• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so addicted already lol. Even paid my first debt off, set up Blather's tent, picked up all the weeds I could, got the first pockets expansion... it's just so fuuuun

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
If for any reason i have pears, could i cut down all the pears trees and only plant a different kind of fruit tree and get rid of the pears forever? (Meaning i wont have to reset the entire map)

I mean I've never tried it but i don't see why that wouldn't work
Unless new trees come up if you cut them all down but I don't think that happens

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
My God I'm already sucked in. It's soooo good. And I'm in Italy, I really needed some colours in my life right now.

P.S. How do I get a pocket expansion?

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
so here's a question, and I don't mean this in a bad way but this is my first AC game:

- Since the game works in real time, and if I don't want to mess with the system clock to "game it", if I'm waiting for "the next day" for stuff, I might aswell just call it a day for now and play something else?

I am currently waiting for both the museum to be ready and my home, after having paid Tom the 5k miles and buying the house. I've stripped the island clean of apples, weed and stone. There doesnt seem to be anything else "to do" right now while I wait so fair to say I should just come back tomorow and go back to finishing Ori or something?

Seems like a good game to play alongside something else, not necessarely on its own, at least this early on?

In previous games this has definitely been the case. You'll find yourself getting into a little routine. Mine was usually -wake up, put on new clothes, check the store and post office, wander around checking the rocks for money and searching for dig spots, and speaking to each animal at least once, making sure to visit each quadrant in the game. Then it's mostly time for side activities like fishing, bug hunting, doing errands for animals and decorating your house and writing letters. Some days there's a night time event so I'd log on again and check out a KK show or take part in a festival. On the Fourth of July there are fireworks.

But yes, after a certain point, unless you want to fish for hours or something you've done all you can for the day. Definitely an amazing complimentary game but not something I'd want to binge for hours and hours.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
It's Friday, I got this...

SRgCEwf.jpg

and I start "working" from home on Monday, w00t!

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
I really fear for Nintendo's servers, I hope they can handle the unprecedented influx of digital users that's about to occur.

Oct 25, 2017
I got pears as my fruit :< But I have just unlocked the ability to visit random islands, so I'm going to go gather all the other fruit and try and replace the pears in my town
I know you can get fruit from other places, but like previous Animal Crossing games, you can't replace your native fruit right? Did that change in New Horizions?

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else ready to reroll 50 times to get Bob as a villager?

Because I sure as fuck am

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
I am trying to figure out the best way to have my own town/island while my partner has his own town, and ideally we could visit each other. I have one Switch and a physical copy of the game on the way. I will note that I'm not averse to getting a second Switch if needed.

I know the save file is Switch-specific, so I'm guessing we wouldn't be able to have 2 separate towns on the same Switch even if I had one physical copy of the game and one digital copy? Or if I get a second Switch and one digital copy, is there a way I can play my digital copy on my Switch and have one town, while my partner plays the same digital copy on the second Switch and has a separate town (i.e., game sharing)?

Basically my question is whether we can have 2 towns without 2 consoles and 2 copies of the game.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Before I figure out a name for my island I need to know:

1. What's the English character limit?
2. If you can put a "Island or Isle" on your island's name, will it cause instances of NPCs saying "X Island Island" in dialogue?

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Before I figure out a name for my island I need to know:

1. What's the English character limit?
2. If you can put a "Island or Isle" on your island's name, will it cause instances of NPCs saying "X Island Island" in dialogue?
I believe the game explain thingy said they dont add island to it naturally you need to name it that yourself if you want to

Mr. Robot

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone know how profiles work? My SO started the game and made the island, but it seems like Nook named her the leader.
Will i be ignored from developing the island?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Got apples at the first try so I didn't even have to reset. My villagers are ok, Antonio and Plucky

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, WHAT?!

That's a thing? How long has that been a thing???

Only with New Horizons (and New Leaf, if you want to count Uchi and Smug villagers not being possible to get at the start).

Your two starting villagers can only be those that are uchi or jock personalities. It's... interesting.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
Wait, WHAT?!

That's a thing? How long has that been a thing???
It was a trend since we've started getting gameplay footage, and the trend turned into a thing. People were noticing no peppy/normal/lazy etc. villagers among the first 2 on your island and it went from there.
nookipedia.com

Big sister

Big sister, also known colloquially as uchi or sisterly, is a female villager personality type in the Animal Crossing series introduced in Animal Crossing: New Leaf...
nookipedia.com

Jock

Jock is a male villager personality type in the Animal Crossing series. Jock villagers are energetic and have an interest in physical fitness and activity. As of...
there's the lists of the villagers you could get (ignore Champ + all gamecube ones) Dom, the new sheep we've seen, is also a Jock villager so you could get him as well.

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017
You can't change the spot of the Nook Terminal later right? I'm resetting and trying to get a different fruit other than pears and oranges and so far the layouts I've picked out is for it to be somewhere in the middle.

animalcrossed

Oct 28, 2017
Got my copy (Australia) but now waiting for my Animal Crossing Switch to arrive. Wish Nintendo had supported save transfers 😭

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if it's even worth playing a bit tonight or waiting until tomorrow morning when everything will be open in island lol

Status
Not open for further replies.