• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Hello everyone :)

Am I correct in understanding that the daily refresh time is at 6am each day?

In other words, if I complete my day 1 tasks tonight when the game unlocks, will day 2 start a few hours later at 6am?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so here's a question, and I don't mean this in a bad way but this is my first AC game:

- Since the game works in real time, and if I don't want to mess with the system clock to "game it", if I'm waiting for "the next day" for stuff, I might aswell just call it a day for now and play something else?

I am currently waiting for both the museum to be ready and my home, after having paid Tom the 5k miles and buying the house. I've stripped the island clean of apples, weed and stone. There doesnt seem to be anything else "to do" right now while I wait so fair to say I should just come back tomorow and go back to finishing Ori or something?

Seems like a good game to play alongside something else, not necessarely on its own, at least this early on?

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Hello everyone :)

Am I correct in understanding that the daily refresh time is at 6am each day?

In other words, if I complete my day 1 tasks tonight when the game unlocks, will day 2 start a few hours later at 6am?
That's how it's always been, don't see that changing in this one.

This is freaking huge!!! I had no idea! We gotta get this threadmarked. I had no idea 6am started a new day and Ive played AC games before lol

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Does the hourly music unlock once you're fully out of the tutorial? Noticed it didn't change on the hour change between 12AM and 1.
It changes to hourly music once your unlock residential services. There's a video on YouTube of a town after one week of playing that already has residential services, so it'll switch to hourly music ~somewhere in the first week.

CHUNKYBOWSER

Nov 13, 2017
Osaka, Japan
I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but the only way for someone to visit your island is if you're inviting people? In other words, if I'm not online, my friends can't visit my island?

I would like to leave my island open to one or two people all the time.

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
Is same console co-op worthwhile in this? I was thinking of picking this up for my gf and I to play together, but the details on co-op have been slim.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
So I play tonight before midnight and that is day 1

Then I play tomorrow after 6am and that is day 2 so i can go online and stuff?

Thats apparently the case. iFirez Yo, you might hafta put this in the OT or a threadmark in how 6am actually starts a new day so midnight to 6 is still technically the same day lol I seriously had no idea

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
There's a map in the OP that shows exactly when the game unlocks.

Y1Semdl.jpg

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Playing this game makes me so happy.
And I got oranges which is the best fruit so I'm stoked about that

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
yeah i've seen a bunch of people elsewhere asking and i just assume that it is the same as it was in new leaf which was 6am

do we need to sleep for the day to pass? Im waiting for day 2 for stuff like the museum and the new house to "trigger" but I just saved and quit the game earlier, I didnt do to bed.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Never played an AC game but I'm tempted to get it. Is it like stardew valley? I never played harvest moon growing up but I really enjoy stardee

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Playing this game makes me so happy.
And I got oranges which is the best fruit so I'm stoked about that
If for any reason i have pears, could i cut down all the pears trees and only plant a different kind of fruit tree and get rid of the pears forever? (Meaning i wont have to reset the entire map)

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
I got pears as my fruit :< But I have just unlocked the ability to visit random islands, so I'm going to go gather all the other fruit and try and replace the pears in my town

Gila Moo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Encountered this weird glitch where I was shaking fruits off the trees and when one of them hit the ground it just disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else?

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I've only played a little bit so far but I've settled on a map I'm pretty happy with, and even ended up with one of the villagers I had my eye on - Agnes! She's adorable.

Goose on the other hand needs to GTFO asap.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Can you set the camera to be permanently isometric? I don't like the barrel rolling effect of the default.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm seeing contradicting things when this goes live. Is in a hour from now? or two hours from now?

Status
Not open for further replies.