• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I stopped playing this awhile back, but I still see pictures of all the cool new furniture and clothing.

I hope it's all present in AC Switch.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
This gardening event is my first one I'm skipping. Not opened the game all week

But a toad hat? Got to have that

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
MRsxA5j.png

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I also splurged on the mask stand after skipping the hammock. Not sure about that kiddie pool.

And I'm really not sure I want to bother with another fish event this tough. The last flower event was fairly easy, but this fishing event looks worse than the last one, which sucked. Maybe I'll just aim for my first silver trophy...

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
So, about the new event... according to dataminers:
Red zinnias are red/red, but when cross-polinated with red will mutate to yellow/yellow 100% of the time. The rest also mutate when cross-polinated with their same colour, at lower percentages:
R/R = 100% Mutate to Y/Y
Y/Y = 70% Mutate to G/G
G/G = 50% Mutate to B/B

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
This gardening event seems slightly different: Expect less bugs spawned, more bugs caught. They're apparently trying to push sharing with other players a bit more.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
just realized that camp guests don't ask you to confirm whether you want to change their outfits anymore

thank goodness, that was such an annoying redundancy

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I wish they would make the critters locked to the flower they grow on so people do not use other people's garden as a dumping ground for the first event phase critters.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Without a hint of irony: I'd unfriend and block someone for doing that. If you need to dump phase 1 critters during phase 2 you can simply do it on an inactive player's garden.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
You do, yes. I actually don't know why some people do it, but I've seen it done on a few friendly gardens: 12-15 phase 1 critters fluttering on every single phase 2 flower that didn't had a phase 2 critter when the gardening terrorist visited.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone returning after the recent Switch news?

A lot has changed I see and I like it, there's more to do. That night sky furniture set looks great but I am a little late to the party so I might have to buy some leaf tickets :(

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I caved and bought the golden rod:( The last couple fishing events were too hard, and I really want that snail.

Though I am a bit disappointed in the prizes. They clearly put the best Splatoon items in those damn cookies.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Not me. I'd much rather have a silver trophy than ruin the competition by making it easier.

In other news, I finally finished the Furniture and Clothes catalog. Let me check my spreadsheets...
Clothing Fortune Cookie: Complete after opening 137 cookies in 153 days (16Sep)
Timmy's Fortuny Cookie: Complete after opening 108 cookies in 129 days (23Aug)
Tommy's Fortuny Cookie: Complete after opening 102 cookies in 124 days (18Aug)

So...347 pulls to collect all 92 different items.

Gacha and lootboxes are such irredeemable garbage.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
i got the golden rod last couple times lol

i haven't had as much time as i used to for these fishing events, so it's worth it

i'm also thinking of dropping $18 for the Small Splatoon Fortune Cookie bonus pack. honestly don't know what to spend all my google credits on so :shrug:

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I started playing in the last few days. What are the chances of finishing an event with a gold trophy when not spending any money?

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I started playing in the last few days. What are the chances of finishing an event with a gold trophy when not spending any money?
depends on how lucky you are and how many times per day you participate. if you're doing it like 4+ times per day it should be easy without spending Leaf Tickets.

if less often than that then it will just depend on how lucky you are with double-ups and the types of fish you catch (the whole thing is based on their collective sizes).

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, thanks! Today i've gotten to around ....2400 cm?
That's a good start. The event lasts 7 days which is longer than the usual 5, but you need 9800 for the gold this time. 9800/7 = 1400 a day minimum.

The real kicker, and why I got the golden rod (well, that and I had 2000 tickets saved up:( is if you want the bonus items. Most are duplicates, but one is a Sea Snail. I want that Sea Snail. And that requires another 400-3200 past the gold (depending on how lucky/unlucky you get). That is a bit tougher.

And I still refuse to buy cookies with tickets. I'll only get the random one for coins that pops up every several days. But Splatoon items are so tempting...

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yes I don't buy cookies with tickets either. I have infinite patience.

.....well, okay, until AC 2019.....

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I don't really understand how video game development works, but do you guys think it would be possible for AC team to be using the HD Pocket Camp assets in the upcoming AC Switch game? I love the art style in pocket camp and I hope the stick with it in the new game. I don't it to be all washed out and bloomy, or to rely on "realistic" lighting and shadows too much.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand how video game development works, but do you guys think it would be possible for AC team to be using the HD Pocket Camp assets in the upcoming AC Switch game? I love the art style in pocket camp and I hope the stick with it in the new game. I don't it to be all washed out and bloomy, or to rely on "realistic" lighting and shadows too much.

I can see that happening but I am 'for' the natural lighting camp

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
man these new spooky campsite sceneries are great but getting fully decked out just costs an insane number of tickets

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Not being able to trade flowers for essences and other materials sucks. Especially since I started swapping out villagers to do their request items and a lot of them require steel.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Not being able to trade flowers for essences and other materials sucks. Especially since I started swapping out villagers to do their request items and a lot of them require steel.

I keep filling up to the point where I cannot receive any more materials so I try and sell at least half the stock of each material; wood, metal, cotton etc and a few days later I get the same message where I cannot receive any more... O_o

This screen grab has gotten me into the Halloween Spirit already

ZhvIQID.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I keep filling up to the point where I cannot receive any more materials so I try and sell at least half the stock of each material; wood, metal, cotton etc and a few days later I get the same message where I cannot receive any more... O_o

This screen grab has gotten me into the Halloween Spirit already

ZhvIQID.jpg
I actually managed to finish all of the regular tasks and unlocked the "hard tasks". First time I was able to do that.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so. I haven't played this game in.... months, since flowers were first introduced. Trying to get back into it. What's the best plan of action for events/spending tickets? I haven't spent anything since I started way back but it's still a fairly new account. I think I'm probably a bit too late for the current event but might be able to get some neat halloween stuff

And saving bells, I'm really struggling with that

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so. I haven't played this game in.... months, since flowers were first introduced. Trying to get back into it. What's the best plan of action for events/spending tickets? I haven't spent anything since I started way back but it's still a fairly new account. I think I'm probably a bit too late for the current event but might be able to get some neat halloween stuff

And saving bells, I'm really struggling with that

just log in daily this game will give out tickets every now and then and the amount of quests that appear seem to be over abundant. There is also under My. Nintendo you can claim some leaf tickets there for a limited time.

x7iD79y.png