• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017

Other than the tweet confirming the Christmas Event starting tomorrow from 3pm (JST), I have been tracking how ACPC has been doing on the iOS app store and Google Playstore in Japan and US since launch.

I couldn't get a chart working so here's a table, as you can see, it already got as high as 3rd on top grossing on iOS whereas on GP it has been slowly climbing the ranks.

What will be interesting to see next is if the Christmas event will increase the grossing rank further.

Anything below denoted x means I couldn't get a rank since I could only see the top 50.

On the US stores, the game has stayed first place in downloads but hasn't managed to get a foothold in the top 50 for grossing and stay there.

Code:
    Japan    Start: November 22nd 2017     
              iOS (Rankings)            Google Playstore (Rankings)
Time (Days)    Downloads    Grossing    Downloads    Grossing
1               1             3      |      1            x
2               1             3      |      1            25
3               1             4      |      1            15
4               1             6      |      1            10
5               1             5      |      1             8
6               1             8      |      1             7

Note: The daily rankings are taken from AppAnnie.

Other references for how Animal Crossing Pocket Camp is doing:

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Surpasses 15 Million Downloads, Nintendo's 2nd Largest Mobile Launch

Sensor Tower: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Is Already a Top 10 Grossing Game in Japan

Last edited:

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is awesome news. So around 10pm tonight PST, or right when the day "resets".

Good thing I got the AU version and maxed out the villagers and most of the furniture already!!

I'm thinking this is the update that will get me to drop some cash on bells too.

Tom Nook you're a fiesty one.

Daedardus

Oct 25, 2017
I think the game's isn't grossing as much as expected (in the US/EU) because it's fairly easy to avoid the (ridiculously expensive!) microtransactions. Essentially this is better for us consumers, to be honest. The ultimate goal of the app is just to reach a wider audience to Animal Crossing and make them buy the inevitable Switch version, which it is accomplishing fairly well if you ask me.