• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Cannot tell if it is my internet or that so many people are logging in for the Eevee items that the game keeps having the 802-0816 error.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so. I haven't played this game in.... months, since flowers were first introduced. Trying to get back into it. What's the best plan of action for events/spending tickets? I haven't spent anything since I started way back but it's still a fairly new account. I think I'm probably a bit too late for the current event but might be able to get some neat halloween stuff

And saving bells, I'm really struggling with that

I'm in the same boat. Thinking of jumping back in. How much exclusive shit have I missed? Is there any indication of stuff coming back around?

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
MiTYH nicoga3000
There's been new exclusive stuff every month or so, you can check the special catalogue to see it... but I honestly wouldn't bother thinking about it, nor would I ever pay for cookies. They're expensive and the best rewards are random and very rare.

Honestly, I only spend leaf tickets on upgrading inventory space and ocasionally crafting event items.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot that tickets don't transfer from iOS to Android. Did I lose them if I logged in on Android? Or can I login on my iPad and get those tickets back?

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
I caved in on the chair
n5mGZPS.png

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
What is the max inventory? I might just burn all my tickets on that, but want to know what that magic number actually is!

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not sure how I feel about all the items being auto sorted lol

i guess it's a good thing but i also feel kinda violated

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
There is a LOT to do since I've come back. Gulliver is confusing and having a stack of new residents to please has taken a huge toll on my resources. Having to build up 4 new essences from scratch is slow going.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
There is a LOT to do since I've come back. Gulliver is confusing and having a stack of new residents to please has taken a huge toll on my resources. Having to build up 4 new essences from scratch is slow going.

I don't worry much about Gulliver unless I'm clearing out doubles in my inventory or if you want him to randomly bring; Ohare, Plucky, Rowan. Completing daily tasks should aid you in obtaining some of those essences along with getting a few food items

Last edited:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I don't worry much about Gulliver unless I'm clearing out doubles in my inventory or if you want him to randomly bring; Ohare, Plucky, Rowan. Completing daily tasks should aid you in obtaining some of those essences along with getting a few food items

Are those villagers able to be invited to my camp? Or are they temporary??

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
The three villagers can be invited, as soon as they're unlocked by being introduced. The chance of unlocking them is flat and unrelated to cargo quality, so you are just as likely to get them by shovelling cheap garbage onto Gulliver's boat. Like bamboo fence, for example.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I just got the notorious "you can't hold more of this item" pop-up, which seemed odd because I had just sold off a whole bunch of resources. Turns out I maxed out historical essence. My first full essence! I've played too much...

FYI: If anyone wants/needs 20 free leaf tickets, they are available for a limited time as a My Nintendo reward.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
So I was robbed recently including my cellphone, is it possible to use an emulator while I get my cellphone back? I just dont want to miss any Halloween event.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So I was robbed recently including my cellphone, is it possible to use an emulator while I get my cellphone back? I just dont want to miss any Halloween event.

Sorry to hear that.

You SHOULD be able to emulate assuming you log into your account. I went between iPad and android a few times for the first few days with zero issues.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Oh lord. I don't have a buddy to grind and farm these plant events with anymore. He quit.

How easy/hard are they at this point?

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
If it works like the last two times, it is on average easier. I always keep 4 plants free and grow the rest while trying to return every bug that is placed on my garden.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
He is my coworker, so we would just send chat messages back and forth or wander into one another's office lol.

In this case, I'll log in as often as I can and send back and forth as I have it. Or WhatsApp/GChat messaging haha.
Don't sweat about trying to log in too much; just post here or send a message when you don't need a butterfly type anymore. I'll probably have a slow start for the second type right now since I like planting by 20s.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I never know what to make of people who have a garden of 20 open flowers. Do they need more bugs? (Then why don't they plant more flowers?) Are they done? (Then why keep the flowers open?)

I saw this originally when I happened to check on someone during the gap between collecting and planting, but lately I've seen these 20 open flowers stay as 20 open.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I never know what to make of people who have a garden of 20 open flowers. Do they need more bugs? (Then why don't they plant more flowers?) Are they done? (Then why keep the flowers open?)

I saw this originally when I happened to check on someone during the gap between collecting and planting, but lately I've seen these 20 open flowers stay as 20 open.
They might be out of seeds and want to leave the bloomed flowers out for people to put bugs on them versus just picking all the flowers and leaving the garden bare.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
That could happen, but it is less likely during phase 2 since seeds are super easy to find. I honestly wouldn't worry about it, and I'd assume they're just playing very casually. Maybe drop a few bugs and move on.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

i can't speak for others but the times i do this (which isn't often) it's usually because i'm out of seeds and don't have time to grind for them when i harvested the bugs. so i just left it for the time being.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Those are all reasonable reasons. I did drop a few when I saw that, and will again (and looking now both cases I saw show no open flowers...).

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017

Nice. The only time I ever saw two special cookies was the very first day. Unfortunately, I misunderstood how they worked. I thought cookies refreshed twice a day and were always the special kind (as I didn't know the common cookies existed). Long story short, I only bought one of the two:(

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nice. The only time I ever saw two special cookies was the very first day. Unfortunately, I misunderstood how they worked. I thought cookies refreshed twice a day and were always the special kind (as I didn't know the common cookies existed). Long story short, I only bought one of the two:(
hahaha oops :D

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The First Anniversary leaf ticket bundle is actually a great deal. It's not the first time I've bought one of their little limited time packs, but it's certainly the first time I've felt it was a no-brainer, and not just buying it for the sake of putting some money into the game.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Distance wise, this fishing tournament was already fairly easy... and then this happened.

nT3LLAN.png
Wow. Did you have the golden rod? I didn't bother this time, and I still managed to get the gold trophy with ease with a day left. If only the prizes were better for this event... but it's adorable how hard Isabelle tries to make sure everyone is happy and has a good time:)

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Nope, never used the golden rod since I'd rather spend the tickets on things like the Isabelle slideshow. I'm rapidly running out, though and since I'm at the level cap I may not be able to afford the next one.

-Edit-

Oh hey, new update and scheduled maintenance in two days. Neat.

Last edited: