• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a handy dandy list with all the March critters and how to obtain them? I think I've almost got them all by now but who knows

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

Deleted member 36186

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Hey all, I wanted to ask a quick question here to see if anyone can help :

I gifted the game to my gf yesterday and she played for around 20 minutes, up to the point where she went to sleep in-game for the first time after the welcoming celebration. She stopped there and simply suspended the Switch.

Today, she picked up the switch, clicked on the suspended game, and the Switch said there was an update available (I'm guessing for the console and not the game).

She proceeded with the update, and after it was done, she started the game but all progress had been erased. It's like she never played yesterday. She needs to create the character again and everything..

Anyone knows what happened? How does this game saving work? Is there an auto save or you have to save manually?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

One day.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Hey all, I wanted to ask a quick question here to see if anyone can help :

I gifted the game to my gf yesterday and she played for around 20 minutes, up to the point where she went to sleep in-game for the first time after the welcoming celebration. She stopped there and simply suspended the Switch.

Today, she picked up the switch, clicked on the suspended game, and the Switch said there was an update available (I'm guessing for the console and not the game).

She proceeded with the update, and after it was done, she started the game but all progress had been erased. It's like she never played yesterday. She needs to create the character again and everything..

Anyone knows what happened? How does this game saving work? Is there an auto save or you have to save manually?
Seems she didn't finish the setup part and the game doesn't save during it. It starts autosaving very frequently (and has a manual save and quit) as soon as you start the game proper. She would have had to go out of the tent, through a little dialogue and then the game would have said something about going by real world time. That marks the end of it iirc.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
What's with the duck that washes up on the shore? He was just lying there for a bit of a few days ago and he's now vanished off the face of the earth!

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
how many times are you meant to talk to him? i gave up after 3 times.

that was the second time i seen him. the first time i shovelled sand to find 5 computer parts or something for him.

The communicator parts is his quest. If you do it he should mail you a thank you gift. I believe they are a unique set of items you can only get through him

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
The communicator parts is his quest. If you do it he should mail you a thank you gift. I believe they are a unique set of items you can only get through him

ah ok. well i've done it. he sent me a hula dance doll (i think).

i was confused because the next day he appeared again sleeping on the beach.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Me and all my friends with the game have absurd stupid low prices for the turnips. Something tells me the game knows people in my friend list and thats why they also get shit prices.
They didnt buy turnips on sunday, im the only one that have them, but is impossible that 5 of them all get furing all week prices of only 50 to 100 at most.

If someone gets them for at least 300 please send me a message or something, im starting to go crazy lol.
I have the left part of a megaloceros fossil if anyone wants in exchange.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to grab Cherry Salmon, a sturgeon, and a stringfish overnight. Flubbed the Cast Master 100 mile just shy of the mark, but pretty sure I'll get back there and pass it. Helps that I stopped using the Pro Controller when fishing.

Meanwhile, I probably have over 150k of critters stacked everywhere and in storage. Hopefully today the 348k loan is behind me and can move on to whatever is next. Can't wait for the neighbors to finish moving in, because these samey-native fruit mystery islands are a nuisance.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
You know, when I started the game, I was expecting to be constantly looking for iron, seeing how little you can get at the beginning.
But now that 1 week has passed since then, the thing I need the most is...
Wood.
Like normal wood.
I have over 100 pieces of hardwood and softwood, meanwhile I'm struggling to have more than 40 pieces of normal wood at the end of the day.

Last edited:

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have 2 tatami floors one says tatami, the other says rush tatami.
I ordered that flag. Should be there by tomorrow morning :)

What is the difference between the two floors?
Oooh really like that room! I'm trying to find an island with bamboo, no luck so far :(
You'll get to one eventually *fingers crossed*

I had two mystery islands with bamboo out of the ~10+ I've visited.
Are the Fortune Cookie items from NL in the game in any capacity?
Haha, I know that this won't be the answer you were looking for... but there is a fortune cookie cart from the Pocket Camp Promotional DLC :D

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
You know, when I started the game, I was expecting to be constantly looking for iron, seeing how little you can get at the beginning.
But now that 1 week has passed since then, and the thing I'm need the most is...
Wood.
Like normal wood.
I have over 100 pieces of hardwood and softwood, meanwhile I'm struggling to have more than 40 pieces of normal wood at the end of the day.
Same here! Regular wood is not as common as one would think.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Stupid question. The Resident Services is under construction for me today. Is there any way to pay down my current loan, get a plane ticket, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.