• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Wow we gettin' the spotlight!
I played a ton of the Australia Camp so I feel pretty burned out.

Anyone still playing New Leaf? Anyone got some cool amiibo visitors to share?

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Ankha and snootys are the best
v5OqKHQ.jpg

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
Bought New Leaf a couple weeks ago, but haven't started it yet. Been wanting to play an Animal Crossing and Pikmin game forever. Speaking of, I really hope the Switch gets that HD collection for the Pikmin series. Not buying a Wii-U to play it.

gela94

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just tried to start the game but it returns to the mainscreen after I answer the questions from the dog T_T 2nd nintendo mobile game that doesn't work.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
WEll thats the problem my phone is not rooted and it sounds like a pain to try this with some app. So is AC New Leaf still worth it or better wait for switch game?? I only played home designer.

New Leaf, especially after the update, is a superb game. Even vanilla New Leaf was a huge jump from its previous versions for once. Happy Home Designer in comparison is about as shallow as the phone game, and all the QoL stuff that came with HHD (such as easy room designing) was since patched into New Leaf anyway.

Put it this way, most of the regulars in the AC Community here and from the other forum put well over 500 hours into New Leaf.

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Playing Pocket Camp has given me the animal crossing itch. Gonna start a new game in New Leaf. Pocket camps not enough I need more!

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WEll thats the problem my phone is not rooted and it sounds like a pain to try this with some app. So is AC New Leaf still worth it or better wait for switch game?? I only played home designer.

New Leaf is still really great, I guess it's up to you if you want to wait for the Switch Animal Crossing but New Leaf is still worth playing

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
I started over in New Leaf about a year ago (after putting several hundreds of hours in it the first time around). Put it down shortly thereafter, but then rediscovered it a month or 2 ago. Now it's back in my daily rotation.

AC Pocket Camp is fun, but it doesn't really give me the freedom that NL does. I look at it in a similar way as Happy Home Designer. Both are fun, but play second fiddle to the true AC experience.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
I tried joining the New Leaf discord, and it looks like either nobody is on, or people cant see my posts. Is there a vetting period?

Should be fixed.

For anyone else, @ either me or Weemadarthur on the Discord server with your username here (or PM me) if you're having that issue as well.

Last edited:

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
approaching 12th anniversary with wild world - twice a day since 2005 (along with my wife in her town, too :) )...

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the answer is no, but have there been any hints from Nintendo about AC on the Switch? All the Pocket Camp I've been playing the past few days is making me want to play a full AC, but I have a tendency to burn out on them eventually so I'd rather not bother if there is one coming next year.
Sorry your question got missed for a long time.
No, no hints from Nintendo. But we all assume (partly because we are optimists and we want it) that there will be a Switch game eventually.
I have a copy of the original AC lying around somewhere, is it worth playing? Should I buy New Leaf instead?
Try the one you have. Lots of people love it best, New Leaf sorta milds out a lot of gameplay and some people find that less....ACish, if you see what I mean.
If you feel cramped by some things in the original but otherwise like the game, you can try New Leaf instead.

I put in....probably over 2000 hours.
It's still worth it but the entirety of the old cool dream town history got wiped, so looking at dream towns needs to be done with an understanding that old info on the web is out of date.

MrBrawl96

Oct 27, 2017
HOLD UP! If I have tom nook AND KK's chairs at my site, does only one show up? I can I not have both at my site at the same time?

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
HOLD UP! If I have tom nook AND KK's chairs at my site, does only one show up? I can I not have both at my site at the same time?
Nope, just one at a time sadly.
Sorry your question got missed for a long time.
No, no hints from Nintendo. But we all assume (partly because we are optimists and we want it) that there will be a Switch game eventually.

No problem, I didn't think there was any info on it yet anyway. Although, I have to say, the number of people questioning if a Switch version will come out eventually is a bit terrifying! I know they skipped the Wii U, but surely something has to be coming.

Guess for now, I'll start over in New Leaf. I didn't play enough of that anyway.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Pocket Camp is my jam but I definitely do wish there was more to do in terms of content.

Im hopeful for updates that will expand the game a little more.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
With Pocket Camp out (I have downloaded but not played it yet), I am itching to get back in to New Leaf. I left my town to rot like 2 years ago - is it better to just restart a new game or can I resurrect my abandoned town?

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
With Pocket Camp out (I have downloaded but not played it yet), I am itching to get back in to New Leaf. I left my town to rot like 2 years ago - is it better to just restart a new game or can I resurrect my abandoned town?
You can sell your abandoned town with the free dlc. Then start over with its bell-value in your pocket.
Or just go back and see which one villager moved out and listen to them whine once about you abandoning them (shuttup isabelle :( ).

Did you hate your town layout? If so, start over. Nothing can fix that.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't be too hard to resurrect, especially if you had the beautiful ordinance going.

You can sell your abandoned town with the free dlc. Then start over with its bell-value in your pocket.

I had no idea this was a thing, I'm glad I won't have to start completely over.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Or just go back and see which one villager moved out and listen to them whine once about you abandoning them (shuttup isabelle :( ).

Did you hate your town layout? If so, start over. Nothing can fix that.

i had no idea i could sell it!!!!! I don't LOVE my town layout so i'm totally selling my that mofo lol. Thsnks for the infos :)

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Look up how to properly do it though. If you log on as the wrong person it save past the event or something.

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this game-thread sticky?!
Because of the Community Spotlight program, which stickies threads that signed up for the program temporarily, in order to allow them to be more findable for anyone interested. A different thread will be sticky next (week?) er....time period.

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
Because of the Community Spotlight program, which stickies threads that signed up for the program temporarily, in order to allow them to be more findable for anyone interested. A different thread will be sticky next (week?) er....time period.
I like this feature, I wasn't aware there was an AC Community here. : )

Something that I LOVE in this series is how creative you can get and the games encourage you to it.
It actually got me to try pixel art for the first time, and now I'm huge pixelated fan of it.

Some stuff I have done:
Balenciaga Rottweiler shirt.
tumblr_nwx1i2YGZS1qcu3n2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nwx1i2YGZS1qcu3n2o5_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nwx1i2YGZS1qcu3n2o2_r1_400.png
tumblr_nwx1i2YGZS1qcu3n2o3_r1_400.jpg

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Restarted my New Leaf village and named it Rivia as I'm continuing to play The Witcher 3.
Only a few days in and I can't say what's already been said about the game but it's a fantastic palate cleanser which I can pick up and play and even take out to work with me.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
You collect real life money of your local currency, and place a 100-note on your keyboard every day.

Once the sticky-gods have deemed your offering sufficient, the thread will be unstickied.
100 note doesnt fit on my Ipad keyboard dammit. Now i have to wait 3 times more....but wondering, can i time travel?

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo sure made selling your town more complicated than it needed to be. Apparently you have to select the option to recreate the town, confirm it, and if your town is eligible to sell Tom Nook will appraise it and give you the option. If you're not eligible you just deleted your town (unless they've patched it). What a weird system.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I've had New Leaf for few months and it hasn't clicked for me. AC on wii got me hooked for a while, but no luck here.

The game just feels kinda slow and clunky. Wish it had shorter load times and faster dialogue and better item management

Any tips?

AHappyPanda

Oct 25, 2017
I've had New Leaf for few months and it hasn't clicked for me. AC on wii got me hooked for a while, but no luck here.

The game just feels kinda slow and clunky. Wish it had shorter load times and faster dialogue and better item management

Any tips?

Wait for AC Switch ultimately...The AC series as a whole lacks a lot of quality of life features and many of us are hoping AC Switch remedies that.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo sure made selling your town more complicated than it needed to be. Apparently you have to select the option to recreate the town, confirm it, and if your town is eligible to sell Tom Nook will appraise it and give you the option. If you're not eligible you just deleted your town (unless they've patched it). What a weird system.

I think Isabelle will ask if you are absolutely sure you want to delete the town if your town cannot be sold. And if it can she will ask if you want to make a new town or take a break.
It could be easier for sure but you don't have to risk deleting your town if you want to see if you can sell it