• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I've been using this
www.gamespot.com

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Fish Guide - How To Catch, Prices, Shadow Sizes, And More

Here are all the fish--and where and when you can catch them--in Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch.

So this is the list of catches you need by the end of the March, it seems, for Northern Hemisphere:

Bitterling : Nov-Mar : River : All day

Football Fish : Nov-Mar : Ocean : 4 PM - 9 AM

Sea Butterfly : Dec-Mar : Ocean : All day

Stringfish : Dec-Mar : River (Clifftop) : 4 PM - 9 AM

Sturgeon : Sept - Mar : River (Mouth, where the river meets the sea) : All day

Yellow Perch : Oct - Mar : River : All day

Emperor Butterfly : Dec-Mar, June-Sept : Flying : 5 PM - 8 AM

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
How are people so advanced in this game already? I started playing on Saturday and I just got my house built and some random furniture put together and the medium quality tools unlocked and I can't do much else because every day I clear out my island of fruit, wood and stone and then just...go around fishing and collecting shells until resources respawn the next day

People are time travelling. Which, hey, is perfectly fine, but I always liked putting the game down for the day and waiting in real time to see what tomorrow brings after I get some sleep.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Loving all the music themed stuff I've been getting

ETzZFcpUYAARDyc

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So this is the list of catches you need by the end of the March, it seems, for Northern Hemisphere:

cliff tops means any cliffs or the highest one?

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

So all I need is a Stringfish now.

When you say "Clifftop", does that mean it only appears in the lakes at the top layer of town?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
So I have three different villiagers I met on random islands who want to move in.
But I understand I have to wait for Nook's shop to finish building before anything happens.
Is that right?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guys when does Nook tell you to find spots for residents? I've been to thre islands and invited all of them, and Nook hasn't mentioned any of it a single time.

Misuta

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Germany
I can't decide if should buy New Horizon or not. I played the Gamecube and the Wii titles before but dropped them after a few months. Is the Switch title better than the two?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody is going to make a graduate study out of "Animal Crossing and the Global Pandemic".

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Umm, so, built the museum, and what the heck? Did they seriously
remove both swimming/diving AND paintings? Because there don't seem to be spots for either.

The museum is beautiful and I'm liking a lot of what they've done with the game, but if that's the case, that really sucks.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god you can mass donate once the full museum is built, I had mountains of shit in anticipation and was preparing to strangle Blathers this morning but it wasn't bad at all

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I'm loving the way this game plays out in real time. I'm excited to see my progress advance every morning and I love that I can watch the sunset when the sun is setting in the real world or I can go night fishing before I go to bed.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing other members
But... its not lol. I have been on a few tours but got lucky with foreign fruit.
I've gone to an island with pears when I have oranges and a couple with bamboo. It's very rare though, yeah.
Its not. My cousin has cherries and he landed on an island with TONS of apple trees.
And I can tell you with absolute certainty that its just a super low chance :P Funny how absolute certainty works.
I think I've been on roughly ~25 tours, and I've run into 2 with foreign fruit (oranges; I have apples), and 2 with bamboo trees/shoots. No other novelty islands yet though (money, tarantulas, etc.).

There's a lot of deluded people in this thread.

Oct 30, 2017
Fire Emblem is a deep game that I really wanted to dig into when I played it. Animal Crossing and that can both swallow your soul, so not sure how many souls you have left to share during a single day :p Ace Attorney and RE seem like fine additions from which to relax on your island.
As someone who has beaten 2 routes in FE, 110+ hours, and recently put down AA after finishing first 4 cases in about 5 hours, and just started AC:NH, I'd say no you can't do all 3 at once.

I'd recommend picking one and sticking with it. FE and AC both just flow really well so I'd prepare for a 50+ hour play of each for the next few weeks or month. I mean if you have like 12+ hours a day to burn maybe, but if you're still working 8 hours per day (not guaranteed in this world atm) then I'd say pick one.

You could probably juggle AA with one of them too, but imo I'd just do FE or AC, then save the other for later.

You could play AC now, play for a few weeks, then start a FE route and focus on that with playing AC on the side once you've accomplished most of what you want and just doing daily activities.

Overall you're probably looking at 50 hours min for each FE run, maybe a little less each successive run, but 150+ hours for all 3 main, 200 if you do all 4 (tho if you save at the right time in BE you can cut the fourth run down in time) and AC would likely be 100-200 hours YMMV

Thank you both, will I miss anything jumping into AC so late though? Couple months down the line?

Aren't there daily challenges, what are the legs on these games, will the online/connectivity content be lost?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Just need stringfish, thanks

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to add me as a friend I'd be grateful.
Could do with more islands to visit. (and more friends)
Kinda bored while waiting for plot things to advance.

Friend Code : SW-0764-0409-5990

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
Day 3: Not impressed. Blather's museum is going to take another day to be built. Sorted everything for the 3 new villagers to start appearing, seems like today's gonna be more chilled out. Got the 3rd loan to pay off, but I might take it easy for this one.

I think I'm going to remap the whole of my island in the long term. If I ever find a way of earning bells quickly.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have never played an Animal Crossing game before and I have some questions about multiple users on the same Switch. I've heard there was some funky business with that.

I've read that you only get one island per Switch. Does that mean that one person's actions carry over to the other user? If I built a house (?) on a spot, does that mean that house will also exist there for the other user?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny... I'm enjoying taking my time, but then I'll take a quick peek in here or see what my friends are doing, see all their stuff, and I'm like, "HOW?" LOL

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have never played an Animal Crossing game before and I have some questions about multiple users on the same Switch. I've heard there was some funky business with that.

I've read that you only get one island per Switch. Does that mean that one person's actions carry over to the other user? If I built a house (?) on a spot, does that mean that house will also exist there for the other user?

The first person on the island is "in charge" after that any other accounts on your Switch will share their island but will be limited in what they can do.

It's dumb, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.