• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
is there a super basic how-to for farming flower colours? I have maybe 3-4 of each colour now, but would like to build more of a buffer so that when flower events come around I don't mind pulling up all my flowers and then replanting aftewards.

So far I've just been planting a lot of the basic colour pansies and tulips for stock.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Super basic pansies:
Red: Buy from Lloid.
Yellow: Buy from Lloid.
White/Coral (orange)/Purple/Blue: Grow Reds from Lloid, cross polinate with White/Coral/Purple/Blue at a friend's garden.
Orange (red-yellow)/Yellow-Blue: Grow Yellows from Lloid, cross polinate with Red-Blue at a friend's garden.

Super basic tulips:
Red: Buy from Lloid.
Orange: Buy from Lloid.
Yellow/Black/Pink/Purple: Grow Orange from Lloid, cross polinate with Yellow/Black/Pink/Purple at a friend's garden.
White/Blue: Grow Orange from Lloid, cross polinate with Blue at a friend's garden.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
interesting. any reason to do them at a friend's garden? I could plant my own white/coral etc and cross pollinate.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
first time i haven't gotten all the creature trade rewards

just been way too busy lately to log in enough times. i thought about using flower food a bunch but i wouldn't have had enough seeds anyway. oh well.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I missed the final gold prize by a single butterfly, which I probably would have caught if I had remembered to log in. Silly.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
New amenity and new essence but only three animals? My lv5 tier 3 elegant will finish later today so that's good timing, but it'll take ages to collect modern essence with only three animals

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
My advice would be to do a request ticket for each and give out a few snacks so you can reach lvl5 with at least 2 of them: That should net you the 10 essences needed to get started on the tent.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
new fishing event. If I rent a golden rod does that mean I get 14 fish per spawning session?
Edit: yes i do. Makes these events much more relaxing so I don't mind the cost so much

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully there will be some more modern animals soon. Just started the tier 2 amenity but it'll be a long slog to tier 3 with only three animals

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I'm doing okay with the modern essences, I think. Soon enough these three will reach lvl15 and after that it'll be trivial to gather the rest.
Wonder if the golden may be a necessity with an actual dud fish that contributes next to nothing...
My guess is no, it won't be needed at all. Last time the smallest fish wasn't very useful either but everyone on my friendlist easily flew past the last goal.

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants to hang back and get the silver trophy, but I'll probably miss out on some other missable reward.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. 6 of the 7 fish were the tiny one. So even with a few doubles my total was a measly 101.

Did they change the way campers at your site work? They used to give plenty of nice gifts making them a good way to get essence. Now most of the time they just level up with no gift. My store of modern essence is severely lacking.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. 6 of the 7 fish were the tiny one. So even with a few doubles my total was a measly 101.

Did they change the way campers at your site work? They used to give plenty of nice gifts making them a good way to get essence. Now most of the time they just level up with no gift. My store of modern essence is severely lacking.

I th(no maybe that's down to only having three of them. It does sometimes feel like the rewards go in phases - like you'll get a lot of essence then nothing but comments, or money.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I th(no maybe that's down to only having three of them. It does sometimes feel like the rewards go in phases - like you'll get a lot of essence then nothing but comments, or money.
Ah, good point. I forgot there's only 3 of them right now. At least the modern tent is pretty sweet.

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
Just unlocked the Large Rocky Seafloor, and I'm gonna stop. At least that way I get the silver trophy. Presumably all the rewards from now on are just nets and essence.

Getting the wooden and bronze trophies are gonna require repeated fishing events, unfortunately.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just unlocked the Large Rocky Seafloor, and I'm gonna stop. At least that way I get the silver trophy. Presumably all the rewards from now on are just nets and essence.

Getting the wooden and bronze trophies are gonna require repeated fishing events, unfortunately.

you only get the 'best' trophy level reached? that sucks. I've stopped at 10010cm which is a nice round number. I was getting decent rewards past the 6000 target though - quite a few rocks/tanks etc.

Now its the slightly frustrating part where the tournament blocks you from catching normal fish until it has finished.

I'm having a little push at the moment to try and get to level 100. Just hit 99.

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I only got the gold trophy last time. Fortunately, the last exclusive reward appears just before you hit the gold requirement, in this tournament at least. It was only luck that I stopped short of winning the trophy before checking.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I was given a rococo sofa as a gift for suggesting it as a gift for one of the animals - never seen that before

If I want to get more modern essence would I be crazy for evicting all animals from camp except the three modern ones so I have a better chance at getting essence gifts from them?

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
The gift suggestion thing is weird. If you choose correctly (furniture an animal would like), you get no bonus in anything. Sometimes if you choose correctly, you get that furniture. Sometimes if you choose wrong, you get that furniture.

Basically, always just choose the furniture you'd most want for yourself and hope you get it.

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
Bollocks. It added the fish I had in my pockets, that I hadn't handed in, to my total, so I snagged gold. :(

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
If I want to get more modern essence would I be crazy for evicting all animals from camp except the three modern ones so I have a better chance at getting essence gifts from them?
You'd get only a few essences more. Not from gifts, but as a reward for finding their lost items.

-edit-

Oh hey, 2 more modern villagers were added: Carmen & Zell.

I'm only 2 hours away from opening my tier 3 modern amenity, so it should be a breeze for them to catch up.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
oh good news - both from getting more modern essence, and hitting level 100 (new animals always helpful for that) Now which of my elegants to kick out?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
377 orange seeds thanks to trading in the blue flowers. Can hopefully do the second half without worrying about requests from animals - wasn't getting many blue seeds from them anyway, mostly from sharing.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
so is it just me or has the frequency of special fortune cookies appearing for purchase with bells increased considerably? I feel like i've gotten one every day for the last while

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no. I hardly ever get specials.

Also the spawn rate for Queen Bumblecubes is fucking appalling.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
3 more queens for a sparkle stone but basicalky done for all the unique items

Do they take your seeds at the end or do they sell them for you? Have about 170 orange so I don't want to lose the value of them, just want to check if I should sell them before the end or the game will do it for me

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I just reached lvl117, only one away from the level cap. New animals when?

Do they take your seeds at the end or do they sell them for you? Have about 170 orange so I don't want to lose the value of them, just want to check if I should sell them before the end or the game will do it for me
You keep the seeds and flowers, critters are sold automatically.
-edit-
Actually skullmuffins is right, flowers are sold too!

Last edited:

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

At the end of the event all your event flowers and critters will be automatically exchanged for bells, but the seeds stay in your inventory. Rare event seeds are useful to hang on to after the event is over - the seeds sell for 60 bells, but you can grow the seeds and use the resulting flowers for animal requests, where you'll get 500 bells as a reward instead of the standard 100.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I thought flowers stayed? I still have blue flowers and pink ones that were from previous events, and I don't remember specifically planting seeds to get them. So maybe I should stop planting then

oh so for any animal requesting a random flower - thats useful to know.

Haelsly

Oct 25, 2017
I thought flowers stayed? I still have blue flowers and pink ones that were from previous events, and I don't remember specifically planting seeds to get them. So maybe I should stop planting then

oh so for any animal requesting a random flower - thats useful to know.

If you pull the flowers up after the event ends then they'll stay in your inventory. I still have a handful of flowers from past events cos I left them planted until the start of the next one.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I am not liking some of the updates. I don't need to have an icon on the main screen showing when one of my many friends has flowers that can be shared to. No way will I ever be able to make that go away and it's already annoying me

Friends list staying in place and not jumping back to the top when you help someone or check their market box is great though

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I like the update. I think having the quarry notifications there will really help out.

I got my days of the week muddled up and brute forced the last exclusive item with plant food last night. I defo need to update my friend list, cos alot of people aren't sharing this time round.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I tend to organically settle on 3-4 people that tend to share back regularly. Can be tricky when they aren't available tinshare back to immediately burn I usually make a mental note to heck in later

I kind of wish people wouldn't water all the plants though - an unwatered plant is a helpful timer (I actually set a timer on my phone so I can snipe them when freshly bloomed). Or maybe the game could let you see how long a plant has even it it has been watered - you can do that on your own garden but not at friends

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
not having to scroll down the friendlist is a feature i legit would have paid for

i would grumble about how this should be free, of course. but i would pay!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Rebalancing my inventory - now trying to keep 12 of everything non-rare, and 2 of all rare items. Puts me at about 270 so space to go over with balloons etc. Previously I had 18 of bugs and fish and it kept hitting the limit. Animals now don't ask for as much - sometimes nothing with furniture and now clothing requests so that should be fine.

Also finally going to try and do some cross pollinating - to at least 10 of each colour. Gardening events always get in the way

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
the update to the friend list icon showing when you have quarry requests is already paying dividends

i normally don't bother asking for help anymore since i don't need anything, but i just saw a shiny modern essence show up so i figured i'd go for it. asked for help from 20 people and within like 10 minutes i was good to go! this never would have happened before this late in this day; in the past people only actively checked their lists the first couple times they logged in, it felt like