• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This topic is for discussion of all things Animal Crossing. AC Pocket Camp (Mobile), New Leaf, older games. Even rampant speculation and prayers for a Switch game.

Here is the link to the Nintendo Direct for AC Mobile. https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-24-2017/

And I'd like to take the opportunity to say that I dislike Australia for constantly being east of me and always getting cool things first, like Fridays, and AC Mobile. (Especially if they are venomous arthropods. )

For anyone who play New Leaf still, and needs to coordinate with people or ask for help with turnips/art/stuff, join up here https://discord.gg/tf2TRgF
Please @mods in the discord and introduce yourself to the group so you can be put into a recognized Era member category. If you are lurking and want to join our discord, go ahead! We'd love to have you! Please also introduce yourself and say you lurk era/gaf and don't have an account, you will still be recognized. You can also PM any of the mods, who are purple colored. We are a very casual server and joke around a lot.

The OT just for Pocket Camp is here https://www.resetera.com/threads/animal-crossing-pocket-camp-ot-bear-grylls.1995/

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
AC Mobile is actually awesome. Wasn't expecting the game to be this good.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Traded with a lot of the AC folks on New Leaf, looking forward to more of the same when the rest of us can play the mobile game!

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have the lifestyle to play games on a phone but I hope Pocket Camp is good.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
did you know fruit and stuff auto stacks on the new mobile game :o

n1IAFCP.png

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Nintendo is ever going to return to the more... sleepy... vibe of the first Animal Crossing. It really felt like a small village whose only steps into the modern age (convenience centers, large homes) came from the player's contributions. Since then we've moved on to towns being directly adjacent to bus lines, having ATMs inside of them right off of the bat, and (with Welcome Amiibo) being home to straight-up campgrounds with parking spaces. It just seems like a pretty large shift. That's not even talking about things like the much less cynical writing and dark color palette, but one thing at a time.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for letting me crash your chat room to blab about the mobile game. :P Hope to add some of you guys when it fully releases!

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
I wonder if Nintendo is ever going to return to the more... sleepy... vibe of the first Animal Crossing. It really felt like a small village whose only steps into the modern age (convenience centers, large homes) came from the player's contributions. Since then we've moved on to towns being directly adjacent to bus lines, having ATMs inside of them right off of the bat, and (with Welcome Amiibo) being home to straight-up campgrounds with parking spaces. It just seems like a pretty large shift. That's not even talking about things like the much less cynical writing and dark color palette, but one thing at a time.

After New Leaf's night club it feels like there's no going back.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed that aspect/atmosphere of the first game too, but I don't think we'll really see it return. New Leaf was really upbeat and I think that's gonna set the trend moving forward.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a lot of New Leaf on my 3DS lately. The perfect game to play on my lunch break

Caeda

Oct 25, 2017
Danbury, CT
The mobile game is a lot better than I was expecting. Nintendo Mobile teams never fail to make something better than expected! Now for AC Switch to exist...

Deleted member 1265

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't post too much in the original threads but I'd like to become fairly active in here.

I haven't played AC in ages but with the lack of appeal for the mobile game with me and the no current Switch news, I'm thinking of restarting in New Leaf. It's going to be my third reset and I'm really dreading unlocking all the shops and getting fruits/tools and such in the beginning again. :'(

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Between the original, Wild World and City Folk, which one would be the best for a newcomer to the series?
New Leaf for sure. City Folk is kinda like an updated version of Wild World, and not portable on top of that. New Leaf adds so much in terms of content, but also in QoL features, it's not even funny. With the Welcome Amiibo update (for which you don't need any amiibo), they added even more stuff in for free, including fun minigames, so get that one for sure.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
Didn't post too much in the original threads but I'd like to become fairly active in here.

I haven't played AC in ages but with the lack of appeal for the mobile game with me and the no current Switch news, I'm thinking of restarting in New Leaf. It's going to be my third reset and I'm really dreading unlocking all the shops and getting fruits/tools and such in the beginning again. :'(

I'd go ahead and do it. I restarted my town about a week ago because the mobile game got me interested. I'm really enjoying rediscovering all the shops and meeting a new set of villagers.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rather torn on what to do with the mobile game.

In all likely hood we'll have to restart if wanted to link our normal non-Aus Nintendo account to the mobile game, once it launches outside. So do I keep playing? Do I make a AUS Nintendo account just for it. *sigh*

Wish they'd have just released it everywhere...

Oct 25, 2017
New Leaf for sure. City Folk is kinda like an updated version of Wild World, and not portable on top of that. New Leaf adds so much in terms of content, but also in QoL features, it's not even funny. With the Welcome Amiibo update (for which you don't need any amiibo), they added even more stuff in for free, including fun minigames, so get that one for sure.
I see. The problem is that those are the only ones I have access to.

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys. Baby steps. The top of my head's missing and I have a 2. Otherwise, we're all good here.

Pocket Camp is amazing. I've just hit level 13 and built my first Amenity. It is genuinely everything I hoped a mobile AC would be.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I see. The problem is that those are the only ones I have access to.
Ah, for some reason I thought you also had New Leaf. My bad. I'd say go for Wild World if you like the portable aspect of the game. City Folk is pretty much the same thing but expanded, but I find it kind of a chore to play Animal Crossing on a TV console since it's mostly a pick up & play game, where you play ~30 min per day. They don't really feel like console experiences and I hate having to switch out the discs everytime I want to play something else. The same can be said for cartridges though.

So it probably comes down to if you want to be able to take it with you (it's a great game to play for a little while in bed before you go to sleep, or to start the day with), or if you want to play it on the big screen.

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Actually put in the link, if anyone was missing it. Catching up slowly, today.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Close to getting Cherry into my camp. Favorite of the mobile crew so far. Only problem is she's probably too cool for my "natural" campground...

User ID: 36873421783