• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
With all the UK stores showing off pre-order bonuses for New Horizons, hopefully stores in other countries start announcing some too.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Those Hori bags/accessories are on sale at Play Asia. I'll probably wait and try my luck on amazon though.

There's more accessories coming too they're all cashing in. Nook really will be rolling with the bells

keys-factory-accessory-animal-crossing-switch-cover-skin-1.jpg

keys-factory-accessory-animal-crossing-switch-cover-skin-2.jpg

keys-factory-accessory-animal-crossing-switch-lite-cover-skin-1.jpg

keys-factory-accessory-animal-crossing-switch-lite-cover-skin-2.jpg

keys-factory-accessory-animal-crossing-switch-quick-pouch-1.jpg

keys-factory-accessory-animal-crossing-switch-cartridge-pods-open.jpg

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Here's hoping we have more island information before the end of the week...

It's been 8 long years.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like New Leaf came out way long ago, but it was only mid-2013 (US)!
I have been listening to a TON of AC music this weekend (and currently a rainy day mix on youtube).

Starting to make the wait longer for myself when I was doing so good last year to constantly distract myself with other games (Thank you Dragon Quest Builders 2!).

Here's to hoping this can grip me as tightly as all previous entries. Wild World is the one I spent the MOST amount of time with (online play was crazy when paired with an AC-focused message board I frequented at the time). City Folk was such an embarrassment though. New Leaf was nice and not iterative, but the online components just weren't enough of an expansion from WW. Here's to hoping they can really take some hints from other successful adjacent games to bump that experience up.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I quite like the pins Nintendo UK Store is offering, but they are the most expensive outlet.

Otherwise I may go for a cheaper price and get the Isabelle keyring 356games or Simplygames are offering.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone with a Japanese copy want to help me get oni masks for the bean festival February 3rd? Since release I've want them, but have never been able to get them or even trade or buy them.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Anyone know where save games are likely to be stored on Switch AC?

I'm looking at physical or digital and my only reason to go physical atm is if the saves are stored on the cart and something happens to my switch I haven't lost my AC game but if the saves are on the console for both digital and physical then it really makes no difference I guess (and it would be nice to have AC always on there along with whatever else I'm playing)

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Anyone know where save games are likely to be stored on Switch AC?

I'm looking at physical or digital and my only reason to go physical atm is if the saves are stored on the cart and something happens to my switch I haven't lost my AC game but if the saves are on the console for both digital and physical then it really makes no difference I guess (and it would be nice to have AC always on there along with whatever else I'm playing)
Saves are on the console with Switch games.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Cool, tyvm.

Seems digital is the way to go then (here's hoping Nintendo move forward with cloud saves etc)

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Cool, tyvm.

Seems digital is the way to go then (here's hoping Nintendo move forward with cloud saves etc)
Yeah I hope so too. I lost a 250+ hour New Leaf save because I had a digital copy and I lost all my saves. It wasn't a problem with most games since the 3DS has cloud saves, but not for AC. They already said AC won't support cloud saves on Switch either, but that would suck so much.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I hope so too. I lost a 250+ hour New Leaf save because I had a digital copy and I lost all my saves. It wasn't a problem with most games since the 3DS has cloud saves, but not for AC. They already said AC won't support cloud saves on Switch either, but that would suck so much.
This is the dilemma I'm facing. After new leaf I'm still terrified to go digital.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
..If only there was a way to manually back up that data to a PC..

Anyway I've gone digital with shopto so bring on the preload Nintendo !

Anyone got any thoughts on if we'll see those Hori accessories in the U.K.?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

Looks like we can have stairs on the island instead of just slopes like in previous games.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Being able to build and place our own steps would be cool (in addition to slopes). Animal Crossing is at its best when there is an "in addition to."

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up a switch lite this weekend to compliment my OG switch. Can't wait to dig into my first animal crossing. Have they said if this supports cloud saves or will I have to fully transfer my save back and forth?

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
There used to be a site to play Animal Crossing music hourly based on your time, but it stopped working.

So I made another one.

(Enable autoplay of video for this site in your browser for best results)

I plan to actually record my own proper 60 minute versions of the tunes direct from each of the ROMs rather than using someone else's, and I will add all the mainline AC games, it's just New Leaf and the Gamecube one for now.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
There used to be a site to play Animal Crossing music hourly based on your time, but it stopped working.

So I made another one.

I plan to actually record my own proper 60 minute versions of the tunes direct from each of the ROMs rather than using someone else's, and I will add all the mainline AC games, it's just New Leaf and the Gamecube one for now.

I used to have this installed! Thank you for both the reminder that I missed this and for doing the work to bring it back. Will definitely check it out.

Edit - wasn't this a browser extension though?

Draginite

Oct 30, 2017

So I made another one.

I'm checking the site out right now from NYC, it's 10:30PM here but the site is loading up 3AM tracks!

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I wanted it to use local time so thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Fixed. :)

Edit2: Added City Folk and some date-based events.

Last edited:

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Is there anyone that's been playing New Leaf lately in the wind up to New Horizons that knows of a site that has a repository of QR Codes for clothing? I suddenly want to dress my character as Mr. Robot, but I suck at clothing designing. :/

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Is there anyone that's been playing New Leaf lately in the wind up to New Horizons that knows of a site that has a repository of QR Codes for clothing? I suddenly want to dress my character as Mr. Robot, but I suck at clothing designing. :/

TAGS

COLORS ~ red blue green yellow orange purple beige brown white black black & white grey colorful ~ STYLE ~ Shirts Long Sleeves Jackets Pullover & Cardigan Ties & Bow...
www.pinterest.com

100 ACNL Male Clothes ideas | acnl, qr codes animal crossing, animal crossing qr

Oct 24, 2018 - Explore Meredith MacDonald's board "ACNL Male Clothes", followed by 227 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about acnl, qr codes animal crossing, animal crossing qr.
Not sure if these will have what you are looking for but Tumblr and Pinterest have a bunch of codes on the site.

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
l2bqrbq.gif

Went back to Hanabi today after... 8 months? 9? Something like that.

Thank God I had the Green Thumb ordinance in play. I have eight golden rose bushels still intact.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope they add more reptile villagers at some point. Literally the only reptilian villager species is the alligators. No lizards of any kind, no turtles, nothing. I know tortoises and frill-necked lizards were already used for special characters, but I don't care. I want some turtle and lizard villagers.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
hey yall. Not knowing what I need to do to officially join the discord but I see I need to post that I'm from era? I should be appearing as 'Woofington' in the discord if it helps. If I need to post there to get the mod's attention I'll do so too.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I love that it is Festivale day today, I'm running around like a headless chicken turkey collecting furthers for Pavé. I've enjoyed getting back into AC these past couple of weeks, putting it in my schedule to play daily so that I'm ready to switch NL for NH next month.

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
I love that it is Festivale day today, I'm running around like a headless chicken turkey collecting furthers for Pavé. I've enjoyed getting back into AC these past couple of weeks, putting it in my schedule to play daily so that I'm ready to switch NL for NH next month.
I'm doing this too. I got almost all the Pavé furniture. Damn peacock won't give me the Bureau.

I'm also beetle farming every night at the island while I attempt to finish all the expansions on my house.