• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
My campground in PC now has the street and half-pipe amenities. It is really adorable to see the animals skating on the half-pipe and I hope Animal Crossing on Switch has amenities.

Kaxey

Nov 16, 2017
I can't wait for the Switch version. I like Pocket Camp but it's nowhere near as comfy as the console versions. Something about "lay in bed with a controller and get lost in your own little town for a couple hours" is much more comfy than Pocket Camp's premise, which is cute but is more or less a series of fetch quests.

I have been wanting a switch but can't justify it yet, as I'm trying to be a more patient gamer. But I can't possibly be patient for a new, full fledged AC game.

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can't wait for the Switch version. I like Pocket Camp but it's nowhere near as comfy as the console versions. Something about "lay in bed with a controller and get lost in your own little town for a couple hours" is much more comfy than Pocket Camp's premise, which is cute but is more or less a series of fetch quests.

I have been wanting a switch but can't justify it yet, as I'm trying to be a more patient gamer. But I can't possibly be patient for a new, full fledged AC game.

Iam just waiting for animal Crossing and Pokemon switch to hit the shelves. After that you can see the Switch melting Away

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Don't forget New Leaf players that your villagers will be giving out clues to what they want for Toy Day.
I always use the guide for this to get all the gifts correct, but I so want to keep the Jingle sack though :(

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

It would be best for you to wait for an announcement for AC Switch, so that you can then order the system and pre-order the game on the same day. Especially if there isn't anything else on the system that doesn't interest you ATM.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey! Found this place thanks to the community spotlight! It really works!

It's weird, New Leaf just never managed to hook me, but Pocket Camp hot me like a fucking train. I'm currently level 31, and I can't put it down. And I know it infinitely more stripped down, and actually find myself wishing it had the depth and features of NL, but even still I pop open that app every three hours.

Maybe I just like filling bars? I do hope the "leveling up friends" aspect carries over somewhat. And I do like how instant it is to connect with so many people, albiet the limited interaction. My addiciton is fueled by wanting to get as many items as possible to deck out my areas for when people visit.

If AC: Switch can make it as easy to visit towns and homes as it is in Pocket Camp, I may feel the same. If I recall it was pretty cumbersome in New Leaf, as you had to take a train or something just to visit one place? Waaay too time consuming. Plus there were so many inefficient UI choices that drove me mad.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Man I would kill for a Switch Animal Crossing. Nintendo's going to suplex the Internet when they finally announce one with some footage.

superpretend

Oct 26, 2017
It really bugs me that they didn't bother putting snow into Pocket Camp for winter. I know it's summer in Australia and some other countries, but I'm sure they could've programmed it for different countries.

Coztoomba

Oct 28, 2017
It really bugs me that they didn't bother putting snow into Pocket Camp for winter. I know it's summer in Australia and some other countries, but I'm sure they could've programmed it for different countries.

Everything still looks like Autumn atm which is right. Australia is spring right now so it's not based on that. I don't think Winter technically starts util the 21st of December this year.

There's no snow in New Leaf at the moment. I think it starts around the 10th/11th of Dec? I'm not completely sure. I'd be shocked if Pocket Camp didn't switch at the same time.

Last edited:

superpretend

Oct 26, 2017
Guess I jumped the gun a bit there! Guess all the Xmas bonus items threw me off! Looking forward to some snow!

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Good timing! I'm actually picking up Animal Crossing: A New Leaf again because of the mobile game.

Shame December isn't such a great month for fishing and bug catching. :(

My house is an utter mess. Spent the morning commute reorganizing my wardrobe. Why was I saving one orange and one apple? God knows.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My daughter started playing new leaf again after playing pocket camp made her want real AC. But my n3DS doesn't seem to hold a charge anymore (had left it on the dock for probably months). It shows the ac adapter icon to say it's charging but no matter how long you leave it, when you unplug it flashes red.

It isn't that old but dead battery?

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
How good were the Wii Games? I've been buying wii games lately and I've seen them over at gamestop from time to time. But I've hold off on buying them because I think there is more than one and I don't know if you have to play one first to play the other.
I've never played an animal crossing game before.

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How good were the Wii Games? I've been buying wii games lately and I've seen them over at gamestop from time to time. But I've hold off on buying them because I think there is more than one and I don't know if you have to play one first to play the other.
I've never played an animal crossing game before.
They aren't a series that has story you'll miss out on or anything. They're mostly very similar gameplay-wise, and have recurring characters. Any game should be a fine entry point (although if anyone has any particular endorsements, speak up, I've only played New Leaf myself).

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
How good were the Wii Games?

The only Animal Crossing game on the Wii is City Folk and there isn't much of a reason to play that now if you have a 3DS. Even back then City Folk was a step back for the series. The big draw of that game is a city you can visit but it has mostly the same services that are in your town in New Leaf. There is Gracie's store, the salon, Kicks' shoe store, Shrunk's theater, Redd's shop, etc. There are no public works projects in City Folk. You can get a fountain and a lighthouse and extra bridges but that is about it.

There is no online support for the game anymore. Other than that it is mostly the same gameplay. You catch bugs and fish, find fossils, pay off your mortgage (and the house expnasions are also limited), breed flowers, etc. There is no island nor is there a QR scanner for sharing designs.

New Leaf offers a lot more to do and there will almost certainly be a Switch entry in the series. If you are okay with a pared back experience and not being able to get help from other players online then you might enjoy City Folk but I wouldn't bother playing it in 2017-2018.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Question...

Do I need to place the furniture that the NPCs require for them to visit my camp?

Or do I just have to craft them?

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thinking about new stuff they could add gets me excited for a new AC game.
Also it will be nice to play an Animal Crossing game in HD

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Really hoping for some big improvements to the Switch version. I want more robust multiplayer features. I do like in Pocket Camp how easy it is to visit another person's campsite, for instance.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Man I would kill for a Switch Animal Crossing. Nintendo's going to suplex the Internet when they finally announce one with some footage.

So true. Im hungrily awaiting the switch version. I wonder if they'll have really upgraded it or if it'll stay true to form for AC sequels and be largely more of the same plus one new gimmick. I hope they continue the Switch 1st party game tradition of throwing out the rule book and really going nuts!

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
The only Animal Crossing game on the Wii is City Folk and there isn't much of a reason to play that now if you have a 3DS. Even back then City Folk was a step back for the series. The big draw of that game is a city you can visit but it has mostly the same services that are in your town in New Leaf. There is Gracie's store, the salon, Kicks' shoe store, Shrunk's theater, Redd's shop, etc. There are no public works projects in City Folk. You can get a fountain and a lighthouse and extra bridges but that is about it.

There is no online support for the game anymore. Other than that it is mostly the same gameplay. You catch bugs and fish, find fossils, pay off your mortgage (and the house expnasions are also limited), breed flowers, etc. There is no island nor is there a QR scanner for sharing designs.

New Leaf offers a lot more to do and there will almost certainly be a Switch entry in the series. If you are okay with a pared back experience and not being able to get help from other players online then you might enjoy City Folk but I wouldn't bother playing it in 2017-2018.
Thanks a lot for this info. I don't have a 3ds currently which is why I was looking into playing that Wii version. I'm kind of hesitant on trying to get a 3ds now as it seems to be on it's way out but I'm sure that there will be some good amount of time left on it's lifespan the earlier that I get it I guess.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think amenities, outdoor customizations and the ability to easily check out other players's spaces would be very welcome in A.C. Switch.

I would like some good additions as well as some refinements.
I think the only thung that would be baffling in the switch game is if fruit didn't stack

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
Thanks a lot for this info. I don't have a 3ds currently which is why I was looking into playing that Wii version. I'm kind of hesitant on trying to get a 3ds now as it seems to be on it's way out but I'm sure that there will be some good amount of time left on it's lifespan the earlier that I get it I guess.

One is glad to be of service.

For what it is worth, there is still a large New Leaf community out there, particularly on Reddit. I suspect the community will still be strong until A.C. Switch comes out.

c0untzer0

Nov 13, 2017
I've been playing New Leaf and this is my first time I'll be able to do the Toy Day content. I read a post earlier that starting on Dec. 1 the villagers tell you what they want for gifts. Is it only on Dec. 1? I've been talking to my villagers and haven't gotten any hints in terms of what they want so far.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing New Leaf and this is my first time I'll be able to do the Toy Day content. I read a post earlier that starting on Dec. 1 the villagers tell you what they want for gifts. Is it only on Dec. 1? I've been talking to my villagers and haven't gotten any hints in terms of what they want so far.

It's everyday up until toy day. Sometimes you have to talk to them a lot but they can tell you the color or the type of item. As an example, so far I have gotten:

Drago - yellow
Groucho - food
Muffy - carpet
Carmen - orange

It's kind of annoying sometimes, but you just have to keep speaking to them unfortunately.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Couple of additions coming to Pocket Camp next month.

c5omEXE.png

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So once again I messed up on the Turnips!

Bought a load of them and:
Day Morning - Afternoon
Monday $83 - $80
Tuesday $133 - $151
Wednesday $365 - $162

I bought at $97 and sold half at $133 and then the other half at $151

I have read the guide and know about the different scenarios but I still always miss out when the price goes huge :(

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I hope everyone playing New Leaf has been finding out what their villagers want from Jingle, I have a full list and I know exactly what each villager wants.

5TLmtJo.png

neko

Oct 25, 2017
Pokke Village, Sweden
Since Nintendo don't want me to play Pocket Camp on my rooted phone (I think it's because of the Xposed framework or the Viper4Android app) I decided to start over in New Leaf and I didn't know you could sell your town! I got a hefty 14,000,000 bells that I decided to get in 100 daily payments with 10% interest. Very nice, my loans will be paid off pretty soon. :)