• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
90743354_10108112309648301_4082118208687964160_o.png

Music room coming together
Damn, that's awesome. Did you draw the designs yourself or use some tool for scanning them in?

I need to get better at using custom designs...

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's awesome. Did you draw the designs yourself or use some tool for scanning them in?

Much appreciated!

I wish I had the talent to draw those but I used acpatterns.com (I think that was the site anyway)

Makes it super easy to convert an image to the AC format, create a QR code, then scan it into your game with the Nintendo Switch Online app.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
Much appreciated!

I wish I had the talent to draw those but I used acpatterns.com (I think that was the site anyway)

Makes it super easy to convert an image to the AC format, create a QR code, then scan it into your game with the Nintendo Switch Online app.
Thanks! I will totally steal this idea for the 'mancave' I'm planning once I get a few house expansions lol.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I love this game...but at the same time I'm not sure if I like the strong focus on DIY, makes me think a lot of furnitures set might've been snuffed out just for this feature.
Then again, I might be wrong I didn't check the datamining thread.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
60/80 fish. This game coming out in March is not helping that longevity lol (southern hemisphere).
Yeah, i'm definitely feeling that. Right now i'm at 62/80 fish; i've gotten everything I can get in March down here in the southern hemisphere, and some stuff from the north too thanks to some friends inviting me over.

At least I have a lot to work on with the bugs; i'm only up to 43 with those.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh dont know if that was mentioned in the thread yet. But people that Keep burying only 10k because of some Past limit of 30k Return. Stop that and bury 99k for Belltrees.

Aww, I've been burying 10K at a time (3 trees now) because I was told that was the limit. Glad to know for future usage though.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
So I was fishing for 40 minutes trying to catch a Stringfish, I gave up and said I'll just do it tomorrow is my Resident Services tent will go under construction and so I decided to go an Island before I can't do it tomorrow and low and behold the first fish I caught on the island was a Stringfish lol.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I was fishing for 40 minutes trying to catch a Stringfish, I gave up and said I'll just do it tomorrow is my Resident Services tent will go under construction and so I decided to go an Island before I can't do it tomorrow and low and behold the first fish I caught on the island was a Stringfish lol.

Those AC feels. I spent hours yesterday trying to get a Sturgeon, happened across one this morning doing my run across the beaches for shells.

Deleted member 59

Just been farming clams and fish this morning Used about 100 bait and managed to get most of the fish i need barring Stringfish, Marlin, and the 3 ultra rare sea ones (oarfish, coelecanth and that other one). Just need to do the same again before the end of the month before i lose access to the Stringfish :(

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Ever see a spot on the ground on your island that is glowing. You dig it up and there is a bag of money. Well if you take Bells from your inventory and put them back into ground where the glowing spot is, it'll sprout into a money tree in three days that triples your investment.

The cap is 10,000, So most you can make is 30K which isn't bad all things considered.

Wow! Thanks for explaining!
Yep. I love all the little secrets that you can find and share with people

It helps having a great community!

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY

It's been a thing since New Leaf, I have been slowly converting the album art I made for that game over to this game.

It's odd they seem to lose some definition when converting them to New Horizons, a few look a bit worse than their New Leaf counterparts. Here's the link to my Reddit post from 6(!!!) years ago. https://www.reddit.com/r/ACQR/comments/1hgj6a/i_made_some_album_art_to_hang_in_my_music_room/ the QR codes on the Reddit post won't work for New Horizons for some reason.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
The game is really atmospheric when you're just wandering around at midnight and the wind is rustling through the trees... And honestly I kind of like the fact that the shop is closed, it adds to the feel, the kind of calming loneliness of being awake late at night.

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I finally found a tarantula island, I now have... a lot of them and i had to sacrifice all my gear and resources I keep on hand to get them but I think it will be worth it tomorrow when the shop opens up.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Aww, I've been burying 10K at a time (3 trees now) because I was told that was the limit. Glad to know for future usage though.

I wasn't aware they raised the cap.

Well If I find a glowing spot today / later when I wake up. I'm gonna bury 99K because it'll be nice to have by Sunday so I can take the near 300K to turn into Turnips for the Stalk Market.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Ever see a spot on the ground on your island that is glowing. You dig it up and there is a bag of money. Well if you take Bells from your inventory and put them back into ground where the glowing spot is, it'll sprout into a money tree in three days that triples your investment.

The cap is 10,000, So most you can make is 30K which isn't bad all things considered.

10,000 cap for putting in bells or for the total that the tree will give? Because I just put it 99,000 yesterday, I'm certain of it. Got three trees going, with around a 100k each. And now I'm worried.

Btw, does the money come out as fruit? Do you need to shake them for the bells? How does the ROI work? LOL

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The 10k Bells vs 90K bells is whether or not you like to gamble; 10K for the guaranteed profit, 90K for the chance of huge profit or to lose most of your investment.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
10,000 cap for putting in bells or for the total that the tree will give? Because I just put it 99,000 yesterday, I'm certain of it. Got three trees going, with around a 100k each. And now I'm worried.

Btw, does the money come out as fruit? Do you need to shake them for the bells? How does the ROI work? LOL

Money Bags literally grow on the trees and you can shake the trees for the bags to fall off.

16873.png

Typically it works like this. See shining spot on ground, dig it up and grab the 1,000 Bells and pocket it. Go into your inventory where your money is and pull a stash of 10K for guaranteed profit for more if you want to gamble.

Bury that stash of money in the glowing spot. Wait three days like any other freshly planted tree and it'll sprout into a money tree. It'll triple your investment 1000 becomes 3000 up to 10K becoming 30K.

Apparently you can put more into the hole but according to Numberfox's post above it's a gamble and it may or may not pay off.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I don't understand why they don't allow higher resolution options for the patterns, instead of that (imo) horrible vectorizer. Would be so helpful for both paintings and clothing >.<

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at a guide and it says you have to be at "the streams at the highest point on your map" and the highest point of my map just has a pond with a waterfall going instantly down to level 2. I assume the second level rivers work?

ah does it have to be a river? Mine is a pond going straight to a waterfall . Will try lower then..

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
pJAdC03.jpg

Almost wish that the custom images weren't a feature because now I'll never be done with this game. xD

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just spent hours and hours and hours trying to get a stringfish and I just can't get one. I think I'll just give up I can't do it.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got the 100 fish in a row nookmile so I can finally relax...I may have turned the game off quickly before it could autosave whenever I failed one.

Now if only I could catch that god damn sturgeon. Gone through 50 fish bait at this point.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone had the case of a missing villager? Kody isn't at his house but I've checked everywhere on my island 3 times and he's literally nowhere to be found.

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got multiple golden trout but still no stringfish. Grind it some more tomorrow I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.