• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2017
So is there really only one music track for the island? It's a nice theme but I'm already getting tired of hearing it. Does this game not have hour themes like the past games?

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Fans of carpets and lovers of fine tapestry from faraway lands rejoice. Saharah is in town!

Tell the Dodo to fly you to the following coordinates: GBT3R. It's not that faraway, I promise.

I'll be sitting motionless on a tree stump somewhere, but I left peaches at the entrance for those that like them. And the gates will be open for at least a few hours, so no need to rush.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Completely hooked on this game. Quick question about online multiplayer. What can "best friends" do to your island. Can they cut down your trees and dig up your flowers for instance? I want to invite my friends, but I can't guarantee that they won't trash the place. Can you set certain limitations?

Best friends can do everything, I think. Pluck flowers, take fruit from trees, use their shovels and axe, etc.

If you invite people, they are on the default rank which doesn't let them do the above. You have to give them the best friends title. So just don't give them that and you should be good n

biezel

May 9, 2018
I haven't played AC since the original on Gamecube. Had a blast playing with my wife this weekend, though she spent hours grinding fishing and is now one full loan payment ahead of me.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm finding myself REALLY enjoying some of the lite crafting mechanics regarding public works projects. The iron ore was a pain in the ass but I found it really satisfying to have some hand in the construction of the three new villager plots. I wish the game really went all in with regards to the crafting. It makes me think the next game in the series is going to make the leap to a full on Stardew-style farm management sim.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Ah there is no iron ore on my island. If im lucky ill be fifty by the time i can build this shop
Museum opened up! It's beautiful.

Is there a fast way to farm those iron nuggets? It's taking me forever to get them from the few rocks on my island.

Use your nook miles to get tickets to other islands, i got all of mine on day one that way. Once you get there do the rocks first. In case you haven't seen some of the other illustrations, you hit the rocks with a shovel to get either stone, clay, or iron. You can do that once a day per rock up to 8 hits in rapid succession. If you miss a hit or stop you'll be stuck with however much stuff you got up to that point Easiest way i've found is to dig 2 holes where the X's are you are the Y and R is the rock. Just spam the hit button and you should get 8 things per rock.

OXOOO
XYOOO
OOROO

Amakusa

Nov 2, 2017
I gotta admit: Nintendo requiring you to have the paid online sub to use the design editor app is a letdown of gigantic proportions to me. I used to create a lot of custom designs in the past games and even wanted to offer design requests on Era, but not like this. Using the ingame editor is an impossible task because of the terrible stick drift on all my Joycons and Pro Controller. :(

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
anyone have any thoughts?
Fire Emblem is a deep game that I really wanted to dig into when I played it. Animal Crossing and that can both swallow your soul, so not sure how many souls you have left to share during a single day :p Ace Attorney and RE seem like fine additions from which to relax on your island.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
il_570xN.1942912520_44ky.jpg

I heard cherries :D Any fruit you need?

dm'ed!

Oct 27, 2017
I'm totally out of the loop on this and feel like I've read various things about it, but what's the situation with other users playing this?

We have two Switches in the house and I'd be buying 1x digital copy. We have 5 accounts as a household. Will all of us be able to play our own games/islands on our own profiles, or will we all have to share a single island?

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized DAL is a play on JAL, Japan Airlines! I'm so dumb it took me so long to realize, considering I've flown it multiple times

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally out of the loop on this and feel like I've read various things about it, but what's the situation with other users playing this?

We have two Switches in the house and I'd be buying 1x digital copy. We have 5 accounts as a household. Will all of us be able to play our own games/islands on our own profiles, or will we all have to share a single island?
You can share between two switches who can have single islands. The biggest thing to consider is that only the main player on each island gets the full content experience with the most things to do.

Oct 27, 2017
So i just have to place the exterior items, placed like decorations, outside the house construction? Does it just take a day after that for the person to move in?

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
So i just have to place the exterior items, placed like decorations, outside the house construction? Does it just take a day after that for the person to move in?

Yep, and they'll move in one per day. You can check that all the requirements are complete by reading the sign, then eventually (that day) the house will be marked "SOLD" and you can read the main sign to see who will be moving in!

Oct 27, 2017
anyone have any thoughts?
As someone who has beaten 2 routes in FE, 110+ hours, and recently put down AA after finishing first 4 cases in about 5 hours, and just started AC:NH, I'd say no you can't do all 3 at once.

I'd recommend picking one and sticking with it. FE and AC both just flow really well so I'd prepare for a 50+ hour play of each for the next few weeks or month. I mean if you have like 12+ hours a day to burn maybe, but if you're still working 8 hours per day (not guaranteed in this world atm) then I'd say pick one.

You could probably juggle AA with one of them too, but imo I'd just do FE or AC, then save the other for later.

You could play AC now, play for a few weeks, then start a FE route and focus on that with playing AC on the side once you've accomplished most of what you want and just doing daily activities.

Overall you're probably looking at 50 hours min for each FE run, maybe a little less each successive run, but 150+ hours for all 3 main, 200 if you do all 4 (tho if you save at the right time in BE you can cut the fourth run down in time) and AC would likely be 100-200 hours YMMV

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
As someone who has beaten 2 routes in FE, 110+ hours, and recently put down AA after finishing first 4 cases in about 5 hours, and just started AC:NH, I'd say no you can't do all 3 at once.

I'd recommend picking one and sticking with it. FE and AC both just flow really well so I'd prepare for a 50+ hour play of each for the next few weeks or month. I mean if you have like 12+ hours a day to burn maybe, but if you're still working 8 hours per day (not guaranteed in this world atm) then I'd say pick one.

You could probably juggle AA with one of them too, but imo I'd just do FE or AC, then save the other for later.

You could play AC now, play for a few weeks, then start a FE route and focus on that with playing AC on the side once you've accomplished most of what you want and just doing daily activities.

Overall you're probably looking at 50 hours min for each FE run, maybe a little less each successive run, but 150+ hours for all 3 main, 200 if you do all 4 (tho if you save at the right time in BE you can cut the fourth run down in time) and AC would likely be 100-200 hours YMMV

I'd recommending staggering the start of each game you're jugging as well. So far, I've spent a huge chunk of hours each day in AC, but I plan for it to taper off after I've gotten through all of Nook's initial "quests".

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Just had a run through the museum, it's really impressive compared to previous games, clearly a lot of love has been poured into it. The fossil section was a real highlight with the evolutionary lines running through and culminating in the display showing how they relate to the AC villager types, but the bug and fish sections were great too - Jeremiah was wandering around at the time and it was fun seeing his reactions to the bugs (he even commented about not putting wasps in your mouth lol) and talking about who donated it, and the schools of anchovies dancing around in the fish section was beautiful. I noticed the music also changes subtly depending on which area you are in, such as the butterfly house having a whimsical composition while the deep sea section has a very lonely, isolated feel.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something about the iron collection or is it supposed to take days to collect all the resources for the shop? There's only a handful of rocks on my island so I only get like 6 iron a day.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Three more fish left to catch for March. Two at the top of the river and one at the bottom

Bait spam isn't getting them to spawn... but I know they will eventually...

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
I've been on so many tours that I can say with absolute certainty that it's fruit you already own.
I think I've been on roughly ~25 tours, and I've run into 2 with foreign fruit (oranges; I have apples), and 2 with bamboo trees/shoots. No other novelty islands yet though (money, tarantulas, etc.).

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Woke up this morning to see turnip prices at a whopping 49 bells!

Here's hoping I strike big this week.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Just had a run through the museum, it's really impressive compared to previous games, clearly a lot of love has been poured into it. The fossil section was a real highlight with the evolutionary lines running through and culminating in the display showing how they relate to the AC villager types,

The spotlight shining on you when you stand at the end of the human evolution branch was a shockingly poignant moment for me and if the idea wasn't stolen from a real museum somewhere then a real museum somewhere needs to steal it from Animal Crossing.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It happened sooner for me. They both upgraded the day Nook's Cranny opened
I had the cranny already before I was even asked to find a plot for the villagers, so it might be related to that +1 day. I had the cranny on saturday, was asked to make the furniture for the three new homes on saturday and then had the first new villager move in yesterday ( sunday), and the tents were upgraded yesterday as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.