• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Nintendo put out a message towards it's mobile game affiliates a year ago? Something along the lines of "Hey, chill out with the MTX!"? Or am I just imagining that? Because this seems like the exact opposite one would want to do in order to ease up with the scummy purchases.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Details have been released.

Happy Helper Plan: $2.99/mo

basically does a lot of the busywork for you, shortens crafting times, and 60 free leaf tickets each month

Cookie and Depot Plan: $7.99/mo

5 free cookies each month, shortens crafting times, and additional storage

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I really hope there's no compatibility with the mobile game to the upcoming console game. I want this mobile version to stay mobile and not infect the console version.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seems reasonably priced, all things considered, to the point that I wonder why anyone would ever buy leaf tickets in the future (though why they ever bought them at all is another question...) The happy helper stuff, minus the leaf tickets, could have been a free update to everyone and feels a little grimy to have stuff like that journal feature behind a paywall, even if it is inconsequential in the end. I think a lot will depend on the future rollout of stuff, I could easily see a world where things suddenly start getting more expensive or rarer in a couple months
I really hope there's no compatibility with the mobile game to the upcoming console game. I want this mobile version to stay mobile and not infect the console version.
There will be no connection aside from a few crossover bonus items.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Happy Helper plan isn't bad, but woof at that cookie plan. All of this is pretty bad coming off the heels of that terrible Gulliver update. And if they make the events harder to encourage subscriptions to the helper plan, I expect there'll be another mass exodus.

Cilla

Oct 29, 2017
Queensland, Australia
I am glad that I dropped this. You used to be able to keep up with all of the LT items if you worked hard during events but it just went crazy and it wasn't worth me playing EVERY four hours. This just cemented my choice of never picking it back up.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have bought leaf tickets occasionally, usually when they have those limited time offers, but my biggest issue with leaf tickets in this game is just that I feel the economy is broken.

Or, to be more specific, it is designed to not really give the average player much value for your purchases at all, but rather extract money from the whales who have money to burn. It's emblematic of mobile games in general, and really sucks. I genuinely want to spend money on this game which I've played for 2 years, but they aren't giving me a good reason to outside of those occasional deals.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Details have been released.

Happy Helper Plan: $2.99/mo

basically does a lot of the busywork for you, shortens crafting times, and 60 free leaf tickets each month

Cookie and Depot Plan: $7.99/mo

5 free cookies each month, shortens crafting times, and additional storage

Can't watch at the moment but if they both shorten crafting times, will it stack if you have both?

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
weirdly the japanese equivalent paid membership videos have a much smaller like/dislike ratio

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
the new ui is cool

but lol at paying an npc to do shit for you

Yeah, about that.

The requests that your NPC helper fulfills for you doesn't increase the friendship level of the animals, which I thought was the whole point.

I missed two of the three-hour periods this morning and my NPC helper gave me like 8 gyroids, 4000 bells and some materials that I'm already maxed out on.

It feels nearly pointless.

cdr Jameson

Oct 27, 2017
Thank god this is no longer available in Belgium. I am saving so much money thanks to my protective governement.