• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
EeuBo1jWoAA2pIl

The last number we had from the IR site was 11.77 million copies sold as of March 31st.

Switch hardware is also now at 61.44 million units sold (up from 55.77 million units sold back on March 31st, 2020).

Last edited by a moderator:

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
It's basically already doubling LTD of previous handheld entries and it has yet to pass its first holiday season.

Animal Crossing will be a 40m+ game when it's all said and done.

mtel

Oct 29, 2017
Oh my gosh - 20+ mil in less than 6 months? This is like a Rockstar release

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing New Horizon's One Big Problem

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I knew it was successful, but over 20M in this timespan? I said damn

The thing is, the more updates they do, the more it'll keep selling. GaaS was the perfect model for AC to go to constantly stay in the gaming news cycle.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Tom Nook is making stacks so fat you can't see him behind the mountains of cash.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Motherfucker what the hell? 22m already? I knew this game was gonna do very well but this is insane.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
One of those once in a generation lightning in a bottle sales boosts thanks to the circumstances around it. I might have passed on it if it wasn't for quarantine. First Animal Crossing and I really enjoyed it.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
More than Pokemon and closing in on Mario Kart? Holy crap! This will be the Switch's top franchise in no time. Never would've thought. Aside from the game being boring, I would've thought it had already settled in as a 2nd-tier franchise.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even if it was already the case, this game's future is set in stone, we will see update for this game every year until the switch die, that's for sure, same thing happened for Animal Crossing on 3DS even after 5 years (less smaller update and more big ones tho)