waterfalls and destroying cliffs allows you to really alter the island to your advantage.

The Nook Mile High Club
Nook Miles are a brand new currency in New Horizons. Similar to a classic reward program you earn Miles by completing challenges that appear in the Nook Miles app on your NookPhone. These miles can then be exchanged for items such as recipes and tickets to go on mystery tours. An example of one of the challenges is called 'Cast Master' in which you need to catch 10 fish in a row without one getting away. There's a large variety of challenges including daily ones to keep topping up your Nook Miles.

Mysterious Get Away
Previously, it was mentioned that you can go on these tours using Nook Miles, but what could these mysterious tours be? You'll be able to take these tickets to the airport and fly off to a randomly generated island which will be full of trees bearing fruit, beautiful flowers and other items. You'll also be able to come across creatures and fish on these islands to expand your Critterpedia even more. You may even spot villagers not yet seen in your village exploring these islands too and if you're lucky, you'll be able to invite them back with you to become a permanent villager.

Customize Your House
When you first arrive on your very own deserted-island you'll find that all you have to call home is a tent. The ever-gracious Tom Nook will let you upgrade this to a house over time (at a cost) and you'll have your very own home! You'll then be able to further expand this home with more rooms and space as well as customize it with a different coloured roof and post box.

Event Season
Weekly, Monthly and Annually there'll be unique events taking place on your island. From the touring boar Daisy Mae selling turnips every Sunday Morning to the Fishing and Bug Catching Tourneys run by C.J. and Flick respectively. Several seasonal events happen throughout the year too and will appear in free updates for the game as the year progresses – these will give you challenges and unique prizes such as furniture.

Better Together
Playing with family and friends is easier than ever in New Horizons with a plethora of features and options at your fingertips. Up to 8 people can play together on one player's island via online multiplayer or local wireless. Conveniently, you can just head to the Airport and speak to Orville at the desk who will get you set up with whatever Multiplayer session you want to setup. You can also disable the use of tools by players joining your island, making it so that only those on your Best-Friends list are able to use tools on your island – defeating those meanies who just want to destroy the beauty you've created.

OT by iFirez
with special thanks to Rafisher

ebiHBjg.png

A message from the OT Creator

Hey everyone, hope you like the OT. I was originally just going to be designing this one while working with Rafisher on it but he wasn't able to post it so I ended up taking over all duties on this one; thanks again for letting me be involved to begin with though. I had the idea for the designs in the OT when thinking about the gams island setting, which triggered the 'postcards' concept and that merged with some heavy inspiration from the Nook Miles interface turned into the OT you see above. As a lot of the postcard designs you see in the OT are also based on real UI elements in the game that you may spot them while playing the game.

I started my journey with OTs last year making the Anthem, Outer Worlds and Darksiders Genesis OTs - I also helped with the animated banners in the Jedi: Fallen Order OT. I've just posted the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX OT a few weeks ago too, so it was nice to have designed two Nintendo OTs this month. Thanks to vestan mazi and Xavi for their morale boosts and support whenever I seem to work on an OT, it means a lot! Make sure you go check out the Doom Eternal OT by vestan and AgentStrange too… see if you spot a nice reference in both our OT's titles

I also have released the vector art I drew for this OT, such as the NookPhone and the buildings, you can find high quality versions of this art here: https://www.deviantart.com/firedragonmatty/gallery/

Also anyone wanting to play the Stalk Market in NH along with share info about their island such as Native Fruit...etc should join Enduin 's tracker, the link will reveal its self once you've replied to this OT in general:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
If anyone wants to trade fruit or play some New Horizons together my Switch Friend code is: SW-0864-4228-2602 - see you all on the Island.

ebiHBjg.png

Extra Info and Links

Last edited:

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
First AC game ever. Have it pre-loaded on my Switch and really looking forward to it.
Not really into life-sim games, but kinda interested in this one.

Also bought it for my daughter, which will love it

komodothefist

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, what a fantastic OT. I was going to suggest a text version, but then I scrolled a little and saw you already had that covered.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
COME ON, FRIDAY.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
The night before i go pick up my physical copy I'm going to have a hard time getting to bed due to excitement.

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
Great OT! The long wait is finally nearly over, cannot wait to move to my island on Friday!

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I keep reading that "resetting" is a thing at the start of the game - can someone elaborate on this?

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations on making it to the OT without getting the pre-release hype thread locked!

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Great OT. the next two days can't come soon enough.
Great OT! Sorry I couldn't be around much to be able to help.
This is so pretty! Great OT!

I can't wait until Friday, guys, this is so painful.
One of the best OTs I've ever seen Firez, good shit my dude.
fantastic OT as always, good job iFirez
Wow great OT!
Can't believe we are so close now after years of waiting
Great OT! The long wait is finally nearly over, cannot wait to move to my island on Friday!
This OT is *chef kiss*

I learn so much from your OTs, thanks so much the inspiration!
Thanks everyone :) Glad you all like it.
Xavi you're too kind!

Partners in crime ;)

Wow, what a fantastic OT. I was going to suggest a text version, but then I scrolled a little and saw you already had that covered.
I always try to have accessibility and readability in mind when making my OTs so having a text only variant of the OT is always planned when I make these :)

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
I keep reading that "resetting" is a thing at the start of the game - can someone elaborate on this?
Basically people reset if they don't like different things, for some people this can be a lot of times depending how picky you are. There's a lot to consider, map layout, fruit choice, starting villagers.

For me I know roughly what map layout I want (south and east river mouths, plaza close to central) and I'm content with any fruit but pears, so I'm hoping I won't be resetting too often.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Since there is a website or app for everything in the internet, does anyone know if there's something like an online diary somewhere where I can add pictures like stickers? And of course easy to do on a phone? I would love to do something like this for NH with a daily entry and screenshots from everything I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.