• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nester

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've been planting all my money trees up on the highest area of my island, at the very back and none of them are growing. Anyone know why?

Are you planting them in the spots that are glowing and have a bag of bells in them initially? You can't just make a money tree out of a bag of bells, they have to grow in specific spots.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can't cash in Nook Miles today... so do I casually play around, or do I grind out Miles for tomorrow? Decisions...

Also, anyone catch a Marlin yet? Do they only spawn on the pier on your island, or can they spawn on random islands too?

Vitor

Oct 30, 2017
I'm getting the game next week (finally), does anyone have a guide for unlocking stuff as soon as possible on the 1st week?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Are you planting them in the spots that are glowing and have a bag of bells in them initially? You can't just make a money tree out of a bag of bells, they have to grow in specific spots.
What I've been doing is planting the bells in the glowing spot, then uprooting the tree and moving them all to a dedicated spot (As I'd read you can do so) but it seems they have to stay in that initial glow area?

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I've been planting all my money trees up on the highest area of my island, at the very back and none of them are growing. Anyone know why?

i think you need to plant them back in the hole you dug them out of? once you dig it out it keeps glowing so i think you need to put it back in there or it wont grow anywhere else.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I hope I'm doing this right. This should be okay right? It won't have any problem growing? Or do I still need a space between the tree and the fence?
ACNH1.jpg

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know how he did it (game programming obviously), but Derwin found a way to get from his home on the top portion of the island to the lower level. Clever bastard clearly has a ladder. He was nice enough to give me the Bashfulness reaction. That will come in handy...provided I can use Isabelle for Photopia ;)

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
i think you need to plant them back in the hole you dug them out of? once you dig it out it keeps glowing so i think you need to put it back in there or it wont grow anywhere else.

I see, I guess what I read about being able to move them once planted in the hole was wrong. Well, that sucks. I'll not bother planting any until the ones I have are gone. Thanks for the info.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what part of the Nook point catalog rotates daily? A bunch of stuff got added to it today and I'm wondering whether I should buy some of the things I'm interested in already. Until now, the fence blueprints changed every day so will the other blueprints too? What about the other public works type of items you can buy?

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
I think I messed up when I named my character, because now there's a space between the name and punctuation, i.e: "Hedaco , nice to see you!" instead of "Hedaco, nice to see you!" -- I think I need to start my save over to make it go away, because it's the most annoying thing in the world.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, another quick flower question. Is it okay to plant flowers on the beach? I the game allows it I'm just worried they'll die or something.

Nintendo Direct Mini - Shows new event updates coming soon to ACNH

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017

new mini direct shows some easter event stuff @ 8:30.

also another update later in april will "usher in some newly added features including an earth day event."

what i noticed in this vid is that only non-fruit trees will turn pink. so,... if youre getting rid of all your normal trees, its not going to be as pretty. also, hidden eggs appear in normal trees.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man I LOVE this.
I also want to make a Japanese styled home and I'm well on my way, but I seriously need better walls already.
Right now I'm still using the standard white walls because it fits the most with my current setup.
I've already added a little bamboo forest in my backyard, kinda hoping we can add a Torii Gate, but I haven't seen any.
All I need right now are some traditional clothes...

I hope there is something like a kimono.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
It is odd you cannot use the touchscreen for everything in handheld mode, only for keyboard and patterns, I hope this gets patched.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So is there no way to access the Miles System while the resident service building is under construction?

So my daily log in bonus is trashed? 😭

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was lucky enough to find the Tarantula Island last night. Ended up making about 210,000 bells from all the tarantulas I sold. Paid off my house loan, and immediately got another house loan lmao

This game is addicting fun :)

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay good...glad I made a home DIY set.

Also first two fish today I caught were a Sturgeon and an Oarfish. Nice.

Jan 4, 2018
Anyone got good turnip prices at their store today? Mine's only like 10 Bells higher than what I paid for them and that's the best I've gotten so far this week.

Achire

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how writing letters to villagers work? Should I be attaching presents and if so, what should I gift? Thanks!

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I think they need to tweak is whatever they're using to calculate which fruit appears on mystery islands.

I started with Apples and have taken about 10 trips now. One island featured bamboo, two or three cherries and the rest were apples. Not a single orange, peach or pear. Just had apples twice in a row, again. Starting to get annoying now spending miles on tickets just for the same fruit trip after trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.