• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Just saw my newest neighbour running around practising his Naruto run. Now he sits exhausted under a tree.

Like.. er.. welcome to the Island I guess :P

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Been doing the ironing while watching my 5 year old play with a massive grin on my face, she truly adores this game and watching her play has been perking me right up, such a tonic.

I didn't even mind when she insisted I typed out letters she was dictating to the other residents of the island.

HBu4VNJ.jpg

Genuinley made me fill up, bless her.

However it soon started getting sinister...

ASdLu2m.jpg

And its now veered into bizzare...

tcJWG3H.jpg

Were I an animal resident of our island I would start locking the door while I was home.

:D

[edit] forgive the lack of capitilisation and punctuation, there is only so much effort I am prepared to put in with an on screen keyboard while ironing :P

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have Mabel in town.

eucufbwu8auep1ruijyu.jpg

Gates will be open for at least the next two and a half hours and probably again later today. No need to rush to CNF5T.

Don't take the fences personally. I had someone plucked a hybrid flower last time I invited strangers.
She always brings not great clothes to my island so I'm gunna come visit yours!

EDIT: If I can get in ;-;

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
EDIT: If I can get in ;-;

Turns out Mabel > turnips in popularity. I'll keep the shop open for another two hours guaranteed, so give the current group of shoppers a bit of time and things will settle down soon, I hope. Or I need to close the gates and re-open for smaller groups. Mabel can't keep talking to four customers at the same time! She really needs her siblings here...

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
I have Mabel in town.

eucufbwu8auep1ruijyu.jpg

Gates will be open for at least the next two and a half hours and probably again later today. No need to rush to CNF5T.

Don't take the fences personally. I had someone plucked a hybrid flower last time I invited strangers.
Rip the airline gates! Also if you need tulips, windflowers, or hyacinths im happy to bring a bundle.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Been doing the ironing while watching my 5 year old play with a massive grin on my face, she truly adores this game and watching her play has been perking me right up, such a tonic.

I didn't even mind when she insisted I typed out letters she was dictating to the other residents of the island.

HBu4VNJ.jpg

Genuinley made me fill up, bless her.

However it soon started getting sinister...

ASdLu2m.jpg

And its now veered into bizzare...

tcJWG3H.jpg

Were I an animal resident of our island I would start locking the door while I was home.

:D

[edit] forgive the lack of capitilisation and punctuation, there is only so much effort I am prepared to put in with an on screen keyboard while ironing :P
Adorable lol.

But did you check previously sent letters?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do you have to do anything to get Mabel to permanently come to the town?

Also if I have no AC Amiibo any reason to bother going to Harvey's island?

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got turnips selling for 421 in my town if anyone wanted to come sell (code: BK29X).

Would appreciate some bells or fruit, but no biggie if you just want to come and sell too!

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Not really looking at the wiki during this game, but had to do it for clarification today.

I wanted to make a fence but thought that all those resources were just one fence part. Turns out they're for 10?

I don't know where on the crafting interface it says that it makes 10 fences, I must be super oblivious if it's there.

But either way, glad that a single Zen fence doesn't take 3 iron, 3 stone, and 3 clay...

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a site that collects QR codes?. Looking for the California flag as my flag. Alternatively I'll take a Bojack themed design.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Alright, new plan for Mabel shopping. I'll open the gate, if we hit 3 visitors at once, I'll close it. And as soon the group is done, I'll re-open.

Repeat until rush hour is over, then I'll keep the gate open.

Dodo code for now: 6J3PC

Last edited:

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Oops gotta join the line of people wanting to visit Sheldon's place.
Actually, having a queue system would be really nice for things like that. You can set it to like let 4 people in at first, then when one leaves the next person can come in.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Hello Animal Crossing community! First time player here, even bought the special edition Switch just for this and am happy to report that I am loving the game! That said, there's still plenty I guess I don't know about the game. Talked to one of my villagers earlier and found the option to gift him an item in my pocket. Is there a friendship system of sorts kinda like in Stardew Valley? If so, is it similar in that I have to give the correct items to not damage our friendship and so on? I gave them a Tiger Butterfly and luckily they seemed to like it.

I've also began to grow attached to my villagers which I'm slightly worried about because I've only got room for three more villagers and attachment to these guys mean not wanting to let them leave, haha. I really hope I can get Roald and Raymond. The latter seems super cool and the former is adorable as heck. I love penguins. I started out with Bill (jock duck) and Cherry (uchi doggo) then I got Cookie (peppy doggo), Nana (normal monkey), and Zucker (lazy octopus) who's the coolest of them all. I don't like takoyaki but he looks like one and that's awesome. I thought I might not like Cookie at first because of some of her earlier dialogue but now I really like her cause she's adorable and really friendly and also cause she was repeatedly Naruto Running earlier, lmao.

Was lucky enough with my Nook Miles Ticket (bought two yesterday knowing I won't be able to access Resident Services, hah!) earlier and ended up in the bamboo island! Was unlucky and foolish though, as I forgot to bring branches to make axes with and had to spend 300 Miles to collect bamboo pieces from all the trees. I also uprooted ten of them and planted them in my island, on top of the five bamboo shoots I dug up. Gonna try and grow a little bamboo grove up in my island! Just gotta do it right so I don't waste my apples whenever I wanna uproot any of them...

Ah, quick little question about the bamboo shoots though, I just need to have one tile of free space next to my bamboo trees for them to grow, right? I space mine apart one tile each... which I guess will prevent all three shoots from growing? Guess I have to move them apart a bit.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
In the old games we could push and upset the villagers right? I tried to do this last night with friends and we couldn't.

love this game still though. This is one game where I do mind doing mundane tasks lol it's so relaxing.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I was trying to buy Animal Crossing but the website of my bank doesn't work.
It really seems that I must not buy this game, since now I will have again more time to decide.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I can't get the sturgeon to appear on my island ever. I've used at least 50 pieces of bait. Got the nook miles to prove it too.
That's where I'm at with the string fish lol. Must have tried 60 to 70 times lol and still nothing

I've only tried Sturgeon so far but used well over 100 pieces of bait without success. I've invested so much time in the endeavour so far it would be foolish to end now, I shall be back to bait farming once the spawn have been banished to bed. :)

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Margie ran up to me all excited to tell me something and I accidentally whacked her with my net. :(

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Hello Animal Crossing community! First time player here, even bought the special edition Switch just for this and am happy to report that I am loving the game! That said, there's still plenty I guess I don't know about the game. Talked to one of my villagers earlier and found the option to gift him an item in my pocket. Is there a friendship system of sorts kinda like in Stardew Valley? If so, is it similar in that I have to give the correct items to not damage our friendship and so on? I gave them a Tiger Butterfly and luckily they seemed to like it.

I've also began to grow attached to my villagers which I'm slightly worried about because I've only got room for three more villagers and attachment to these guys mean not wanting to let them leave, haha. I really hope I can get Roald and Raymond. The latter seems super cool and the former is adorable as heck. I love penguins. I started out with Bill (jock duck) and Cherry (uchi doggo) then I got Cookie (peppy doggo), Nana (normal monkey), and Zucker (lazy octopus) who's the coolest of them all. I don't like takoyaki but he looks like one and that's awesome. I thought I might not like Cookie at first because of some of her earlier dialogue but now I really like her cause she's adorable and really friendly and also cause she was repeatedly Naruto Running earlier, lmao.

Was lucky enough with my Nook Miles Ticket (bought two yesterday knowing I won't be able to access Resident Services, hah!) earlier and ended up in the bamboo island! Was unlucky and foolish though, as I forgot to bring branches to make axes with and had to spend 300 Miles to collect bamboo pieces from all the trees. I also uprooted ten of them and planted them in my island, on top of the five bamboo shoots I dug up. Gonna try and grow a little bamboo grove up in my island! Just gotta do it right so I don't waste my apples whenever I wanna uproot any of them...

Ah, quick little question about the bamboo shoots though, I just need to have one tile of free space next to my bamboo trees for them to grow, right? I space mine apart one tile each... which I guess will prevent all three shoots from growing? Guess I have to move them apart a bit.
I have Zucker and he's rude to me constantly lol its ok because his head gets shinier when it rains. I think you can have up to 10 villagers so it'll be quite a party when you can fill up the island! For whatever you want to give them, they appreciate everything (in my experience) and they'll wear or display the things you give them.

For the bamboos, I think all trees need at least 2 tiles of space between them to grow and have space to drop things. I made a small fruit tree farm and spaced them all out like that.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Alright, new plan for Mabel shopping. I'll open the gate, if we hit 4 visitors at once, I'll close it. Once someone is done shopping they gather at the airport to signal their ready to leave and I'll boot the whole group. Afterwards a new dodo code will be posted in the thread.

Repeat until rush hour is over, then I'll keep the gate open.

It seemed like a decent plan but got foiled by the internet connection.

I've opened up again. I promise I'll keep Mabel available for shoppers for the next 3 hours. If you've got time, don't come rushing with all the others.

Tell the dodo to "6J3PC off!!"

Last edited:

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
It seemed like a decent plan but got foiled by the internet connection.

I've opened up again. I promise I'll keep Mabel available for shoppers for the next 3 hours. If you've got time, don't come rushing with all the others.

Tell the dodo to "84LGL off!!"

Coming!

Fake edit: says there is interference:(

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think they've been trying to make Animal Crossing less confrontational (like Pokemon?) for awhile now.

The mean pelican is gone, Nook isn't as pushy as he once was, Resetti has been reduced, Redd is gone so you're not getting cheated, and probably more.

Status
Not open for further replies.