• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
So they basically cut out rewards from the usual seasonal goals and walled them off behind the new sub? I also noticed that quite a few of the recent cookies have had reduced rates for 4* and 5* items, with rates as low as 2.5% for the latter. It feels like we're back to the desperate cash grabs that started creeping into the game before ACNH brought in an influx of new players and staved off some of the greediness.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Is this confirmed? Looking at the "battle pass," it seemed like they were legitimately bonus rewards. It didn't feel like they were cut from the normal rewards.
We used to receive 2 Gift+ from the seasonal goals, but they cut it back to 1 a few months ago. Similarly, we would get 2 Reissue Maps, but now they've moved 1 to the paid plan.

I did some more digging and made a comparison between Autumn Leaf Peeping Picnic (the last seasonal event to offer 2 Gift+), and the current Vintage Valentine event:

Autumn Leaf
6 Reissue Material
2 Reissue Material Maps
15 LT
30 LT (1 Lotsa LT Map)

5 Fresh-Foliage Gifts
2 Fresh-Foliage Gifts+
2 Pampas-Grass Vases
4 Flying Red Dragonflies
2 Autumn Park Picnic Sets
Vintage Valentine
5+5 = 10 Reissue Material
1+1 = 2 Reissue Material Maps
15+39 = 54 LT
30 LT (1 Lotsa LT Map)
5 LT (MyNintendo)
2 Sparkle Stones
1 Sparkle Stone Map
6+4 = 10 Vintage Valentine Gifts
1+1 = 2 Vintage Valentine Gifts+
1+1 = 2 Clothes
4+2 = 6 Chairs
1 Clock
1 Cookie

So,, yeah, they definitely nerfed the free pass a bit to shore up the paid one. And while the extra 39 LT may seem nice, it's worth noting that the events used to give more LT. For example, the most recent fishing event (#46) literally gave no LT, 40-45 gave 3 LT, and 14-39 were mostly 6 or 9 LT. And I just realized the goals for this current garden event also give 0 LT. The past few months were only 3 LT, whereas there was a long stretch when they gave 6 or 9.

It's one thing to charge for additional benefits, but the fact that they're actively making the experience worse for F2P players is not a good look.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Some of the jewel items you unlock this month might be some of the best I've ever seen in an Animal Crossing game.

There's these walls where the villagers will literally run back and forth on them like lunatics and I now have a villager at my camp hanging from the ceiling over an encased jewel like Mission: Impossible.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
For those still playing and subbed to the Furniture & Fashion Plan: check your Leaf Tickets.

They're giving out 30 tickets per each month that you were subbed. They gave me like 1,000 tickets.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Almost got all the bugs, just missing the ant now.

The fish, remaining fish that is are gonna be a pain.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
After years of waiting for them to add an alternative way to get caps, I decided to finally do the Brake Tapper stuff and almost lost my mind just getting 750 caps for the shirts. Then I realized I could probably just use an autoclicker for it. It only took 5 minutes of experimenting and I stumbled upon the perfect setting for covering all three possibilities, lol. Now I just have to let it run overnight and hope my 9999 friend powder is enough.

Edit: It actually wasn't consistent on the 50 cap one, but worked great on 5 and 30. It ended up taking about 5 hours of autoclicking and ~4500 friend powder, but I was able to get 15k caps for the two big-ticket items. For those interested, a click every 770 milliseconds worked great for me. I really wish they'd update Brake Tapper though. I was planning on continuing because I thought it might be a good source for essences, but 1 essence for 250 caps is ridiculous lol.

Last edited:

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I got bored and curious the other day and opened this for the first time in years… goddamn, they really went whole hog with the micro transactions, eh? The game looks mobile as hell now with all the prompts for things that cost money and the UI is so cluttered it's unbelievable.

I'm still annoyed that Pocket Camp has items they never brought to New Horizons like the Nintendo console collectibles or the Splatoon collab stuff. I don't get it.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Well this is weird. When I went to accept gifts I got a prompt about needing to update first, but I'm already at the latest version. I've tried restarting the App, deleting and reinstalling it, restarting my phone, pretty much everything and it's still giving me the pop up.

Anyone encountered this?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Well this is weird. When I went to accept gifts I got a prompt about needing to update first, but I'm already at the latest version. I've tried restarting the App, deleting and reinstalling it, restarting my phone, pretty much everything and it's still giving me the pop up.

Anyone encountered this?
It's a known glitch. The devs are working on it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So with Mario Kart Tour no longer receiving new content, it's kind of wild that Pocket Camp still is. (It's not being shut down -- they'll just be repeating previous events from the past four years from now on.)

I assume it must have done quite well for Nintendo but I also don't expect it to go on too much longer.

Anyone else still playing? i don't know why this became the mobile that I've never dropped off from. I guess it's just a calm and easy thing to pull up and do dailies in without worrying about currency or paying money?